Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: MO - Whats the intention behind it?

  1. #21

    Lightbulb

    Sykestang, small typo, the group called 'Nikon Users Group'.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Erm... mods? Can bring in da lock?

    I'm not sure what da entire fuss is about, but if its some personal vendetta against 2 regular MOers I dun think it shld be carried out here.

    Like I'd always said (and believed), want to settle it, come out meet for kopi and tok over it like a man amicably, dun do 1 thing here and den do another thing there.

  3. #23
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    For my pt of view , i would do the same like espn. Stylus C34 may only see one side of the story but din see the other , so can't blame him too . The world's like that only see the good things done but not the bad . Sigh ...... well, looks like his pathetic sympathy farewell was quite successful hahah wat a loser .....

  4. #24

    Default

    Guys,

    Just for the record, I created this thread to level set some expectations on MO thats all. I didnt expect this to turn into a personal agenda.

    I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

    I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

    Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.

    Anyway Chirstmas is just round the corner thus take it easy and let life leads its own way. To hold on to things too tight is not gonna do you any good and may cause unneccessary harm.

    Merry Chirstmas!

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgoh
    Guys,

    Just for the record, I created this thread to level set some expectations on MO thats all. I didnt expect this to turn into a personal agenda.

    I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

    I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

    Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.

    Anyway Chirstmas is just round the corner thus take it easy and let life leads its own way. To hold on to things too tight is not gonna do you any good and may cause unneccessary harm.

    Merry Chirstmas!
    Ho ho ho....

    Merry Christmas...

    HO.. HO... ho.....

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    Maybe you should follow up the recent Mayonaise case before posting in here to create more unhappiness among members here.

    Here are all his threads:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104881

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104745

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=105975

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104990

    If I don't remember wrongly, there are another 2 more threads that was locked by the moderators in the Buy & Sell Forum.

    ...
    To be frank, I'm not interested in what happen between the 2 of them. I'm refering to basically that statement.

    How's 1 going to stop another from bringing in some stocks to SG? Is that statement suppose to be a joke? Or a pure silly remark? It's an open forum, think twice before posting some remarks that'll kick others off.

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    Stylus C345678 has been like that. Hiding all along, with a strong dash of sarcasm, and dry wit.
    And what's that gotta do with you? Your posting has got nothing to do with this thread except to stir up more flames. Nice try.

    BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.


  7. #27
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Often, those pple who organize mass order don't read the guidelines. When it does get locked, they blame the authorities.

    Fiery exchange of word in the public, half a side of story was told.. the other side seem to be gone with the wind~~

    Perhaps, the mass ordering need to revamped further.
    1) Deletion/Locking of thread will send a email/pm to the thread starter.. *auto reply* and direct them to read the guidelines.....

    There pro and cons..but sometimes people do like to live in controlled environment....

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    Often, those pple who organize mass order don't read the guidelines. When it does get locked, they blame the authorities.

    Fiery exchange of word in the public, half a side of story was told.. the other side seem to be gone with the wind~~

    Perhaps, the mass ordering need to revamped further.
    1) Deletion/Locking of thread will send a email/pm to the thread starter.. *auto reply* and direct them to read the guidelines.....

    There pro and cons..but sometimes people do like to live in controlled environment....
    Oi! Most of the time I did that "auto reply" thing!!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Lets all shake hands and enjoy the festive season, let all unhappiness be bygones. Time to lock the thread?

    Merry Christmas!

  10. #30
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Oi! Most of the time I did that "auto reply" thing!!

    To relieve your added burden~~ a script to be written..~~ not human intervention of auto reply..

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    To relieve your added burden~~ a script to be written..~~ not human intervention of auto reply..

    That sounds good...

    But it's gonna be tough, cos most of the time, we see human, talk human, see ghost, talk ghost, every reply is different.


  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgoh
    I would appreciate if you guys comes in and give suggestion on how to improve MO to avoid conflicts, i think it will be a better way of spending time here then to go all out personal just cos of some remarks.

    I think a better way to do this is still to take it off line with the person you have an issue with and lets not degenerate the thread. Airing your personal agenda in the fourm is not gonna get you anywhere. Still to each and every individual.

    Take this will a pinch of salt, just think abt it, the words you choose to use here will reflect on your individual character. Be it if you mean it or not.
    Very well said. Looking at some of the comments posted here, it is really scary to be friends of these pple. You need to extremely with your words else you might end up been beaten up.

    I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future. Sometimes when I visit some retail outlet, I heard pple saying "you must give me a good discount cos I always bring my friends to your shop" and stuff like that. See my point.

    Of course there are some really good MO because the organizers themselves need the item and hope to get better rates through bulk order. Those are really commendable.

    Since this is not commerical forum, profit making through MO should be minimal and discouraged even for the admins themselves.

  13. #33
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    To JeffGoh, I apologize for my misbehaviour and OT in your thread as I was targetted by Stylus_C34, I didn't want to reply or say anything but I had to be targetted. At least there was snide remarks or crude accusations.



    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    Lastly from my understanding from ESPN after the whole issue, Mayonaise also PM espn with some absurd questioning, remarks picking a fight with him, maybe espn would like to share it further.
    Issue has been over I don't wish to dig it up anymore, but I do hope people can think before talking and if want to quote, quote me openly, I take it as a chance for me to clear the air and not to fight.






    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    And to add to the general rules of the thumb, I think it's okay if the MO organiser makes a token sum to cover transport and time.
    I'm pretty fine with not earning, but some people take it for granted we OWE them the items. It's pretty sad, till now even though I'm very tired and sick of the da Protectors MO, I just do it because I can help and as a form of reciprocity for the community I grew up in. Too hard?







    Quote Originally Posted by xmen2003
    Very well said. Looking at some of the comments posted here, it is really scary to be friends of these pple. You need to extremely with your words else you might end up been beaten up.


    I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future. Sometimes when I visit some retail outlet, I heard pple saying "you must give me a good discount cos I always bring my friends to your shop" and stuff like that. See my point.
    And as again, Nikon sponsors most of the Nikon outings/CS outings out of goodwill, ANYBODY with a good reason/itinerary can approach Nikon for loan of items.

    I managed to T-Loan the items because I'm a NPS member and I approached Nikon in the right manner of writing in and requesting for support given that it's a D70 outing, I followed the right hirerachy up.

    Nikon generously offered the items to me. I also had a form to sign to signify that the items were on loan to me and I'm responsible for the items. I don't just walk into Shriro House, open their stock cabinets and take the stuffs dude, I'm responsible for the items

    If you're a working professional in the photography field, you can also approach Nikon for loan if items for reviewing BEFORE purchasing, this is how Nikon cares for their consumers, you don't need to be in Nikon's good books to do all these. The loans are free btw. Ask willyfoo on his 200 f/2VR.

    Just FYI, they even apologized when the 17-55/17-35, D2H was on loan and unable to loan it to me. It has nothing to do with me getting into good books of anybody.

    It might work in business and society, but Nikon has always maintained a neutrality in this forums. Nikon has NOTHING to do with me apart from me being their consumer.

    I hope this clears up the "I think the direct benefit of some MO need not be $$. Some can get free equipment loans easily becos they are now in the "good books" of the supplier/manufacturer or even special discount for their own purchase in future."

    Beating up and fighting are for brawny people. We're all adults, nothing can't be fixed via talking.
    Last edited by espn; 20th December 2004 at 10:15 AM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.

    I'm not sure what's it abt ur philosophy, but when things become so serious until scold father, scold mother in forum den plain normal flaming, might as well come out to clear the air like a man.

    If both parties got nothing to hide on their own conscience, no point hiding behind a monitor.

    A little OT, but my 2 cents on it.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    And what's that gotta do with you? Your posting has got nothing to do with this thread except to stir up more flames. Nice try.
    It's christmans soon dude, where's ur heart for forgiveness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    BTW, I'll rather hide behind the monitor then doing things too openly, especially like the way you scold your daddy left right in .. a public forum.
    Doing tis in a public forum will do you nothing but depreciation of your personality. If you DO Have some ISSUES with some of the CS members, meet up, talk over it, and if even proximity is a problem, give a phone call... words are always a poor means of communication when emotions are brought in...

    Merry Christmas to everyone... and may everyone have a merry berry holiday...

  16. #36
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I'm not sure what's it abt ur philosophy, but when things become so serious until scold father, scold mother in forum den plain normal flaming, might as well come out to clear the air like a man.
    If both parties got nothing to hide on their own conscience, no point hiding behind a monitor.
    A little OT, but my 2 cents on it.
    Totally agree with jsbn and RossChang, it is better to clarify issue than hidding behind.
    At least, Espn and Sykestang are using their original nickname and are not hiding.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  17. #37

    Default

    Gentlemen,

    I think this thread has no longer served itís purpose. I do not wish to let this thread degenerate further anymore. I will be locking it.

    Again this is a sad thing to see people getting OT in threads which are trying to make CS a better place for all to stay but instead tuning it to a focus of a personal vendetta.

    Good Day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •