Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: D4 when and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Soon
    Wowed by the rumored prices for D4 and D800. Just curious why they are so much cheaper than D3X which retailed at $12k when it was launched?
    D3X is a very niche camera compare to the rest of its serious. Targeted at the highest end studio and landscape photographer for large print. 24mp is the pinnacle point during its launch with only 5Dmk2 comes close behind later and still not a full pro body.

D800 change the entire climate and playing field, combining the possibility of both high resolution and low enough ISO capability at a price much closer to a consumer camera (though it's still kinda high now). D4, in my opinion, it's not exactly cheap, locally I mean. Why would they bother paying 3k extra for it compare to D3s. Although its wireless upgrades is substantial, it's now still not fully functional (with bugs to fix) and requires another steep purchase to get it to work. Pretty sure after this yr Olympic, U will see the price of D4 sliding downwards to what D3s is now.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Default Re: D4 when and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    D3X is a very niche camera compare to the rest of its serious. Targeted at the highest end studio and landscape photographer for large print. 24mp is the pinnacle point during its launch with only 5Dmk2 comes close behind later and still not a full pro body.

D800 change the entire climate and playing field, combining the possibility of both high resolution and low enough ISO capability at a price much closer to a consumer camera (though it's still kinda high now). D4, in my opinion, it's not exactly cheap, locally I mean. Why would they bother paying 3k extra for it compare to D3s. Although its wireless upgrades is substantial, it's now still not fully functional (with bugs to fix) and requires another steep purchase to get it to work. Pretty sure after this yr Olympic, U will see the price of D4 sliding downwards to what D3s is now.
    Question is where does the D3x fit in now that the D800 is released? It's resolution and many other features (e.g. video, AF system) has been beaten by a camera that is cheaper. What role does the D3x fill?

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

Question is where does the D3x fit in now that the D800 is released? It's resolution and many other features (e.g. video, AF system) has been beaten by a camera that is cheaper. What role does the D3x fill?
    I feel it fills the museum slot.... Other than its built and easy access feature like other D3 & D4 series, the rest has been pretty much taken over by D800, which is a much versatile camera for much more purposes of use.

I feel it fills the museum slot.... Other than its built and easy access feature like other D3 & D4 series, the rest has been pretty much taken over by D800, which is a much versatile camera for much more purposes of use.
    I don't think the built quality and easy access is worth that much more money, especially when considering the types of photography it is used for (studio, landscape)

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

I don't think the built quality and easy access is worth that much more money, especially when considering the types of photography it is used for (studio, landscape)
    Exactly my sentiments. Hence I feel D3x should head straight for Nikon Hall of Fame museum. I cannot even imagine its resale value now. Even a D3 looks more worth a camera than D3x with D800 in the picture. Those who still have it will probably use it till it dies out completely. Those who need such camera would probably look at MF camera or D800.

You forgot the Sony 850 and 900.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kit

You forgot the Sony 850 and 900.....
    Sorry, canon is already my limits beyond in terms of gear knowledge. Pls add to the list that I missed.

so sad that I've placed my pre-order with the wrong vendor, they didn't get any unit!
    Last edited by lloh108; 25th March 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Nikon D4 | AF-S 50mm 1.4G | AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (2.9x) | AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED | SB900

Prices are going up globally, right now on D800, D4's
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Got word from a tog friend in HK and Europe that D4 sells for 8300SG to 8700SG in their home town and I got quoted 9.8K - 10K SG in funan and thats pre-order sets coming from 2nd and 4rth floor shops.

dafuq, seriously this hypes a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by garbled View Post
    Got word from a tog friend in HK and Europe that D4 sells for 8300SG to 8700SG in their home town and I got quoted 9.8K - 10K SG in funan and thats pre-order sets coming from 2nd and 4rth floor shops.

dafuq, seriously this hypes a bitch.
    DD Electronics S$8799. If you pick it up at Nusajaya, S$8177: Nikon D4 DSLR Camera (Body Only)

For now, their D800 is still very ex. Hopefully, when stock stabilises, prices will come down.

DD can quote whatever price, they also have no stock! sigh!
    Nikon D4 | AF-S 50mm 1.4G | AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (2.9x) | AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED | SB900

I am at Shanghai now for a meeting and when we had the group photo, I noticed the photographer was using a D4! So I asked him how much he paid - RMB42,000 (special price because he is a professional Nikon user). Based on today's exchange rate (0.2028), that works out to S$8517.60! He told me D4 is available this week in Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon
    I am at Shanghai now for a meeting and when we had the group photo, I noticed the photographer was using a D4! So I asked him how much he paid - RMB42,000 (special price because he is a professional Nikon user). Based on today's exchange rate (0.2028), that works out to S$8517.60! He told me D4 is available this week in Shanghai.
    Buy a few then come back sell for $9500 on BnS.

Blog Entries

D4 available now at JB!

Can share price and location .

For those looking for one, as of this evening, SLRR have one available, un-reserved set, i.e. you can turn up and buy it straight away. Price is better than SRP.

Quote Originally Posted by miyata View Post
    Can share price and location .
    Few places having D4 stock:

1. Bally Photo - Funan
    2. SLR Revolution - Funan (about SGD9050)
    3. TK Photo - Funan
    4. People's Audio Pte Ltd - Peopl's Park Complex (about SGD9050)

any news on stock of d4 in sg? need to get 1 soon.

Fresh stocks coming in Wed or Thurs. call the usual shops.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast