Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 211

Thread: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

  1. #81

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    10 JUNE 2012

    Decided to do a personal video test on frames per second. See the difference.

    Video Unplayable

    60fps seems to have less motion blur, what do you think?

  2. #82

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    frozentomtom>>> You are right but if you were to slow mo, the motion blur is really blur because I was shooting at 1/125 shutter speed. Unless, I am shooting at 1/2000 or 1/4000 then, the motion blur is minimized.

    Bro, in my humble opinion, shooting 24p does not really mean it is the film look or cinematic look. Cinematic look or film look is all about story telling. Back those days, motion pictures are shot in 24p and that's what were available back then.

  3. #83

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> Sorry. My bad my bad. My contrast and saturation is all the way to the left. And for the Marvel Low picture style, I have never try.
    Bro Daniyal,

    You use the same setting for both indoor and outdoor video shooting? any issues with inconsistent colour when under the sun or indoor lighting?

    There are many good reviews on Marvel Cine and Technicolor Cinestyle, thought you may be interested. But the video is flat, so I wonder how to check for correct exposure when preview the clip from the camera LCD screen.

  4. #84

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> You are right but if you were to slow mo, the motion blur is really blur because I was shooting at 1/125 shutter speed. Unless, I am shooting at 1/2000 or 1/4000 then, the motion blur is minimized.

    Bro, in my humble opinion, shooting 24p does not really mean it is the film look or cinematic look. Cinematic look or film look is all about story telling. Back those days, motion pictures are shot in 24p and that's what were available back then.

    Bro Daniyal,

    Read from a article that the movie industry prefer 24fps over 60fps, reasons is to save on films, if they use 60fps for the entire movie, they would use up more films. Hence 60fps is normally used for slow mo only.

  5. #85
    Member pettypoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by frozentomtom View Post
    Bro Daniyal,

    Read from a article that the movie industry prefer 24fps over 60fps, reasons is to save on films, if they use 60fps for the entire movie, they would use up more films. Hence 60fps is normally used for slow mo only.
    hmm ... sounds very logical =) ... i've always wondered why also, maybe cost is the primary reason

  6. #86

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    frozentomtom>>> Good point Bro. I concur with PettyPoh. Anyway, I will be installing Magic Lantern in July. Reason, I do not want anything to happen to my camera because I have a video shoot in 2 weeks time. I will get back to you with the reviews. I use different white balance for both indoor or outdoor.
    Last edited by daniyal; 11th June 2012 at 06:30 PM.

  7. #87

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> Good point Bro. I concur with PettyPoh. Anyway, I will be installing Magic Lantern in July. Reason, I do not want anything to happen to my camera because I have a video shoot in 2 weeks time. I will get back to you with the reviews. I use different white balance for both indoor or outdoor.

    Bro Daniyal,

    Writeups on Marvel Cine, Technicolour Cinestyle, Crooked Path Flat, Cinema Picture Profile

    Canon DSLRs: some of the best picture profiles out there | Philip Bloom
    Last edited by frozentomtom; 13th June 2012 at 12:54 AM.

  8. #88

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    frozentomtom>>> I have read those before. In my opinion, these settings are flat settings which will help you to colour grade OR in a way, you will have a lot of room to boost your image quality in post. You can do your own personal test. Try out in AWB settings, Picture style - restore to defaults. Record a couple of min video. And try to colour grade or improve the quality in post. I can bet with you, you will only have about 20-30% of room before everything is blown out. Coz I have tried those.

  9. #89

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    For video stability, would a normal monopod be able to achieve the same video result as the Manfrotto 561??

    p326

    Manfrotto 561


    Sirui P326

  10. #90

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    frozentomtom>>> A normal monopod with the Manfrotto monopod like you posted will do the same job. BUT if you are using a fluid head with a normal monopod, it will not do any justice to the fluid head.

    I believe, (I may be wrong), the Manfrotto 561, when you do a panning shot, the stick will be lock in the middle ball held by the 3 legs, which I could appreciate compared to the normal monopod. When the stick is lock in the middle, you can actually let go and the monopod will stand by its own.

    Another way to look at it. Every stuffs comes with a limitation. Sometimes you got to explore the limitation instead of working around it.

    Video Unplayable
    Last edited by daniyal; 16th June 2012 at 01:43 AM.

  11. #91

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> A normal monopod with the Manfrotto monopod like you posted will do the same job. BUT if you are using a fluid head with a normal monopod, it will not do any justice to the fluid head.
    Daniyal:

    Thanks for the feedback.

    I'm looking for a low end and light fluid head suitable for travel light, which model or other models would you recommend?

    Saw a review that the Velbon PH-368 is cheap and good, but I was wondering if I use the ball head instead eg: Sirui G10, would I be able to get the smooth movement for panning and tilting?


    Velbon PH-368
    Cheap Velbon Video Fluid Head Review CheesyCam



    Sirui G10 ball head
    Welcome to Sirui Singapore - G Series

  12. #92
    Member pettypoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Frozen,

    I think my head is the Velbon ... Check tmrw then let u know

    Anyway, yes it's quite good. But i think dslr cannot be too heavy. Mine is d3100. Still works okay.

