Thread: failure experience: which equipment spoilt first?

Unhappy failure experience: which equipment spoilt first?

Let's share on your history of photogrpahy, which equipment u owned spoilt first?

for me, it is not actually spoilt, my first 'failure" of equipment is my Nikon SB800 when the contact is looose and it lost communication with the camera. That's my first!

Hope that other can share too so that we can learn

The first thing to fail for most photographer is the photographer!!!! That's when you took your first over/under/blur/etc photo

first failure EX550 flash and after bg-ed3 battery grip (dirty contact)

my batteries... couldn't hold a decent charge for a decent shoot out..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

:
    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    The first thing to fail for most photographer is the photographer!!!! That's when you took your first over/under/blur/etc photo
    : :

film rewind mechanism

Flashes - blown capacitor, blown bulb, and since it's a 20-year old antique, no parts!

film snaped in my sportmatic F when i wind the fim too fast. a few times? haha...meter died awhile ago no batts liao...

lenses died from fugus....bodies died of age...

EOS500N shutter died...

Sunpak SR22 flash died few years ago, got brought back to live, den died recently when i used Sanyo 2300 batts and burnt it out.

UV filters died after too many scratches and stuff...

I owned two digital cam...the only thing failed was when I drop my coolpix 800 three times and finally the battery hinge broke....but got it replace at Shiroro house at $30....otherwise Nikon cam is super robush and solid

Like most post above. The win for me is "film"

I went for a basic photography course before and the instructor told me that there is a possibility that CCD may fail while taking pic ... and he said that he very much preferred film than digital , this is one of the reasons.

dunno if it is true? like that very scary! if i take wedding pic, suddenly CCD RIP then jia lat!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    I went for a basic photography course before and the instructor told me that there is a possibility that CCD may fail while taking pic ... and he said that he very much preferred film than digital , this is one of the reasons.

dunno if it is true? like that very scary! if i take wedding pic, suddenly CCD RIP then jia lat!
    nonsense... only the electronics can fail, not the CMOS / CCD sensors. They wear out instead.

My flash's sync circuit konked out halfway through a shoot... lucky got back-up.

Regardless you use film or digital, you should have complete backup set on assignment.
    I bring 2 bodies, 2 lenses, 2 flashs, 2 battery pack and cables, few sets of battery for cameras, etc.
    I don't care what people will say I'm very KS, but it this not a excuse to tell customer your equipment fail when you are paid.

if you want to earn money from comissioning a shoot, you better have backup equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Regardless you use film or digital, you should have complete backup set on assignment.
    I bring 2 bodies, 2 lenses, 2 flashs, 2 battery pack and cables, few sets of battery for cameras, etc.
    I don't care what people will say I'm very KS, but it this not a excuse to tell customer your equipment fail when you are paid.
    yes.....very true.......everytime on a shoot-out.....i carry 2 cameras on my shoulder, one main, one back-up and one more in my bag. KS.......dun think so as i have to answer if i can't deliver the photos.