Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Camera body stored in Drybox

  1. #1

    Default Camera body stored in Drybox

    Hi All

    Did you keep DSLR body in dry box?

    So far I did not do this exercise except lens.

    Pls advice.

    Rgds

    K

  2. #2
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khant
    Hi All

    Did you keep DSLR body in dry box?

    So far I did not do this exercise except lens.

    Pls advice.

    Rgds

    K
    Well I did.
    Lousy de My Flickr

  3. #3

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    if you like mushroom, can lor.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by khant View Post
    Hi All

    Did you keep DSLR body in dry box?

    So far I did not do this exercise except lens.

    Pls advice.

    Rgds

    K
    If the dry box is big enough ,it's better to put camera body together.Use the plastic cap for lens too.If got extra cash buy a dry cabinet
    as it will control humidity in the cab to keep equipment fungus free. For the time being if you have silica gel sachets put them in dry box,it will absorb moisture in the box.Do not use "hungry hippos" descicants meant for rooms or clothing cabs ,may spill water.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    If the dry box is big enough ,it's better to put camera body together.Use the plastic cap for lens too.If got extra cash buy a dry cabinet
    as it will control humidity in the cab to keep equipment fungus free. For the time being if you have silica gel sachets put them in dry box,it will absorb moisture in the box.Do not use "hungry hippos" descicants meant for rooms or clothing cabs ,may spill water.

    Thank for your valuable reply.

    Rgds

  6. #6
    Senior Member fatigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Fungus can grow on sensor, AA filter and prism. But if your use your camera regularly, it should be no problem
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

  7. #7

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by khant View Post
    Hi All

    Did you keep DSLR body in dry box?

    So far I did not do this exercise except lens.

    Pls advice.

    Rgds

    K
    If you keep the lens. Why dont you keep the body inside as well..

  8. #8

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    Fungus can grow on sensor, AA filter and prism. But if your use your camera regularly, it should be no problem


    Thank Q for your valuable information.
    Last edited by khant; 22nd March 2012 at 12:03 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    If you keep the lens. Why dont you keep the body inside as well..
    Most of the threads regard to the dry box that I read through on CS are talking about fungus on lens, Not on the Body. I thought there might be some other issue.

    Now this is clear message.

    Thank Q

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by khant View Post
    Most of the threads regard to the dry box that I read through on CS are talking about fungus on lens, Not on the Body. I thought there might be some other issue.
    Fungus is not picky and will grow wherever it finds suitable conditions: organic material, humidity, darkness, still air. Now compare how much you touch your camera body and your lens. The sweat and skin particle from your hands are nice fungus food. The body is far from being airtight and so it's easy for small particle to find their way inside. Just check how many people here complain about dust in viewfinder
    EOS

  11. #11

    Default Re: Camera body stored in Drybox

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Fungus is not picky and will grow wherever it finds suitable conditions: organic material, humidity, darkness, still air. Now compare how much you touch your camera body and your lens. The sweat and skin particle from your hands are nice fungus food. The body is far from being airtight and so it's easy for small particle to find their way inside. Just check how many people here complain about dust in viewfinder
    Thank for your advice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •