Thread: My 1st trying with new camera

Default My 1st trying with new camera

Hi!
    was trying to take some snapshots last night. here is the link to my pictures
    http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoh...bum?.dir=/ca7a
    comments are most welcome
    thank you.
    Last edited by hhho; 20th December 2004 at 08:44 AM. Reason: signature not necessary

for your merlion pic, its been PSed or its original? anyway, CA is so strong in the pic, wonder what cam u used & wat setting...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Merlion picture

Thank you for your viewing.
    was trying to capture two merlions in one single exposure.
    think the 1st shot is in focus. then 2nd merlion was out of focus because of shifting camera to the other side while covering lens thus caused CA in picuture. Nothing wrong to the lens because another shot was taken with no CA - just uploaded for your comparision
    these shots are without PSed just do the raw conversion to jpeg and upload.
    ya, need to improve on my setting and skill further with more practises. camera used was Olympus E300 with kit lens and setting was F22, 13sec, ISO400 (1st)
    F20, 13sec, ISO400 (2nd)

my 2 cents,

if you wanna take long exposure, i think you can use lower iso, unless you are not using tripod, but since you have a tripod, i guess iso100 or lower is possible. Hence no need for f22. mayb just f8 will do. anyway nice effect, but the shift of the merlion also brings along some background shift.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.