Thread: GX1 Tap to Focus

Default GX1 Tap to Focus

I remember being able to do this when i first got the GX1. Somehow the Tap to Focus don't work anymore, when tap on LCD it just shift the focus point/area. Only way is to press the shutter halfway. Checked the settings on Custom - Touch Settings .... all 3 (Touch Screen,Tab & AF) are set to ON.
    Not that i cant live without it, but good to know it works.

anyone can advise.

thanks
    cakka/Flickr

Default Re: GX1 Tap to Focus

activate the right pane (the small arrow at the right side of the LCD), there is a button (a finger + button) where you can toggle this feature

Quote Originally Posted by chiew View Post
    activate the right pane (the small arrow at the right side of the LCD), there is a button (a finger + button) where you can toggle this feature
    Chiew : This feature is for focus and shoot by tapping. how about just tap to focus, whereby the focus box turn green.
    cakka/Flickr

having same problem. but only my 14-45 lens affected. my other lens still can af touch

also my Quick AF function doesnt work with the 14-45. For touch af my 14-45 only works if my af mode is at pin-point

Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie

Chiew : This feature is for focus and shoot by tapping. how about just tap to focus, whereby the focus box turn green.
    Sorry to misinterpret your question. I tried on the 14-42mm and 14mm Kit lens; and the touch auto focus works.

To confirm, I toggle the touch settings --> touch af. And it's enable/disable the feature.

Hope this helps.

The focus box doesn't turn green though. But the live view shows that the focus is adjusted in the touch area.