    Fluid head is good for videos. Ball head is better for photos

  13. #93

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    frozentomtom>>> I concur with pettypoh. I have the Sirui ball head. NOT GOOD for video. You need fluid head. My best bet is Weifeng 717 or Fancier 717. Same head only different name. Check out Red Dot Photo - PCshow 2012 / Nikon D3200 / nikon D800 / D800E, olympus OMD EM5, photography deals, Photography reviews, events, photography buy and sell, photography classifieds ... Going at $125.00 SGD Some videographers told me it is as close as and as good as Manfrotto 501HDV video head. It cost half of Manfrotto 501HDV. Trust me. I have checked them out.

    For the monopod issue, if you can find something similar to the Manfrotto monopod, it will be good. Cathayphoto is selling at $385.00SGD.

    I am not promoting. I am just sharing stuffs which I have checked out.

    You can buy the Manfrotto monopod and use the Weifeng or Fancier head. That will be my combo. Right now, saving up money to buy that.


  14. #94

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> I concur with pettypoh. I have the Sirui ball head. NOT GOOD for video. You need fluid head. My best bet is Weifeng 717 or Fancier 717. Same head only different name. Check out Red Dot Photo - PCshow 2012 / Nikon D3200 / nikon D800 / D800E, olympus OMD EM5, photography deals, Photography reviews, events, photography buy and sell, photography classifieds ... Going at $125.00 SGD Some videographers told me it is as close as and as good as Manfrotto 501HDV video head. It cost half of Manfrotto 501HDV. Trust me. I have checked them out.

    For the monopod issue, if you can find something similar to the Manfrotto monopod, it will be good. Cathayphoto is selling at $385.00SGD.

    I am not promoting. I am just sharing stuffs which I have checked out.

    You can buy the Manfrotto monopod and use the Weifeng or Fancier head. That will be my combo. Right now, saving up money to buy that.


    Daniyal,

    Yeah, here is a excellent review on Wei Feng 717, looks like a good fluid head. But they got two versions, Weifeng 717AH and Weifeng 717H, for a normal camera tripod like Slik Pro 330 DX or Sirui N-1004, should I be getting the Weifeng 717 AH??

    Weifeng 717AH and Weifeng 717H
    http://www.***********.com.sg/forums...hlight=weifeng

    Slik Pro 330 DX


    Sirui N-1004





    Last edited by frozentomtom; 17th June 2012 at 01:42 AM.

  15. #95

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by pettypoh View Post
    Frozen,

    I think my head is the Velbon ... Check tmrw then let u know

    Anyway, yes it's quite good. But i think dslr cannot be too heavy. Mine is d3100. Still works okay.

    Fluid head is good for videos. Ball head is better for photos
    Pettypoh,

    Thanks, looking forward to your feedback on this Velbon. Thinking to get it from Ebay, where did you get yours?

    BTW, mine is a Slik Pro 330 DX tripod, I can attach the Velbon to it, right?


  16. #96
    Member pettypoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    my fluid head came fixed on the tripod, velbon c-600, bought about 1 year back, i think during one of the pc shows, cost around $100 or $100 something for the whole set

  17. #97

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyal View Post
    frozentomtom>>> I concur with pettypoh. I have the Sirui ball head. NOT GOOD for video. You need fluid head. My best bet is Weifeng 717 or Fancier 717. Same head only different name. Check out Red Dot Photo - PCshow 2012 / Nikon D3200 / nikon D800 / D800E, olympus OMD EM5, photography deals, Photography reviews, events, photography buy and sell, photography classifieds ... Going at $125.00 SGD Some videographers told me it is as close as and as good as Manfrotto 501HDV video head. It cost half of Manfrotto 501HDV. Trust me. I have checked them out.

    For the monopod issue, if you can find something similar to the Manfrotto monopod, it will be good. Cathayphoto is selling at $385.00SGD.

    I am not promoting. I am just sharing stuffs which I have checked out.

    You can buy the Manfrotto monopod and use the Weifeng or Fancier head. That will be my combo. Right now, saving up money to buy that.

    Daniyal,


    $385 is for the Manfrotto 561 monopod leg alone or Manfrotto 561 leg + Manfrotto 501HDV head?


    For travelling, I'm thinking to get the Weifeng 717 head but I can't decide whether to get Sirui monopod or Sirui tripod, what do you recommend?


    For panning and tilting, how useful is the Manfrotto's retractable feet, I wonder would we get shaky clip if we use Weifeng 717 head on a normal Sirui monopod?
    Last edited by frozentomtom; 18th June 2012 at 01:03 PM.

  18. #98

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Quote Originally Posted by pettypoh View Post
    my fluid head came fixed on the tripod, velbon c-600, bought about 1 year back, i think during one of the pc shows, cost around $100 or $100 something for the whole set
    Pettypoh,

    When attached to tripod or monopod, do we need to switch off the image stabliser? The manual states that when taking still photos, the IS needs to be switched off when mounted on the tripod, but the same goes for movie mode too?
    Last edited by frozentomtom; 18th June 2012 at 05:29 PM.

  19. #99
    Member pettypoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    hmm ... usually when i use tripod, i'm shooting with wide angle (don't have IS) but when I shoot kit lens (with IS), it's handheld =D

    i think it should be okay to use IS for video (on tripod) coz it's not a "shutter action" which could cause the lens/camera to vibrate (like taking photos)

  20. #100

    Default Re: My Videos - Learng and Making Them

    Check this out, Korean carbon monopod going for $75 and it weighs only 385g. Very tempting to get this one than Sirui P306.

    HorusBennu MP-5500CX DSLR Camera Monopod Carbon (57") | eBay


    Last edited by frozentomtom; 18th June 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •