Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is my fault!

Default Re: This is my fault!

Quote Originally Posted by playhard View Post
    Here honking sounds rude, but in Vietnam, honking is to inform ppl that there are cars/motocycle behind.

It's true.

Every 3 to 5 second, 1 horn.

If take record of the HCMC vehicle horns, I think in 1 day can reach 10 millions SC.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I would consider myself to be pretty fair tempered but I do get more easily irritated on the roads, especially tailgaters.
    then i guess you never drive in SG. there is tailgate every 10m on the road.

10% too few.

Zebra crossings are getting more dangerous for pedestrians. I see some drivers speed up to get past before the pedestrian -- one just whizzed in front of me yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by playhard View Post
    I don't drive, but 90% of time i see cars slowdown at zebra crossing.

Yes indeed many of you mentioned my wife. I owe her a lot.

I am more cautious now and try to be considerate... when people overtake me I just tell myself 'the driver is in a rush as he has urgent matter to attend to'

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Yes indeed many of you mentioned my wife. I owe her a lot.

I am more cautious now and try to be considerate... when people overtake me I just tell myself 'the driver is in a rush as he has urgent matter to attend to'

Kent blame yourself. Some old people think that they are old and they own the whole Singapore. If they are using the proper way to cross the road, Horning them is just alert them that there is a oncoming car. Of course you slow down as well, not stun them with horn than speed pass them.

Singaporean overtake like no nobody business. Sometime so close and they just squeeze in without signal. For me, I believe most of us got our license and behave well during the first week. Initially I signal and wait, than you notice when you signal, even a cherry QQ seems to have turbo under the hood, suddenly can accelerate so fast!?!! After a whilei learn my lesson, don't signal every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    Kent blame yourself. Some old people think that they are old and they own the whole Singapore. If they are using the proper way to cross the road, Horning them is just alert them that there is a oncoming car. Of course you slow down as well, not stun them with horn than speed pass them..
    erm, actually old people dont have care if they die or live. they actually thank you if you end their misery..could be lot of reasons, their family leave them, they got sickness, they are homeless, they no money...etc...

you wont know what happen when you are old, maybe you will be one of them.
    Last edited by ninelives; 20th March 2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Objection !!!

Could be due to stress. Take some rest, relax, enjoy
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives

erm, actually old people dont have care if they die or live. they actually thank you if you end their misery..
    Seriously?!? It's not funny, even if you meant it as a joke, which I don't think you did.

Quote Originally Posted by esoeij View Post
    Seriously?!? It's not funny, even if you meant it as a joke, which I don't think you did.
    by no means i asking you to knock them over, you will be put into jail( dont misinterpret of what i'm trying to say) . i am trying to say, for some old people, live or death doesn't matter to them anymore...
    Last edited by ninelives; 20th March 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives

by no means i asking you to knock them over, you will be put into jail. i am trying to say, for some old people, live of death doesn't matter to them anymore...
    I see. Its getting a bit out of context. What you said may well be true, but doesn't mean for those old people who cross the roads they don't value their lives. Could just be poor judgement or physical impairment due to old age that they put their lives in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    by no means i asking you to knock them over, you will be put into jail( dont misinterpret of what i'm trying to say) . i am trying to say, for some old people, live or death doesn't matter to them anymore...
    Than for these people. I recommend them to jump into bedok reservoir. It's just below my block, I can lead them.

If you want to die, please die somewhere and far away. Don't do it on the road, ownself die never mind, young chap like me don't want to get into trouble with the law and ruin my life.

Than for these people. I recommend them to jump into bedok reservoir. It's just below my block, I can lead them.

If you want to die, please die somewhere and far away. Don't do it on the road, ownself die never mind, young chap like me don't want to get into trouble with the law and ruin my life.
    THIS IS OT.

and here is the problem with the younger generation these days.

REMEMBER: NOT ALL OLD PEOPLE are selfish ignoramuses. and YOU will get old one day, if you live to be a senior citizen

and YOU, my young friend, are a selfish bigot.

living in SG too long makes me more impatient and desensitized. Well look at the bright side, my first impression when you honk was she collapsed from a heart attack or something.

Try driving along gelyang and you'll see a lot of Kenenisa Bekele wanabes. WTF, 要死就死远一点,不要害人害己。
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    THIS IS OT.

and here is the problem with the younger generation these days.

REMEMBER: NOT ALL OLD PEOPLE are selfish ignoramuses. and YOU will get old one day, if you live to be a senior citizen

and YOU, my young friend, are a selfish bigot.

I didn't say ALL, I mentioned "THOSE". Don't worry, even if I grow old, I make sure to cross the road using the green man instead of jay walking.

Like I said, want to die, die further. Don't choose the road and harm others. You never know, for your own convenience, you choose to jay walk. One driver can't avoid in time, he/she might got into a accident. And there's a possibility that other road users might get involve.

And I didn't mean it's only "OLD".
    Last edited by Fezqu; 21st March 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Try driving along gelyang and you'll see a lot of Kenenisa Bekele wanabes. WTF, 要死就死远一点,不要害人害己。
    Don't need geylang. Sometimes on the road you can alr see those foreign workers cycling. If they stay near the yellow line , that's fine. Some chat on the phone or text. Worst one is those competitive cyclist. You know when you cycle fast, sometimes the bicycle tends to sway left and right a bit. And my god, some hog the whole lane by cycling side by side.

Be alert when approaching zebra crossing cos sometimes bicycles can zoom past out of no where!

Quote Originally Posted by kingtokina View Post
    Be alert when approaching zebra crossing cos sometimes bicycles can zoom past out of no where!
    Some of these are motorized bike that zoom past darn fast. Very very dangerous.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

If they stay near the yellow line , that's fine. Some chat on the phone or text. Worst one is those competitive cyclist. You know when you cycle fast, sometimes the bicycle tends to sway left and right a bit. And my god, some hog the whole lane by cycling side by side.
    Cycling too near the double yellow line can be perilous as well. Uncovered drainage holes are pretty common, not to mention other obstacles like stones etc. Sometimes the tar-ed edge of the road has a much more obvious step from the drainage side and can be a hazard for an unaware cyclist that keeps too close the left.

Of course some drivers for whatever reason, has a propensity to stick so close the cyclists that it puts both parties at risk. I suspect some season cyclists will cover a little past the yellow line to 1/3 road to give an obvious signal and remove all chances of vehicles trying to stick super close. But in doing so, on single lanes like the East Coast service roads, it can be a real bummer for the car behind.

I do recreational cycling on roads and I am a driver as well. However I have no good solution except having greater awareness for users of road. Safety goes both ways. And until LTA widens the kerb-yellow line distance or come up with cycling lanes, there will be perennial conflicts between cyclists and drivers.

Ryan

The worst of the worst are those illegal electric bikes riders, bloody hell don't need license and ride their f**king ass cutting every lanes!! What the hell are those TP doing??? I would say DAMN those people and no one will bother to care even if they are knocked down by cars!
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast