Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on buying a traveller P&S with good quality.

Default Re: Need help on buying a traveller P&S with good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by edvan View Post
    Fujifilm read ......battery hold only y400 shots only leh !!!!
    Means must carry 3 battery each day when on tour enough?
    Actually it is pretty alright. I took an average 200+ shots over a couple of days in Australia on a tour. Just compose your shots properly and not click on everything that move and you could be quite alright.

But I would still recommend to take at least an extra battery with you, just in case.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

For a trip to Japan for 2 will be approx. 8K plus all others uncountable expanditure beside the tour charges.

For to enjoy, get a good light, sharp, simple even wife can shoot as DSLR she has no way to handle. cos I used D7000 with 300mm F4+ 1.4./1.7,10-20mm, SP90 + Raynox and a very stable tripod as my hobbby.
    (So Bros !!!!! how to bring all these, wife will scold me like MET dog).

As such need something better than my present S90 whereby able to produce work in low light, Canon set at F2 under manual control still not able to produce a good peice of work even PP with the help of "Noiseware" + "Lightroom4.x)

So KINDLY help me as I am now looking at the specs for both Canon G1X AND Fujifilm XPRO1 BUT WILL compare side by side for specification with S90 and S200EXR which I had used before, before buying.

Thankyou so much and really bothering all bros and senior to much........say thanks

After looking at other forum, I think Canon " http://www.adorama.com/ALC/Article.aspx?alias=First-Look-Canon-PowerShot-G1-X&utm_source=ET&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Emai l010912Canon"
    is a good considersation...... comments any .
    Canon PowerShot G1 X Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

Hi, many people ask for the same thing as you. But in this 3D real world you can't have your cake and eat it. Light,small and high quality pictures are not mutually exclusive.Example, in order to beat it's enemy the american Abrahm's M1 main battle tank uses a JET engine for a power plant but it is a fuel guzzler and because it is a jet engine in desert condition imagine the wear and tear with sand pitting the turbo fan blades.This is known as brute force solution.

In the camera world things are similar.Take the canon G1,for improved quality over 4/3 sensor it is bigger,20% smaller than APSC sensor.This is an enthusiast camera but if you want low light performance it's fixed zoom lens of 28 - 118mm has only F2.8 at it's widest and F5.6 at tele end ,you won't be happy but it's ISO goes to 12800.Compare G1 size in the review above.It has the potential to produce good pictures but you also want a longer zoom reach so you may have to look at other 4/3 interchangeable lens systems
    or try the mirroless Pentax K01 which is only 10gm in weight less the Pentax DSLR but just as thick because it still uses the K mount
    but has apsc sensor which is proven in the K5 dslr.And the new dedicated lens series is pretty small but it does not have a viewfinder.The movie mode is mpeg4 HD compression so save lot of memory space over the normal jpeg video.

Pentax K-01 Compact System Camera - Hands-On Preview
    PS you are not bothering us,we are willing to help photographers achieve their aspirations. Take your time to make right decision.
    Last edited by one eye jack; 21st March 2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by edvan
    For a trip to Japan for 2 will be approx. 8K plus all others uncountable expanditure beside the tour charges.

For to enjoy, get a good light, sharp, simple even wife can shoot as DSLR she has no way to handle. cos I used D7000 with 300mm F4+ 1.4./1.7,10-20mm, SP90 + Raynox and a very stable tripod as my hobbby.
    (So Bros !!!!! how to bring all these, wife will scold me like MET dog).

As such need something better than my present S90 whereby able to produce work in low light, Canon set at F2 under manual control still not able to produce a good peice of work even PP with the help of "Noiseware" + "Lightroom4.x)

So KINDLY help me as I am now looking at the specs for both Canon G1X AND Fujifilm XPRO1 BUT WILL compare side by side for specification with S90 and S200EXR which I had used before, before buying.

Thankyou so much and really bothering all bros and senior to much........say thanks

After looking at other forum, I think Canon " http://www.adorama.com/ALC/Article.aspx?alias=First-Look-Canon-PowerShot-G1-X&utm_source=ET&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Emai l010912Canon"
    is a good considersation...... comments any .
    What I mean is what's Yr budget for this small camera?

Hi all
    I've finally able to go for a Japan tour with my wife but I have read most of the forum that not to bring DSLR along as wife has no intrest and doesn't know how to use or compose, I am having a D7000 with 10-20mm , Kit lens and x1.4 TC to gwt close to 150m.

BUT

not going to take this along SO thought of buying a reasonable good P&S that produce sharp and less noisy shot ( I do hv a Canon S90) but the zoom is too shot ...
    HELP me to decide what to get, light, sharp longer reach.

Thank Bros.
    EDvan
    It is not possible to have one camera that satisfy everyone requirements.

Let your wife use iPhone and you get yourself a 18-250mm lens for your D7000.
    With 1.4 TC and 1.5 crop factor, you will be able to reach more than 400mm.
    Which will satisfy your requirements 18-400mm.

It is more important to satisfy the requirement of the person who know how to take photos than the person who don't know how to take photos.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12