Thread: Different Types of Film

newtboy
    Guests

Default Different Types of Film

I have heard of different types of film out there which supposedly perform better than the normal film we can get at anyplace e.g the fuji velvia 100.

would like to ask if there are any good recommendations of any of this particular type of film to look out for, and what are their special effects? (i heard velvia 100 gives more saturated colours, true?)

Default Re: Different Types of Film

Originally posted by newtboy
    I have heard of different types of film out there which supposedly perform better than the normal film we can get at anyplace e.g the fuji velvia 100.

would like to ask if there are any good recommendations of any of this particular type of film to look out for, and what are their special effects? (i heard velvia 100 gives more saturated colours, true?)
    There is no Velvia 100, only Velvia, and that's ISO 50. Velvia gives increased colour saturation and contrast. Use Provia 100F for more neutral colours. But Provia 100F has a slight blue cast. There's a thread by Ian here which summarises some films and their characteristics, you might want to search for it.

There is no "better or worse" film, choose the one that suits what you are shooting.

Having said that, DO AVOID KODAK MAX 400, unless you want super grainy pictures more often seen on ISO 3200 film.

Regards
    CK

maybe my links will help u to understand more

Slides

Negatives
    Last edited by megaweb; 25th July 2002 at 03:13 PM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

newtboy
    Guests

yeah tell me about the Kodak Max 400, I learnt that the hard way.

thanks for the advice guys, very nifty site you have there megaweb.

Originally posted by newtboy
    yeah tell me about the Kodak Max 400, I learnt that the hard way.

thanks for the advice guys, very nifty site you have there megaweb.
    Same here... all my indoor shots look super grainy.. learn the hard way too..