Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Operated Fog machine

Default Battery Operated Fog machine

Hi guys, anywhere i can rent or buy battery operated fog machine? Came across some but they are above $800+!

I was thinking of this combination:

Decent power plugged fog machine - Eliminator E 119 Fog Machine (120VAC) E-119 B&H Photo Video

AND

Portable power source - Goal0 - Escape Scout 150 Power Pack (220V)

Is this setup ideal? It's cheaper in a way but is it good enough? Any thoughts?

Default Re: Battery Operated Fog machine

Dry ice, water and an old-fashion fan.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

The reason i don't want to use the dry ice method is because of the portability. I have too much to carry and i don't want to burden my hands with extra stuff i need to carry. The fog machine along with the portable power source can fit inside my backpack nicely. I'm doing a half outdoor shoot. Large space. May require large blockage of ice which definitely isn't ideal for me

Wow u mean that machine is powerful enough for outdoor condition? wont get disperse by the wind?

Blog Entries

Just buy a china brand one.. it aint rocket science...

I'll pick a day where there is hardly any wind. If there is i'll keep pumping. As i said it's a "half outdoor" shoot. Hard to come by china brands. Believe me i've googled through numerous pages and found nothing. Looks like china don't like fog machines that well..

I've came across this thing called fog in a can. Any idea how good this is? Fantasy FX Professional Haze in a Can 8oz. aka Fog-in-a-can Diffusion in a Can (Ships By Ground Only) - Filmtools

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    I'll pick a day where there is hardly any wind. If there is i'll keep pumping. As i said it's a "half outdoor" shoot. Hard to come by china brands. Believe me i've googled through numerous pages and found nothing. Looks like china don't like fog machines that well..

I've came across this thing called fog in a can. Any idea how good this is? Fantasy FX Professional Haze in a Can 8oz. aka Fog-in-a-can Diffusion in a Can (Ships By Ground Only) - Filmtools

I did some research not long ago.

I did find some pesticide spray thing shaped like a guy that you can put the fog solution into, but after that i stopped my research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    I did some research not long ago.

I did find some pesticide spray thing shaped like a guy that you can put the fog solution into, but after that i stopped my research on it.
    There is another thread about portable fog machines and you posted a picture of the pesticide thing. That could work well but i'm afraid that the machine only detects pesticide solutions and not fog ones.

This one might work. pour out the pesticide liquid, wash and replace it with fog solutions.

Amazon.com: Mosq Out Insect Fogger, Cannot Ship To All States...: Pet Supplies

There is another thread about portable fog machines and you posted a picture of the pesticide thing. That could work well but i'm afraid that the machine only detects pesticide solutions and not fog ones.

This one might work. pour out the pesticide liquid, wash and replace it with fog solutions.

Amazon.com: Mosq Out Insect Fogger, Cannot Ship To All States...: Pet Supplies

yea i never follow up. lol.

I am now taking into consideration of doing this method. Cost less than a 100 bucks. Might as well try, if it works then we'll have a real budget fog machine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz

Hmmm i know where to get them cheap but not locally.

I am now taking into consideration of doing this method. Cost less than a 100 bucks. Might as well try, if it works then we'll have a real budget fog machine
    hmm let me know man.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hmmm i know where to get them cheap but not locally.
    Able to PM me the link or place? Is it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaid Cocoa Puffs View Post
    already did afew days ago. They have affordable fog machines but are cabled. They sell battery operated ones, costs $799

Oh. Sounds as expensive as strobist ;/

conceptsmoke.com

Experts in smoke machines (they dont advertise themselves as "specail effects" but are the best) they do a battery opperated machine called the B1 / but also have a Colt range that are portable handheld and dont rely on a power source once heated up. They can run off power for upto 10mins then take only 2 minutes to warm up (charge) then ready to use again.

facebook.com/conceptsmoke youtube.com/conceptsmoke

already did afew days ago. They have affordable fog machines but are cabled. They sell battery operated ones, costs $799

PM me also !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by and810 View Post
    conceptsmoke.com

Experts in smoke machines (they dont advertise themselves as "specail effects" but are the best) they do a battery opperated machine called the B1 / but also have a Colt range that are portable handheld and dont rely on a power source once heated up. They can run off power for upto 10mins then take only 2 minutes to warm up (charge) then ready to use again.

facebook.com/conceptsmoke youtube.com/conceptsmoke
    Thanks for the information but i don't think i ship to singapore and it does looks expensive. Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    PM me also !! lol
    haha but i think the pesticide method should work. I shall try it in a couple of weeks time

Blog Entries

Not online. I used to buy from a few stores in China who sell stage equipment. They have everything from disco lights to fog machine to bubble machine..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast