Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favourite Lense?

I like my sigma 17 50 and 10 22
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

I will prefer to have an all-in-one lens. I'm happy with my 18-200mm "basic lens".
    As mostly I prefer landscape photography and sometime some close-up shots on things.

Default Re: What is your Favourite Lense?

10-22 USM~

Quote Originally Posted by esoeij View Post
    Not sure I understand the point of this thread. Data collection to what purpose? TS did not even specify brand or system, or set any parameters...just wondering.
    TS just got a Nikon D3100. In another of TS thread he was asked what lenses will he be buying. Now he started this thread and what a mess of data that he got for himself?................ more

Actually, now that I think of it... I am quite a bit confuse... what is wrong of the kit lens that came with TS's D3100?

Many of the newbies had been rearing to 'upgrade' their lenses without even getting to know the restriction of the lenses that came with their camera body or what they really wanted and in the end, wasted thousands in getting lenses that they might not even use.

So my advise to TS is... use the lens that you have now, play with it and see what you missed. Then you know what you wanted to upgrade to... all of us here can give you lots of data... but none of us really know what you wanted... only you yourself know.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Whichever lens is already on my camera.

Seriously, I think TS should learn how to take pics with whatever lens he has now. When he already 'max out' on that, then he will have a more definitive choice of what lens he needs/wants.

My 2-cents. Cheers!
    < < Photography-On-A-Budget > >

If you are buying for own use. Pls help yourself by at least finding out and knowing what can the lens do for you.
    If you are buying the one that most people preferred or like. Then i say its really a bad choice.. Pls dont do it.
    If you are buying just to prove something or fashion statement/WOW people.. Just get the biggest/longest lens. ( You must be cash rich)

35mm f1.4

Nikkor 13mm f/5.6 Ai-S

TS a.k.a George, what is your favourite lens?
    You don't take a photograph, you make it -Ansel Adams
    450D 60D /10-22 24-105 L 70-300L 100L

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    My guess is TS has no idea what lens to get, so asking what are the most popular and Favourite lenses of others, so he won't go wrong with the lens choice.

anyway, my favourite lens is the one which makes most money for me.
    I like this answer

nikkor 17-55mm f2.8

Nikon AFS DX 35mm 1.8G (which I don't have yet)

Blog Entries

nikon 800mm f5.6
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

As usual, TS is taking the lazy path again. Just like the previous thread asking about camera .

It is an interesting thread and I guess inevitably such question will always pop up every now and then.

When I 1st started a year back, I was only looking for tele zoom that can help me shoot as far as possible. I didn't understand anything about VR or the difference of f1.8 or 3.5.

Even as I learn of the aperture, speed and ISO, I always forget to make those adjustments till it is too late. So do excuse newbies that keep asking the same questions since that seems the obvious way to learn beside taking a former course.

If one is totally new, they don't even know where to search or even if he is reading the thread, may not totally understand all the jargons. A little help from seniors here goes a long way. I have benefited from forums such as CS and others over the past 1 year.

Az of today, my wish list lens would be a 11-108 mm f1.8 lens on my DX camera. Now I live with 17-50 f2.8 and 70-300 f4.5-5.6. However, I like my AFD 50 f1.8 too.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah
    It is an interesting thread and I guess inevitably such question will always pop up every now and then.

When I 1st started a year back, I was only looking for tele zoom that can help me shoot as far as possible. I didn't understand anything about VR or the difference of f1.8 or 3.5.

Even as I learn of the aperture, speed and ISO, I always forget to make those adjustments till it is too late. So do excuse newbies that keep asking the same questions since that seems the obvious way to learn beside taking a former course.

If one is totally new, they don't even know where to search or even if he is reading the thread, may not totally understand all the jargons. A little help from seniors here goes a long way. I have benefited from forums such as CS and others over the past 1 year.

Az of today, my wish list lens would be a 11-108 mm f1.8 lens on my DX camera. Now I live with 17-50 f2.8 and 70-300 f4.5-5.6. However, I like my AFD 50 f1.8 too.

Cheers
    Agree wif u, they are just totally blank so started questions here.

my 18-55mm kit lens which I've given away.
    D7000 + 50mm

my 135mm 1.8
    Alpha and Omega

lens on ff body or cropped body??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast