Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving in Taiwan

Default Re: Driving in Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Saw pictures of possibly hundreds of scooters waiting for the lights to switch
    I may not survive getting out of Taipei City...
    In cities @traffic lights the areas just behind the "light stop" (like our yellow box) are demarcated for scooters/bikes. That's what you will see in the pics you saw.

Blog Entries

Anyone know where to hire a local guide+ driver to drive us around the different places? I wanna save time travelling on trains, buses etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Anyone know where to hire a local guide+ driver to drive us around the different places? I wanna save time travelling on trains, buses etc
    depends which part of Taiwan u going. For Hualien, I have some contacts.

Traveling by trains is almost unavoidable... and sometimes can be faster then cars! Actually the trains are rather fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Taking the "fast train" from Taipei to hualien is no slower than a car. And stations are located at town/city centres with much life going on. Key bus stops to many local places are right next to stations. Get to meet people and discover places. If you get a car with driver, you isolate yourself from meeting locals and you need to sort out the driver's meals and accomodation....

Unless you have a large entourage to deal with. Or get driver/car just for local day trips.

Got money and want to spend that way, always will have takers for the tasks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    depends which part of Taiwan u going. For Hualien, I have some contacts.

Traveling by trains is almost unavoidable... and sometimes can be faster then cars! Actually the trains are rather fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Taking the "fast train" from Taipei to hualien is no slower than a car. And stations are located at town/city centres with much life going on. Key bus stops to many local places are right next to stations. Get to meet people and discover places. If you get a car with driver, you isolate yourself from meeting locals and you need to sort out the driver's meals and accomodation....

Unless you have a large entourage to deal with. Or get driver/car just for local day trips.

Got money and want to spend that way, always will have takers for the tasks.
    Thanks for the advice~ Much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12