Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worth the upgrade from a 60D to 7D?

Default Re: Worth the upgrade from a 60D to 7D?

Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Well, TS has made his choice since he is a believer in technology and indeed 7d is a better camera but he still have to develope
    his artistic sensibility and learn to see light in it's various forms and manipulate it to his photographic vision.I think it is all for the better
    as he cannot blame the camera's inadequatecy anymore.You get what you pay for,there's no right or wrong.
    we might see a thread on worth the upgrade from 7D to 5DMk2/3?

Quote Originally Posted by konstrain View Post
    we might see a thread on worth the upgrade from 7D to 5DMk2/3?
    The basics or fundamentals still apply.

the only fault with the 7D it's 1.6x sensor. if it's 1.3x it would be a worth upgrade.
    Dedicated EOS user.

Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Well, TS has made his choice since he is a believer in technology and indeed 7d is a better camera but he still have to develope
    his artistic sensibility and learn to see light in it's various forms and manipulate it to his photographic vision.I think it is all for the better
    as he cannot blame the camera's inadequatecy anymore.You get what you pay for,there's no right or wrong.
    if technology is the factor, 5D3 is probably what he should aim for or 1D4 for the frame rate.

in any case, if TS is not shooting action/sports, upgrading from 60D to 7D is silly to me (even if it's after a "better", higher-in-the-line camera). both are crop. should have went the latest FF.

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare

if technology is the factor, 5D3 is probably what he should aim for or 1D4 for the frame rate.

in any case, if TS is not shooting action/sports, upgrading from 60D to 7D is silly to me (even if it's after a "better", higher-in-the-line camera). both are crop. should have went the latest FF.
    I am thinking budget might be a factor. 60D used -> 7D used might only be two to three hundred dollars difference, while a 5Dmk2 used is about 1k difference.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Cough cough... Another one month old 60D user here who had the same thought as you to upgrade to 7D.
    Eventually, I start to learn the philosophy of lighting in photography. And my favorite photos are night photography and street photography, so I am thinking faster IQ Len and bigger AP lens would suit my tast the most. Looking at all time favorite cropped Len sensor Canon 17-55mm F2.8 to give me a better photography result especially At night photography.

You might be impressed with the weather sealed of 7D body, eventually you would think of another weather sealed L Lens. But it is defeating the purpose because it is a cropped sensor body. And spend lot $$$

Well, think of upgrading lens instead of another cropped sensor body

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12