Thread: Before I passed out.

Default Before I passed out.

Hello there,

I am rather new to photography and am seeking advices and opinions on my photos so that I can improve on that. Please do give me comments on the following photos. Thanks!

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    -The composition of this picture and the post processing as well.
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    -I am trying to portray the last sight of a collapsed man before he passed out.
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    -It was a hot day and was exploring around botanical gardens.
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    -A better photo of the lot that I took on that day. Sincerely wishes to know what others think about this.

Thanks alot in advance!

Default Re: Before I passed out.

good try on the photo.

ur title and portrayal of the last sight of a collapse man justifies the tilt but the question is why. try to make the photo more mysterious more than changing the color tone to sepia.

why is he passing out? is it a haunted house he is looking at? someone trying to kill him? or is he just tired and wants to sleep on the grass.

this is a first person view but the person who u are trying to protray must be sick if not probably not going to collapase in front of the house. then why does he have enuf strength and sanity to have his eyes wide open? and he/she is focusing on the weeds, why weeds and not the house.

The "Before I passed out" has no meaning or context with what is in the picture. It would have been more meaningful if there was someone running towards you from the house, or a few bottles of booze, etc. Basically, something that makes it actually look like what would happen if you passed out, rather than just a "huh?" picture.

Right now it looks like a poorly tilted, dunno-why-sepia picture taken at a low angle that you tried to rescue by calling it "before I passed out".
    Alpha

Wow I actually learned something from the two comments... Thanks guys!