Thread: bluetooth headset - any usable ones?

Default bluetooth headset - any usable ones?

Hi

the "cheap" V3 Bluetooth Headset (actually it looks quite good and discreet :P) I got on offer from the M1 shop seems to be picking up too much ambient noise whenever i use it for calls. In slightly noisy places than a quiet room, it's quite unusable (the other party hears a lot of background noise)

are the original Nokia bluetooth headsets any better? (i'm using a Nokia handset) or is this a yet to be resolved issue with wireless headsets in general?

ps: i've never really used those corded, handsfree headsets, but i'm curious how do those fare with regards to picking up unwanted ambient noise?
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Was quite tempted to get one but soon I realise it's only worthwhile if I use it often enough, i.e. wear it all the time.

Personally I find it rather big and doesn't look nice on me ... rather wear ear rings ...

The Jabra ones are pretty alright. The trick is to find one with the mic nearer to your mouth. The old ones from Sony Ericsson is the best. I gave up on bluetooth due to the ambient noise it picks up.

i saw one very sleek and small bluetooth earpiece from Creative during SITEX. Too bad the black color is out-of-stock and i can't find it anywhere even on the website. its selling $80 only during SITEX.

Get a Blue Spoon Digital.... haahaa.... world smallest.... dun think kana overtake yet....

I use Jabra 250....it's really great....find it very clear...and my audience never seem to complain much about the ambient noise...

i still prefer Sony Ericsson

Esp if you are using Sony Ericsson phone, SE's BT technology is consider the most mature and stable. no need to worry abt compatibility problem too