Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Wacom tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by IainB
    I appreciate the input. I'll check out the features of each more closely, but from what I hear the Graphire may be just the thing for photo editing. I'm not into art. I'd rather put the extra $$ towards some nice glass.
    yes the graphire series should be sufficient for photo editing.

check out pix'n'pixel @ funan. i got my graphire2 4x5 there last year for $75. the other shops were selling around $125 then. maybe they were clearing stock but check them out all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    check out pix'n'pixel @ funan. i got my graphire2 4x5 there last year for $75. the other shops were selling around $125 then. maybe they were clearing stock but check them out all the same.
    nice... thanks for the info madmacs will check it out the coming monday. will update you guys on the pricing once I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Thanks, so between a used Intuos 2 6x8 and new Graphire 3 6x8, which is a better choice assuming prices are similar?

Regards
    CK
    both exceed the requirements for photoediting.. i've an ancient wacom with serial port and its more than enough for photoediting. The resolution equals that of my excellent Logitech MX optical mouse (and Logitech MX mice outperform all available microsoft mice...), of course control with pen is far better.

Glad you asked that about the mouse. I have decided to buy the Graphire3 4x5 - it is being sold without the mouse (US$78 incl shipping local) so I wondered what I options was missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by IainB
    Glad you asked that about the mouse. I have decided to buy the Graphire3 4x5 - it is being sold without the mouse (US$78 incl shipping local) so I wondered what I options was missing out on.
    Bought a graphire3 at recent pc exihibition at $99!.... So IMHO should look around local rather than order from US....

Went over to Funan during lunch break. Asked the person at pic'n'pixel but he said they don't sell tablets.
    Looks like the only option is TecDrome or Skylet at Sim Lim le.
    Anyone got any other lobangs? Or who can get staff purchase?
    Wonder if MO can get us a cheaper price...

Maybe can pool together to buy and ask for discount... I am looking for the intuous 2..... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Amekaze
    Wow wow... ArtzII is like so old. And by the way... i still see ArtzII selling at Sim Lim. Intuos3 never produce the bigger sizes. You work at huge resolutions? Care to share what's the diff between the the small to big sizes? Would like to hear from a real user.
    Its decent enough for photo editing but I need something a lot bigger for graphic design. Preferable when sketching it would be about 1:1, 4x5 feels kinda cramped, must draw smaller. There are a lot of cheapie tablets that do Chinese entry too, but they're small.

Zplus: 18x12 Intuos2 want to MO?

I'm still contemplating on a Intuos2 or Intuos3. ARGH!
    12x18" SO BIG!!! 6x8" is enough for me... I'm not earning big bucks yet (in fact, nothing at all), so have to start small.
    Anyone else wanna buy a tablet?

Big-sized tablet are more for graphic designers cos they usually need more space to work with. For photo-editing, a tablet is useful when you are doing fine selection for cropping and masking.

Went to check out Funan yesterday as I was in the neighbourhood. The Intuous2 6x8 are going at $365 - $370. There seems to be fewer units left too, since the Intuous3 came out, which cost more. Its actually a little above my budget!

So who's interested? Maybe not MO but we meet up and go down to bargain for better discount?

Just for your consideration.
    Even pros often use only 6x8 for editing.
    You must remember that your keyboard must be placed at a comfy position as you use the shortcuts.

And as for the pressure.aiyah, ver2 or 3 doesn't matter lah..all same.
    The manufacturer just wants you to upgrade.

It's let your car tire. "Mine has more treads!"...If it makes u feel gd,then pay more loh..

check out my wacom at work.Problem of too big..,haha.

Only the 'red highlighted area' is the working area I set!
    Otherwise I wouldn't know where to place my keyboard.
    Usual practice I've seen is top of wacom.But then its too far for my preference n unnatural to me.

Suggestions?hee

[IMG]http://img138.exs.cx/img138/7905/mywacom9jx.jpg

[img=http://img138.exs.cx/img138/7905/mywacom9jx.jpg]

try again.sorry

ciam,cannot...sorry

Heh! That's a HUGE tablet! Won't the keyboard be uneven when you work like that? Btw, wats the best price for an intuous2 that you know?

Is such tablet pads better than the built in tablet function that are found in laptops? I am looking for one for simple editing, such as cloning, and making selection. i guess the graphire 3 will suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Heh! That's a HUGE tablet! Won't the keyboard be uneven when you work like that? Btw, wats the best price for an intuous2 that you know?
    Aiyah, of course must put something below to support lah.
    Oh,n that notepad holder kindda acts as my wrist support,haha.

great feedback there firestone. makes me wanna go for the Intuos 3 4x5" now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast