Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1022

Thread: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

  1. #201

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1ma View Post
    yup going to US west coast.

    prolly be taking quite alot a day. 500 a day i guess.

    still looking at which bag to buy. prolly have to get a backpack over sling bag.
    West cost like LA? The US isn't as bad as Europe when it comes to thefts but still the "bad" neighbourhoods are very "bad". Just stay away from those and you'll be fine. 500pix a day you're fine with the 5D3 and 1 batt i guess. Maybe 1 or 2 lenses…backpack would definately be better than sling bag BUT sling bag would be safer…so if you can fit all into a sling bag..why not.
    Actually i'm also going to East and West coast in August and i'm carrying a backpack with 3 lenses. If you haven't bought a bag yet…i'd suggest you look for a light bag vs a big versatile bag….i made that mistake when i went to europe…bought a big bag that could put ALOT of things..only problem was the moment i fit everything in, i could not carry the weight and walk all day I ended up not even using the bag when i was there…instead i carried my wife's camera bag haha…
    So ever since that, i sold off the big bad to get a smaller but very light bag…don't forget…the camera can weigh 2kg….so can an empty bag by the time you add everyting, it could get up to 7-8kg…with notebook over 10kg..that's over carry on limit…ON YOUR BACK… unless you army ranger..i think that weight will kill anyone
    Last edited by spinworkxroy; 26th March 2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Sony A7R |FE24-70F4|FE55 F1.8|SEL1018|SAL70300|A6000 kit | www.royteophotography.com

  2. #202
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Oh, so sensor format has totally no effect on flare ah. I had that thought because the 5d3 seems to be flaring more easily than the 50D I had, or maybe it is just psychological lah.
    5D III l 14/2.8 l 24/1.4L II l Σ 50/1.4 l Σ 150/2.8 macro l 28-75/2.8 l

  3. #203
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    5,420

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    hmmm.... Nikon may have a really good sensor in that D800.

    DXO mark looks at Raw sensor performance and ignores the JPEG processing by the camera body, which for me is less useful as I shoot in JPEG almost 100%.

    Ignoring what the camera can do seems like a big fallacy to me when looking at camera sensors.


    Quote Originally Posted by Far far away View Post
    Something to share! Apparently the Nikon D800 scoresthe highest DxOMark score ever. Really cannot wait to see how the 5D3 scores!

    Nikon's D800 outclasses camera rivals in sensor test | Deep Tech - CNET News
    5DIII|16-35L|Σ50|50L|135L|Σ150|Σ120-300S
    A7S|CV12II|CV15|CV35 1.2|FE35|CV50_1.5|FE55|FD85_1.2L

  4. #204
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    5,420

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    Oh, so sensor format has totally no effect on flare ah. I had that thought because the 5d3 seems to be flaring more easily than the 50D I had, or maybe it is just psychological lah.
    if The 5D3 flares more then your 50D on the same lens, it just means that light from bright sources are coming in from more angles that was previously cropped out by your 1.6 crop 50D. What may seem like a good lens with little or no flare can be a weak lens with poor flare control on the edges that is now "seen" by the full frame sensor.
    5DIII|16-35L|Σ50|50L|135L|Σ150|Σ120-300S
    A7S|CV12II|CV15|CV35 1.2|FE35|CV50_1.5|FE55|FD85_1.2L

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    for those of you on the fence, here's a short Pros n Cons review of the 5D MK III from the perspective of a wedding photojournalist

    CLICK HERE

  6. #206
    Member MechaEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ring of Fire
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Anyone knows if there is a way to have the red focus box always on when you're focusing? Right now it only flashes red in low light.

  7. #207

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaEd View Post
    Anyone knows if there is a way to have the red focus box always on when you're focusing? Right now it only flashes red in low light.
    Read the manual page 102 and 103
    Sony A7R |FE24-70F4|FE55 F1.8|SEL1018|SAL70300|A6000 kit | www.royteophotography.com

  8. #208
    Member MechaEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ring of Fire
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by spinworkxroy View Post
    Read the manual page 102 and 103
    Ahh... found it! Thanx!

  9. #209

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...n-5d-mkii.html

    dropped below the 2k point liao.. let's see how low can it go.. lol.

  10. #210

    Default

    Cool, Panic selling.
    Best time for used camera shop or dealer to "buy in". Faster sell sell sell !
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  11. #211

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    All I can say is, TOTALLY WORTH IT!
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  12. #212

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by spinworkxroy View Post
    West cost like LA? The US isn't as bad as Europe when it comes to thefts but still the "bad" neighbourhoods are very "bad". Just stay away from those and you'll be fine. 500pix a day you're fine with the 5D3 and 1 batt i guess. Maybe 1 or 2 lenses…backpack would definately be better than sling bag BUT sling bag would be safer…so if you can fit all into a sling bag..why not.
    Actually i'm also going to East and West coast in August and i'm carrying a backpack with 3 lenses. If you haven't bought a bag yet…i'd suggest you look for a light bag vs a big versatile bag….i made that mistake when i went to europe…bought a big bag that could put ALOT of things..only problem was the moment i fit everything in, i could not carry the weight and walk all day I ended up not even using the bag when i was there…instead i carried my wife's camera bag haha…
    So ever since that, i sold off the big bad to get a smaller but very light bag…don't forget…the camera can weigh 2kg….so can an empty bag by the time you add everyting, it could get up to 7-8kg…with notebook over 10kg..that's over carry on limit…ON YOUR BACK… unless you army ranger..i think that weight will kill anyone
    yup. will be going to disney, hollywood, then go las vegas, grand canyon, yosemite, california.

