Thread: One Arm Photographer

Default One Arm Photographer

I was reading Today Newspaper's 10 years anniversary book many months ago and this photo has always grab my attention. Whenever I feel that my gear is not good enough, I look at this picture.

The one arm photographer in the photo is credited as Mr Pak Herman R, a photographer of 20 years after he lost his arm and his factory job. Judging from the attire they worn and the film cameras they used, the picture is probably from the 1990s or early 2000s the most.

Less fortunate people managed with lesser gear.

I shudder whenever I read on forums people whining that their gear is 'ONLY' VR1 and they cannot get sharp pics with their Gitzos.

Photo source: Today newspaper Singapore, from their 10 year anniversary book.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Blog Entries

Default Re: One Arm Photographer

its all manual focus too
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    its all manual focus too
    Very interested to know, how do the one arm photographer use manual focus lens ?

Quote Originally Posted by sony90290 View Post
    Very interested to know, how do the one arm photographer use manual focus lens ?
    Dof zone focusing.

Once the photog is used to judging distance and us familiar with the amount of depth each aperture have at a given distance, focus is pre set and then shoot.

After years of shooting like this, it's intuitive and second nature to many old school MF shooters.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Dof zone focusing.

Once the photog is used to judging distance and us familiar with the amount of depth each aperture have at a given distance, focus is pre set and then shoot.

After years of shooting like this, it's intuitive and second nature to many old school MF shooters.
    I see

his stabilization skills must be zai