Thread: How come my CS5 Actions are not automated?

Default How come my CS5 Actions are not automated?

Hi

I've just created my first action in CS5. But it does not auto load, i have to manually click enter for every step.

I've previously downloaded some actions from the net, at first can auto load, now also cannot. I wonder which button i accidentally clicked to disable it??

Please help me, thanks!

Last edited by cichlid; 25th March 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: How come my CS5 Actions are not automated?

shouldn't there be a "play" button on the bottom of the action window.

Yes, there is a play button. I just found the answer, have to uncheck the square boxes that are beside the ticks.

mmm. my action tab are all ticked also. no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    mmm. my action tab are all ticked also. no problem.
    what I believe cichlid meant was the little box to the right of the tick, not the tick...

the tick means the action is ready to use, and unticking a step within a series of actions will cause the process to skip the unticked step...

the box to the right of the tick allows one the choice to jump into a particular step to adjust the settings within the step... when we record an action, the settings within each step are also recorded, and these settings will be used as defaults whenever the action is activated... but if we want to be able to jump into a step to adjust the settings every time we run an action, checking the box to the right of the tick causes the process to go within the settings of a particular step to do the change before continuing the process of the rest of the action...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    what I believe cichlid meant was the little box to the right of the tick, not the tick...

the tick means the action is ready to use, and unticking a step within a series of actions will cause the process to skip the unticked step...

the box to the right of the tick allows one the choice to jump into a particular step to adjust the settings within the step... when we record an action, the settings within each step are also recorded, and these settings will be used as defaults whenever the action is activated... but if we want to be able to jump into a step to adjust the settings every time we run an action, checking the box to the right of the tick causes the process to go within the settings of a particular step to do the change before continuing the process of the rest of the action...
    Thanks for the explaination

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Thanks for the explaination
    +1 thanks.. learn something new everyday.