Thread: Monopod heads

Default Monopod heads

Hi, I just got a monopod but yet to buy the monopod head now. Wonder can Manfrotto 482 and 492 ball head fix on Monopod 680B, or i need to get the 234RC quick release head? Thanks in adv

Default Re: Monopod heads

it really depends on what you use the monopod for.
    mainly video?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NDividualistic
    Hi, I just got a monopod but yet to buy the monopod head now. Wonder can Manfrotto 482 and 492 ball head fix on Monopod 680B, or i need to get the 234RC quick release head? Thanks in adv
    For photo i will prefer a tilt head over a ball head. I am using a 234 but with a markins clamp attached. I find ball heads on a monopod too troublesome.

mainly for photo usage.

Ic, will bring it for overseas holiday, wil be using it on DSLR, and maybe fuji x10 too.. so tot ball head will be more easy than tilt head and quick release? correct me if im wrong...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NDividualistic View Post
    mainly for photo usage.

Ic, will bring it for overseas holiday, wil be using it on DSLR, and maybe fuji x10 too.. so tot ball head will be more easy than tilt head and quick release? correct me if im wrong...
    On a tripod, everything rest well and stable, making it easier to use a ball head. On a monopod, one hand on the main knob and one on the camera, once you release the friction, everything will go wobbly... For tilt head, I set it up so it will only tilt sideways if I want portrait orientation. Forward and backward tilt I just tilt the monopod.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    On a tripod, everything rest well and stable, making it easier to use a ball head. On a monopod, one hand on the main knob and one on the camera, once you release the friction, everything will go wobbly... For tilt head, I set it up so it will only tilt sideways if I want portrait orientation. Forward and backward tilt I just tilt the monopod.
    Ic. Thanks for the advice...

if i really goin to use it on fuji x10 as well, is 234RC quick release a good choice or 234 tilt head is a better option for both DSLR and x10? btw does 234RC comes with a release plate as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NDividualistic View Post
    Ic. Thanks for the advice...

if i really goin to use it on fuji x10 as well, is 234RC quick release a good choice or 234 tilt head is a better option for both DSLR and x10? btw does 234RC comes with a release plate as well?
    234RC comes with a manfrotto RC2 plate. 234 is only the tilt head and a screw mount. Whether you choose to use the RC2 version or screw version is up to your current QR system you are using on your tripod.

seriously on x10, do you really need a monopod?

ic.. hah. not really. will be using mainly on DSLR. Thanks for info

thanks for the info An drew