Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

  1. #61

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    I think 1 problem is that one can easily get lost in the advice one receives on photography in a forum when starting out

  2. #62
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    1, you took photos of monkey,

    2, a man though you took photos of him

    3, so he came and told you to delete of his photo

    so........

    you show him the photos of monkey,

    told him that you don't know that is him,

    you will delete the photos if he say that is him.


    get it??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #63
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,335

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Sometimes we don't need a reason to do things. I know there's no point listening to other's stories too, but I just want to. Just like how I chose a hobby instead of having none at all. It's not necessary, but I just chose it
    There are extracts from the book “Biting The Bamboo” written by Dr Tan Lai Yong (a Singapore-trained medical doctor) who spent 8 years working in Yunnan.

    Extract One

    Once an oversea visitor asked “Why is that lady biting a bamboo?’
    Well the lady was chewing a 1.5m sugar cane and my kids were tickled that someone could mistake it for a bamboo. But they do look similar to one who is new.

    Extract Two

    One spring day, I sat down with an old farmer and we started talking about the lychee harvest. The rain had been just enough. The spring sunshine meant a huge number of lychee flowers. I asked him if he thought he would get a good harvest.
    He shook his head and said with a half-laugh, “Plenty of flowers. The trees are all covered with flowers. But where are the bees?”
    I must have looked a little lost so he quickly added, “My dear doctor. Without bees, you have no lychee fruits.”

    Moral of the story: You teach and learn at the same time

  4. #64
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    There are extracts from the book “Biting The Bamboo” written by Dr Tan Lai Yong (a Singapore-trained medical doctor) who spent 8 years working in Yunnan.

    Extract One

    Once an oversea visitor asked “Why is that lady biting a bamboo?’
    Well the lady was chewing a 1.5m sugar cane and my kids were tickled that someone could mistake it for a bamboo. But they do look similar to one who is new.

    Extract Two

    One spring day, I sat down with an old farmer and we started talking about the lychee harvest. The rain had been just enough. The spring sunshine meant a huge number of lychee flowers. I asked him if he thought he would get a good harvest.
    He shook his head and said with a half-laugh, “Plenty of flowers. The trees are all covered with flowers. But where are the bees?”
    I must have looked a little lost so he quickly added, “My dear doctor. Without bees, you have no lychee fruits.”

    Moral of the story: You teach and learn at the same time
    i agree. u teach and u will learn something new everytime.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #65

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    “When one teaches, two learn.”
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  6. #66

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    “When one teaches, two learn.”
    You are one with a high level of learnedness.

  7. #67

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    1, you took photos of monkey,

    2, a man though you took photos of him

    3, so he came and told you to delete of his photo

    so........

    you show him the photos of monkey,

    told him that you don't know that is him,

    you will delete the photos if he say that is him.


    get it??
    LOL, not everyone got sense of humor lar.
    Objection !!!

  8. #68

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    LOL, not everyone got sense of humor lar.
    Err. Rather than finding it funny. I'm finding it logical. Perhaps you misunderstand his reply. In my view, Catchlights was just explaining it STEP-by-STEP because the "targeted" guy obviously don't get it if not explained this way.
    Serene Fotoworks Facebook Page :) | with my <3 Canon 600D

  9. #69

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenefotoworks View Post
    Err. Rather than finding it funny. I'm finding it logical. Perhaps you misunderstand his reply. In my view, Catchlights was just explaining it STEP-by-STEP because the "targeted" guy obviously don't get it if not explained this way.

  10. #70

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    >.<' targeted to ninelives!
    Serene Fotoworks Facebook Page :) | with my <3 Canon 600D

  11. #71

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenefotoworks View Post
    >.<' targeted to ninelives!
    Do you get catchlights joke?

  12. #72

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    because of that, i went to intern at a garmen agency just to learn how gebiz actually works (as part of my aim).
    no you don't need to pick the lowest especially if it was ineffective.
    You need to pick the lowest quote that meet specs.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    You need to pick the lowest quote that meet specs.
    quoted for truth, yet again.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #74
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: What problems do you face when you start out in photography?

    started out well enough ....... with 24hrs of nothing but banal talk this thread has served out its usefulness

    closed
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •