Thread: How do u feel when u sell yr eqpt??

Default How do u feel when u sell yr eqpt??

I let just let go of my 20-35 wide angle lens and felt as if I parted ways with a good fren. Been with me for abt 7 mths. Shot some pretty decent shots with it. I think I am a sentimental person. Well....how do u pple feel when u sell yr eqpt which have been with u for quite some time??just curious.

usually spend some quiet moments with the equipment before meeting the prospective buyer..... and after selling, start playing with the new equipment that replaced it!
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Me no feelings for my equipment.... Also not brand loyal.

Since April this year till today, I've had 4 different digicams!

In the past 2 years, I've changed 6 different handphones....

Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8 is a very very good lens. Why u wanna sell it?

When I sold off something that I don't like, I feel relief. When I sold off something I love...I feel sad.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by dbchoong
    Me no feelings for my equipment.... Also not brand loyal.

Since April this year till today, I've had 4 different digicams!

In the past 2 years, I've changed 6 different handphones....

Too much money?

Default Re: How do u feel when u sell yr eqpt??

Originally posted by kongg
    I let just let go of my 20-35 wide angle lens and felt as if I parted ways with a good fren. Been with me for abt 7 mths. Shot some pretty decent shots with it. I think I am a sentimental person. Well....how do u pple feel when u sell yr eqpt which have been with u for quite some time??just curious.
    Just believe that it has got into the hands of a good owner and that it'll continue to serve well!

So when you're getting the 17-35mm?

Yeah..... I wish....

Most things I buy 2nd hand, so already depreciated. So, when I sell, depreciation is minimal. Of course, I keep and treat my stuff properly, no abuse.

I treat it as if I were renting the equipment. Use it for a while, then sell away and get another model.

Originally posted by revenant

Too much money?

well, if i have not use it for a long time, the 'emotional factor' is gone. Most of the time if i sell is to facilitate a new buy, so the new 'toy' will overwhelmed the 'loss' factor.

Jerome
    Guests

For camera accessories, usually I don't mind. For lenses, hmmm... I have tried many times in the past to let go 1 or 2 but somehow I find I have a use for them, even though I don't use them often. You can say it's a sentimental feeling.

For eg, I have a $400 lens, and if I sell it for about $300, I'm making a loss of $100. (The lens is in tip-top condition btw.) And even then, $300 is not a lot to be gained. Seriously, unless you own a basic camera gear, otherwise, $300 is peanuts in a hobby such as photography. The only reason I can think of for selling it away is to make more space in my cabinet. I use that lens very minimally, but on those occassions that I do, this lens never fails me and I feel more expressive.

Now I tell myself, if I really sell it away, it'll probably be the day when I give up photography or want to keep my camera gear to very few items only.

Default Re: How do u feel when u sell yr eqpt??

Originally posted by kongg
    Attached to a lens after 7 months ... such a short time.. it takes me at least a decade to get really attached to a lens.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

AG.......the 17-35 will have to wait for now.