    i just ordered Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG along with my 2 batts and 2 cf cards to make it to just below 400sgd to avoid the gst charges >.<

    i went marina to take some pics last weekend, and the batt did lasted from afternoon till night barely.

    i have this habit of previewing my pics to check check. dont trust the metering loll

    icic thanks for the information! =P

    if i bringing my canon 500d, will prolly be taking a sigma 10-20, 28mm f1.8 and 55-250mm

    if i bringing my 5d3, will prolly be 17-40L and EF 75-300mm

    still undecided, urghhhh. i already bought 7 more third party batts for 500d (total 10 batts) way before i purchase the 5d3 >.<

    btw, anyone used the 75-300mm III USM before? the focusing seems quite loud compared to my 28mm f1.8

  13. #213
    Senior Member raydio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Has anyone tried the Canon 5D Mark III with the Sigma 12-24 Type I (or II)?

    If so, could you comment on the combination and perhaps post a few photos?

  14. #214

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1ma View Post
    yup. will be going to disney, hollywood, then go las vegas, grand canyon, yosemite, california.

    i just ordered Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG along with my 2 batts and 2 cf cards to make it to just below 400sgd to avoid the gst charges >.<

    i went marina to take some pics last weekend, and the batt did lasted from afternoon till night barely.

    i have this habit of previewing my pics to check check. dont trust the metering loll

    icic thanks for the information! =P

    if i bringing my canon 500d, will prolly be taking a sigma 10-20, 28mm f1.8 and 55-250mm

    if i bringing my 5d3, will prolly be 17-40L and EF 75-300mm

    still undecided, urghhhh. i already bought 7 more third party batts for 500d (total 10 batts) way before i purchase the 5d3 >.<

    btw, anyone used the 75-300mm III USM before? the focusing seems quite loud compared to my 28mm f1.8
    Hehe, time to stop previewing you bought a good camera with a good metering system so trust it! haha..
    Batt would be my least worry actually…at most buy 3rd party batteries..they're cheap and last 75% of the originals..Well, you bought the 5D3 because it's good..if you're not going to use it, you'll end up regretting not bringing it and taking great photos with it Can you live with regret? heheh
    Sony A7R |FE24-70F4|FE55 F1.8|SEL1018|SAL70300|A6000 kit | www.royteophotography.com

  15. #215
    Member konstrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    you can always buy batteries and sell them again..
    but you can't buy back memories on a holiday.

    unless you're visiting the same place frequently..

  16. #216
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1ma View Post
    yup. will be going to disney, hollywood, then go las vegas, grand canyon, yosemite, california.

    i just ordered Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG along with my 2 batts and 2 cf cards to make it to just below 400sgd to avoid the gst charges >.<

    i went marina to take some pics last weekend, and the batt did lasted from afternoon till night barely.

    i have this habit of previewing my pics to check check. dont trust the metering loll

    icic thanks for the information! =P

    if i bringing my canon 500d, will prolly be taking a sigma 10-20, 28mm f1.8 and 55-250mm

    if i bringing my 5d3, will prolly be 17-40L and EF 75-300mm

    still undecided, urghhhh. i already bought 7 more third party batts for 500d (total 10 batts) way before i purchase the 5d3 >.<

    btw, anyone used the 75-300mm III USM before? the focusing seems quite loud compared to my 28mm f1.8
    Given the lens choices, I think you might be happier with the 500D...plus the 55-250 has is...
    5D III l 14/2.8 l 24/1.4L II l Σ 50/1.4 l Σ 150/2.8 macro l 28-75/2.8 l

  17. #217

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    Has anyone tried the Canon 5D Mark III with the Sigma 12-24 Type I (or II)?

    If so, could you comment on the combination and perhaps post a few photos?
    I would be very interested to know too

  18. #218

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2



    At this point of time, I should be playing Ode to Joy to accompany this overly PPed photo. I'm leaving for Japan tonight with this combination. Will be shooting ACE with stills and video and lots of other stuff in the Tokyo area as well.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  19. #219

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgethis View Post


    At this point of time, I should be playing Ode to Joy to accompany this overly PPed photo. I'm leaving for Japan tonight with this combination. Will be shooting ACE with stills and video and lots of other stuff in the Tokyo area as well.
    nice, remember to share when you return!

  20. #220

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

    Will try my best.

    After playing around with the camera, I don't see myself getting the BG-E11 because it has that multicontroller built in. For one, the 'Q' and set buttons are a tad far away. My thumb seems able to reach over over easily to touch them simulating my hand in the vertical grip's position but I'm used to turning over the camera (550D with grip) to change my settings anyway. There is word that the OEM makers are in process of making pocket friendly version so I'll probably wait for those.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •