It can be a jungle out there if you're dating. How can you tell the gems from the duds? How can you tell if he's got staying power? We give you six profiles of men to avoid and turn down -- no matter how hard they beg for a date.
1. The Casanova: Whether he's plain good-looking or a diamond in the rough, there's something about him that makes women swoon. He knows how to treat women like gold because he honestly loves them - all of them - too much.
Attraction: He knows how to compliment, woo and touch to thrill. He'll make you feel like a million dollars.
Why you should avoid him: He loves all women - sometimes several at the same time. He uses the same routine on every woman he meets and sometimes he forgets your name because he cannot keep track of who's who.
2. The Fashion Nazi: He's very well-dressed - Gucci, Prada, Jil Sander - you name it, he's clad from head to toe in it! He's also super confident and knows the latest fashion trends.
Attraction: Slick turtlenecks, flat-front chinos, fashionable belts and cool shoes.
Why you should avoid him: He dresses better than you - his wardrobe will make yours look pathetic by comparison. He's also constantly telling you to dress better. What's worst is that he's a bigger shopper than you!
3. The Mummy's Boy: He's sweet, soft-spoken and seems to be intuitive to your needs. He lives at home and probably has a bit of belly from his mother's home-cooked meals.
Attraction: He knows how to treat a woman because his mother has taught him well. He will watch chick flicks with you, discuss your wardrobe in detail and listen to you whinge and whine about your problems.
Why you should avoid him: He listens to his mother - all the time - and worships the ground that she walks on. He will tell you that you're the woman his mother's always dreamed of. He also has no qualms about bringing her along on your first date.
4. The Dumb Jock: He's hunky, tough and always up for a spontaneous game of football. He can be a sweet guy but he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. He also likes to wear his baseball cap back-to-front.
Attraction: Those abs, pecs and gluten maximus - need we go on?
Why you should avoid him: He spends hours buffing up his body at the gym but he also spends hours gazing at his reflection in the mirror, in store windows and on the back of a spoon. He watches sports on TV constantly, even during sex
5. The Workaholic: He's a high-profile high-flier. He's smart, ambitious, impeccably dressed and completely unavailable (unless you're a CEO negotiating a corporate merger with him). In any given situation, you'll know who's the boss - HIM! He's very take-charge about everything in life and he leaves nothing to fate.
Attraction: He's dapper, charming, and super-duper successful. He always seems to know what to do in any situation so you will always feel secure with him. What's really there not to love about him?
Why you should avoid him: He's never around for you. He'll break dates -- usually at the last minute -- because he has to take over a company in London, Hong Kong or New York. You will also end up getting close to his personal assistant because you speak to her more often than to him.
6. The Hippie Poet: The hippie poet is passionate and idealistic. He's a dreamer with a penchant for sprouting purple prose. He is most probably a vegetarian and employed by a non-profit organization.
Attraction: He is enraptured by you and has no problems expressing himself, especially through poetry. He is in touch with his feminine side and is not afraid to cry.
Why you should avoid him: He's always broke so you will always end up having to pick up the tab - for the both of you! Don't expect any fancy gifts from him because consumerism goes against his principles. He is also very emotional - crying when his pet cactus dies or when you have a fight.