Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: D400 anyone?

  1. #41
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Problem here is that the Nikon plant is not able to keep up with the demand.

    Just look at D800, people are still waiting for it.
    lets hope the new cameras are easier to make than the D800 and the plant in thailand is geared up to run at full speed

  2. #42

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    I hope that D400 will be FX, however, most likely won't be true.
    Current lineup seems like a bit too much future proof, at least for me!

  3. #43

    Default

    D800 is made in Sendai and the DX cameras in Thailand. Should not be related in terms of capability of supply. If D400 is FX then it could be the first FX camera to roll off Thailand plant. I am waiting to see more opinions before plunging. And see what D400 is, FX or DX, what pixel density, high ISO, etc.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive
    D800 is made in Sendai and the DX cameras in Thailand. Should not be related in terms of capability of supply. If D400 is FX then it could be the first FX camera to roll off Thailand plant. I am waiting to see more opinions before plunging. And see what D400 is, FX or DX, what pixel density, high ISO, etc.
    Apparently 30k units a month is not enough for the world......
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  5. #45
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Apparently 30k units a month is not enough for the world......
    it's even on MY wishlist even though i don't make any money from my photographs. don't need it. just want it.
    maybe in another year or two when i'm hopefully richer... sigh.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  6. #46
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Huge market in China now.

    I believe that many of us with the D90/D300 are due for an upgrade.

    Another surge of demand for the D300 replacement.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    Huge market in China now.

    I believe that many of us with the D90/D300 are due for an upgrade.

    Another surge of demand for the D300 replacement.
    I'm one of them. I'd really like to evaluate the D300s successor before deciding if a D800 or D4 is needed.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow

    I'm one of them. I'd really like to evaluate the D300s successor before deciding if a D800 or D4 is needed.
    If u are hoping for D400 to be FX that is... If its still DX, why not go for D800 straight?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  9. #49
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

    If u are hoping for D400 to be FX that is... If its still DX, why not go for D800 straight?
    Just one word, we need FX but we not spend higher cost for D800,
    If the D400 FX is Selling around $3000.
    The specs much better than D700,
    Do you thing, all the DX jumper will be going for D800 or instead to D400 in time?

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

    If u are hoping for D400 to be FX that is... If its still DX, why not go for D800 straight?
    I've managed to get away with DX for most of my commercial works. I have noted that I have a growing number of assignments where high fps is required, and that is why I'm not exactly flocking to the D800 yet.

    If the successor of the D300s is able to satisfy my requirements, I may consider that, DX or FX.

    The considerations for the D800 right now are the superior megapixel count and better high ISO capability over the current DX range. I have access to MF digital backs, so I can handle assignments that require high resolution.

    Meanwhile, I am actually using the Canon 5D Mk III to fulfill some interim assignments. I sadly cannot get hold of either the D800 or the D4. As long as the equipment deliver, I am comfortable using any system.

    Even tried Sony for a little while, just for fun! :-)
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Ah, seems like you are well resourced
    Just had a chat with Luke from NPS, he mentions the availability of D800 will be much better by end May.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye
    Ah, seems like you are well resourced
    Just had a chat with Luke from NPS, he mentions the availability of D800 will be much better by end May.
    Ha! Looking forward to then!

    And I'm not that well resourced. I was just fortunate to know a couple of nice people and am able to tap on some unique funding arrangements. Haha.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  13. #53
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    The D4 and D800 is on display at SAM for Clubsnap 10 anniversary for testing.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    The D4 and D800 is on display at SAM for Clubsnap 10 anniversary for testing.
    Too bad I do not have any original lenses of wide angle nature to try. And Nikon staff claims that they cannot replicate the same issue as what other people are facing. The claimed they had tested with lenses from 14mm to 35mm.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  15. #55

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    maybe a D700 sensor in D400 body

  16. #56
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by netidolweb View Post
    maybe a D700 sensor in D400 body
    The D700 is already in a D300/400 type of body.....

  17. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid

    The D700 is already in a D300/400 type of body.....
    Think he meant D700 comparable quality in DX weather sealed bidy.

  18. #58
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Over here is difficult as most are sales staff and not end user.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Too bad I do not have any original lenses of wide angle nature to try. And Nikon staff claims that they cannot replicate the same issue as what other people are facing. The claimed they had tested with lenses from 14mm to 35mm.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    Over here is difficult as most are sales staff and not end user.
    Those were the technical staff that were speaking. His name is Luke Tan.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  20. #60

    Default Re: D400 anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Those were the technical staff that were speaking. His name is Luke Tan.
    NPS Singapore

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •