Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D800: Mind freaking blowing details

Default Re: D800: Mind freaking blowing details

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    i'm more interested in what the D800 can give me when i upgraded.
    Sure. My point remains that one should not be over-awed by the "amazing amount of detail that the D800 captures".

That is an overstatement, in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    how about sharing your finding and research? i guess you have access to both cameras to do the test.
    Oh? So online sample images mean nothing? In this case, going by your logic, there is no reason to believe any links posted until you get the camera yourself.

Like I said earlier already, one makes a conscious choice on what to believe. I guess I have stirred up enough feelings here by questioning the amazing powers of the D800 (how could I? Sacrilege! Burn him at the stake!), time to exit since as one rightfully points out, this is a Nikon forum.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 28th March 2012 at 01:33 PM.

common, everyone has their own opinion on "Mind freaking blowing"... no need to get too agitated there, we are all waiting to try it out ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Oh? So online sample images mean nothing? In this case, going by your logic, there is no reason to believe any links posted until you get the camera yourself.

Like I said earlier already, one makes a conscious choice on what to believe. I guess I have stirred up enough feelings here by questioning the amazing powers of the D800 (how could I? Sacrilege! Burn him at the stake!), time to exit since as one rightfully points out, this is a Nikon forum.
    Wow... if you had wanted to make a fair comparison then why not state equal image examples from this website: Nikon D800 Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review and not compare http://www.bezergheanu.com/Other/Tes.../O/LAN1776.jpg, which looks pretty normal without any/too much post processing against A Few Portraits Aaron Blumenshine, which is overly post processed to the point you can't differentiate what was straight from camera and what detail was brought out by the 'fashion/portrait' post processing. Are we still comparing cameras or discussing how photoshop enhances detail?

Essentially this thread is about how detailed the photos from the D800 is, and not about comparing how the D800's detail capture fares against other cameras. This is a big difference which you seem to ignore just so to make your point. Since you are the only one here with that opinion why don't you start your own thread and not crash and disrespect TS.

If I were more hot & bothered by your behaviour I wouldn't hesitate to report you for flame baiting. Luckily for me I'm not so will defer actions to TS. However a big negative mark to my opinion towards you as a fellow member.
    Last edited by foxtwo; 28th March 2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

don't understand why you jump to conclusion that i am disregarding online images..

for me, i am just curious about both lastest offering.. that's all.. even though i doubt i will buy either one

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

If you zoom into the eyes, you can see the reflection of the photographer quite clearly. D300s can?
    What if i tell ud80 can!

Infact any point and shoot can.

All depends where the lght source is and where the model is looking

Eyes are a reflective surface so simple laws of physics.

ofcourse your focusing. Shutter speed quality of lens all play a part.

My question is so what if u can see the photog?
    Last edited by knight84; 28th March 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knight84 View Post
    What if i tell ud80 can!

Look at the quality of the reflection.

Anyway, just like the other guy: if you think no big deal, so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by knight84 View Post
    What if i tell ud80 can!

LOL I think you totally missed the point here
    the point wasn't about able to see the photog from the subject's eye
    but the ability to capture details in an amazing way that even the smallest details in the image can be easily discerned
    yes, many inferior cameras can see the reflection of the photog in the subject's eye, but none come close to the ability of the D800
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7250/7...80d9e9f2_o.jpg
    look at that, how small that eye was in the image, and it's shot with 200mm focal length at f/2.8, the photog was long distance away!!!
    yet, how much detail there is in the bird's eye that you could easily spot the photog
    would you able to replicate that with any of those cameras you mention?
    the point was never about seeing things in subject's eye, but the incredible ability of the sensor to capture details that was only common to the medium format

no matter how good D800 is i don think i would buy it within months , i will definately buy it but i am just Fishing pissed off by the price nikon sg offer... just freaking buy in usa or india .... seriously 4488... convert usd = 3550usd alr

Quote Originally Posted by zcw123 View Post
    no matter how good D800 is i don think i would buy it within months , i will definately buy it but i am just Fishing pissed off by the price nikon sg offer... just freaking buy in usa or india .... seriously 4488... convert usd = 3550usd alr
    Got it at a few bucks over 3k USD + GST. No where near RRP.
    Macro Photography in SG - http://sgmacro.blogspot.com | Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sgmacro

Quote Originally Posted by loboclerk

Got it at a few bucks over 3k USD + GST. No where near RRP.
    You'll be receiving a lot of PMs
    Exploring! :)

Uncle Fai hit top form lately....so many D800 thread

WOW I am blown away! really wonderful details! does anyone know wad lens was used and F? sorry i no exif viewer installed!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Uncle Fai hit top form lately....so many D800 thread
    Eat full too free.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post

Essentially this thread is about how detailed the photos from the D800 is, and not about comparing how the D800's detail capture fares against other cameras. This is a big difference which you seem to ignore just so to make your point. Since you are the only one here with that opinion why don't you start your own thread and not crash and disrespect TS.

If I were more hot & bothered by your behaviour I wouldn't hesitate to report you for flame baiting. Luckily for me I'm not so will defer actions to TS. However a big negative mark to my opinion towards you as a fellow member.
    Please clarify how expressing an opinion on the title of a thread fast forwards to "crash and disrespect TS". To put it in perspective, if I start a thread titled "This Birthday Cake: Mind freaking blowing Large", and I link it to a picture of a cake the size of say, a 28" computer monitor - and someone else states their opinion that the cake isn't large; or posts what they feel to be comparisons of other similar cakes to indicate that the cake isn't "mind freaking blowing large"... You would get hot and bothered? I know I won't, but to each his own I guess. Maybe there's just something about cameras?

Cheers.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 29th March 2012 at 12:33 AM.

It is mind blowing. Definitely. Clearly. Thank you for sharing this image.
    Everyone expressing negative opinions here simply can't see
    Case closed

I read about lens capability used on the D800. Current lenses might not be good enough to be use on the D800 ?

I also read that in order to achieve the type of sharpness, those people who got not so stable hand need to increase the shutter by 1 or 2 stop more due to the high resolution ?

But let's wait a while for the price to come down. $4488 is really on the extreme high side for a hobbyist...........................

Anyone managed to chance upon a detail lowlight photo say indoor , evening shoot without lens? The compromise on 4FPS is as though hoping over to 5DMK2. I do hope the ISO would be better than D700 or even D3s. Seen DXO's review that ISO is between the 2 but ... I want to be convinced !!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by scubanel View Post
    Anyone managed to chance upon a detail lowlight photo say indoor , evening shoot without lens? The compromise on 4FPS is as though hoping over to 5DMK2. I do hope the ISO would be better than D700 or even D3s. Seen DXO's review that ISO is between the 2 but ... I want to be convinced !!! :-)
    why u no speak English????!!

Quote Originally Posted by scubanel View Post
    evening shoot without lens?... I want to be convinced !!! :-)
    How to shoot without lens?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast