Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Tripod Recommendations

Blog Entries

Default Re: Good Tripod Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post
    checkout link to 'scapes' and buy sirui tripod to get the same quality of images!
    haha just joking la you need much more than that

agree with recommendations, just note that R2004 is quite heavy at 1.7kg, try it out at TK Foto see if you can imaging yourself lugging it around. It you feel lazy to bring out tripod you will not bring it out! T1004X is much more compact when folded, but max height is much less, good for overseas travelling
    Or you can consider getting the R1004 (some would recommend upgrading the head to G20). Good for the price! With my limited experience, think S'pore don't have big gusts of winds so still sturdy enough here heh...
    Checkout TK Foto's websites to see the specifications of the different Sirui tripods (don't think I can link to their website from here, though you see link from this page: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/tk-fo...1-tk-foto.html)
    1.7kg is heavy? Back in the day it is considered a light weight tripod. LOL.

Anyway, from my understanding, Sirui is no longer offering the R1004. R series start with 2004. They reserve the smaller sizes for their Tx series.

BTW some of those pics are not shot with Sirui. Sirui is my travel pod. But does it matter?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd March 2012 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Anyway, from my understanding, Sirui is no longer offering the R1004. R series start with 2004. They reserve the smaller sizes for their Tx series.

BTW some of those pics are not shot with Sirui. Sirui is my travel pod. But does it matter?
    R1004 with G10 is still available from TK Foto at $129.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    R1004 with G10 is still available from TK Foto at $129.
    Really? wow, then it is still a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Really? wow, then it is still a good buy.
    Yup and its even a better during the previous IT show period. Same price but with free gifts of a bean bag pod and a cleaning kit.

Oh its Sirui R2004, no wonder I cannot find on internet. I don't really intend to bring overseas, so I think 1.7kg still not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

sorry sir, i weak one... last time i got a slik u8000 tripod, 1.5kg and around 60cm long when packed, didn't bring it out much cos lazy
    yeah agree doesn't really matter, just inspired and hope to use it to inspire others... erm though TS mentioned 'outdoor portraits/ studio photography' so sorry a bit OT =p

Quote Originally Posted by LinMingXuan View Post
    Oh its Sirui R2004, no wonder I cannot find on internet. I don't really intend to bring overseas, so I think 1.7kg still not that bad.
    factor in the ball head - the G20 is 0.4kg so around 2.1kg. If you think that is ok then looks like you're set!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post

....... just note that R2004 is quite heavy at 1.7kg, ............
    ha ha ha u have not carried my old 4+ kg clunker (medium sized) outfit yet ...... but yes sigh thats a trade off ..... weight+firm gripping head = stability

also different people like either screw-tight or clamp-on styles on their leg extensions
    Last edited by ed9119; 23rd March 2012 at 09:00 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    ha ha ha u have not carried my old 4+ kg clunker (medium sized) outfit yet ...... but yes sigh thats a trade off ..... weight+firm gripping head = stability

also different people like either screw-tight or clamp-on styles on their leg extensions
    yes sir! looks like i should save on R2204 and get R2004 instead, start training up my back then move on to your 4kg stuff
    progressive training!

Blog Entries

aiyah light is good seriously .... just make sure your center column has a hook to hang your bag to keep the set up steady
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12