Thread: Where to buy portable TV?

Default Where to buy portable TV?

Anyone know where can i buy a portable TV? Any brands to go for? And which shop stocks a wide range of it.

I need one to bring overseas. Prefer AA size type batt. How to choose a suitable one? What features to go for? Average price?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Anyone know where can i buy a portable TV? Any brands to go for? And which shop stocks a wide range of it.

I need one to bring overseas. Prefer AA size type batt. How to choose a suitable one? What features to go for? Average price?

Many thanks.
    Go to Sim Lim and see. Casio is one brand. There are others. It all depends on your screen size preference.

yah.. casio is the one name that normally comes to mind... last time is 4 AA batts for 2 to 4 hrs.. very power comsuming.. think now better liao..

Many thanks.
    I know Alexandra Village has a lot of assortments. Maybe you can try that place.

try the 24 hour store in Little India

i got a question as well, since some digital camera can preview on TV, which portable tv with ok colors, relatively small size, relatively viewable screen... how much is the cost & which brand/model?

cos when doing overhead shoot in the tent, can't view using the DSLR.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i got a question as well, since some digital camera can preview on TV, which portable tv with ok colors, relatively small size, relatively viewable screen... how much is the cost & which brand/model?

cos when doing overhead shoot in the tent, can't view using the DSLR.
    I don't think this is possible. It is not meant for that so there is no audio/video in jack. Unless they have started putting these in now. I may be wrong but all the ones I used before does not have it.

shucks.... i think time to give those R&D ppl some ideas that ppl using DSLR may need this kinda stuff...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Sim Lim. Should be able to get one below $150 for an unknown brand.

Quote Originally Posted by garvinchow
    I know Alexandra Village has a lot of assortments. Maybe you can try that place.
    They have it there? Din see before.

Hmmm.....LCD size? Whats the standard size? Dun really need a branded one. $150 for non branded, a bit ex!
    4 AA batts for 2-4 hours of viewing is very But can use rechargeable batt rite?

Hmmm.....LCD size? Whats the standard size? Dun really need a branded one. $150 for non branded, a bit ex!
    Of course can use rechargeable batteries.

Yup...there are a couple of electronic shops with lots of fridges. Usually, you just need to walk in and ask if they have stock of portable TVs. They just don;t showcase them. CHeers!