Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Sat On Sulfuric Acid In MRT. Buttock Chao Tah, Skin Graft Required.

Default Woman Sat On Sulfuric Acid In MRT. Buttock Chao Tah, Skin Graft Required.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: Woman Sat On Sulfuric Acid In MRT. Buttock Chao Tah, Skin Graft Required.

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th March 2012 at 11:45 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: Woman Sat On Sulfuric Acid In MRT. Buttock Chao Tah, Skin Graft Required.

huh got people so stupid seat wet still sit?

how zhun is this source

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    huh got people so stupid seat wet still sit?

how zhun is this source

The source cited is Lianhe Wanbao, a daily SPH evening news publication in mandarin.

Anyway if the seat is slightly wet, I really wouldn't mind sitting on it. Must think twice about that now.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th March 2012 at 11:55 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Where are all the eye witnesses who saw the person pouring the liquid on the MRT seat?

It is an anti-social act. Maybe a prank. An expression of someone's unhappiness with society.

The acid was not concentrated or else she would not have been able to alight, walk to the toilet and examine herself.

Dan it....this is really serious....I agree this is as good as terrorist act and we must be vigilant....with so many cameras on board....hope the authority can nail the basket asap.....send him cane and jail jialat jialat

sulfuric acid wont melt the plastic meh?

how come lianhe wanbao news always so happening. Sometimes they got stories no other papers have.

INTERESTING.

sulfuric acid wont melt the plastic meh?
    Some are more resistant and react less to a certain extent. Doesn't mean it can chew a hole through metal, it will do the same for other materials.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

how come lianhe wanbao news always so happening. Sometimes they got stories no other papers have.

INTERESTING.
    here's a theory:

perhaps they make up their own news.

or they set people up!

why would they do that?

remember the culprit from Hong Kong ..

smell danger.....

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Where are all the eye witnesses who saw the person pouring the liquid on the MRT seat?

It is an anti-social act. Maybe a prank. An expression of someone's unhappiness with society.

The acid was not concentrated or else she would not have been able to alight, walk to the toilet and examine herself.
    I suspect it may be accidentally spilled on the seat by another passenger, who bought a bottle of cleaning solution ( acidic ).

OR

The woman may have some sulphur powder on her pants, when mix with water, become acid.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

I had my serious doubts on the authencity of this incident.
    1st, shouldn't the plastic seats react in some way to the said concentrated sulphuric acid?
    2nd, those who had take MRT frequently knows that once there is an empty seat, wouldn't another person sat on it? So if this is true, I don't think only the woman will be burnt. There should be at least a couple more victims.
    3rd, this is a serious prank/attack. Why hasn't any of the other major news agency reported this yet? And has anyone actually seen this report on the Wanbao as mentioned?
    4th, if there is really a pool of water seen on the seat, will the woman sat on it in the 1st place?

I suspect this is more like an April Fool's joke.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I had my serious doubts on the authencity of this incident.
    1st, shouldn't the plastic seats react in some way to the said concentrated sulphuric acid?
    2nd, those who had take MRT frequently knows that once there is an empty seat, wouldn't another person sat on it? So if this is true, I don't think only the woman will be burnt. There should be at least a couple more victims.
    3rd, this is a serious prank/attack. Why hasn't any of the other major news agency reported this yet? And has anyone actually seen this report on the Wanbao as mentioned?
    4th, if there is really a pool of water seen on the seat, will the woman sat on it in the 1st place?

I suspect this is more like an April Fool's joke.....
    1) Do you know the cleaning solution for toilet bowl is acidic and the container is made of plastic ?
    2) Not everyone want to sit on a "wet" seat ( except for this woman )
    Last time, I saw a woman's baby urine on seat. So I don't sit on "wet" seat.
    3) Wanbao is a major news agency
    4) Obviously she is desperate enough to sit on it ( may be she stand for too long and thought the liquid on seat is just plain water )
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    The woman may have some sulphur powder on her pants, when mix with water, become acid.
    sulfur plus water does not give one sulphuric acid... sulphuric acid is formed mainly from processing sulphur trioxide (SO3, a gas at room temp) to sulphuric acid (H2SO4), or directly from sulphur dioxide (SO2, also a gas at room temp) reacting to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)...

I am quite surprised that she sat there for a long enough period to allow such an extensive burn... the pain would have been excruciating ...

and this is coming from a person who has had personal experience with minor superficial acid burns while handling battery acid (that healed completely and did not leave a mark )...

today straits time got. lol

i still think this is a load of crap.

maybe she got from somewhere else the burn wanna claim from smrt or some insurance scam.

Another possibility is that she apply some skin care product on her butt or some fat removal cream to make butt smaller

But the cream may be some harmful chemical sold by scammer. The chemical reaction start when she have contact with water.

"burn off fat" become "burn off skin"

There are many similar cases like this involving fake beauty product
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 28th March 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Most of the time it is very difficult to see ppl giving up their precious seats for old ppl, physically challenged ppl or parents carrying a baby.
    guess this lady wasn't going to give up her seats for some pain till its too much for her to bear.

Just a quick note....

Police CSI (not sure what is S'pore's version called) team was at MRT's Bishan Depot this morning... photographing every cleaning chemical used by cleaner inside the storeroom. Saw them myself when I was there. Think a full investigation is on the way....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast