Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rom.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    hmm.... when you have these sort of questions, maybe you could consider rejecting the offer and let someone else take over?
    Agree. Just be careful. This could be the most important event in your friend's life.
    Last edited by jbma; 16th December 2004 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Agree. I think it's too important an event to screw up.

yes exactly, i understand too. i also reassured myself by getting an experienced guy for backup. for this matter, i just wanted to learn more from the forum, so i could make better pictures for my friend.

Blog Entries

as mentioned already... the key events of the signing and the kiss happen very quickly... and they don't wait for camera man one!!! also not that much space in front...

so timing and positioning is very important (forget the tripod)... you and your backup would be very conspicuous moving around (worst if got videographer too)... try to get good idea of the sequence of events so make sure you don't miss anything.

i also think better to go with the paparazzi flash than the soft shots... but don't over do it with your backup, else the bride and groom would be seeing stars!!! =)

enjoy the shoot!!!

I would not advise using direct flash. Background will be dark and there might be shadows. Bounce your flash. If you're not sure, just point it up between 45 deg. to 90 deg. If the zoom on your flash is set manually ( in M or A mode ), make sure it is set to wide angle. Enjoy your shoot. With a more exp. guy around, you should be able to get some good pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Alternatively, bring me along!! I'll guide you. Heehee.
    Sure or not, you boleh boh? Wait you run off with the bride how? Hehehee..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Sure or not, you boleh boh? Wait you run off with the bride how? Hehehee..
    Not my fault

eric69

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    1) Color or Black&White
    2) What films used usually
    3) Got people use tripod usually?
    4) Do you guys do cold lamination, put in fancy albums or just put them in simple color lab free-albums and give to the couple?
    1) Personally I like B/W photos. But not everybody can take good B/W photos. Good angles and tastely done, very critical. I guess digital still cannot produce the nice texture of true-worth B&W films especially the high-contract films such as T-max 100. TCM400, well, can forget about that film.

3) No tripod lah, unless you also want to be inside the photos, and you set your cam to timer mode. Else, forget about it lah, just weight you down.

4) Yes, Yes, cold lam the photos, present it in a nice albums, write your own captions! Wow.. Go for it, if the couple is one of your best friends!

GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by eric69; 17th December 2004 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    as mentioned already... the key events of the signing and the kiss happen very quickly... and they don't wait for camera man one!!! also not that much space in front...

so timing and positioning is very important (forget the tripod)... you and your backup would be very conspicuous moving around (worst if got videographer too)... try to get good idea of the sequence of events so make sure you don't miss anything.

i also think better to go with the paparazzi flash than the soft shots... but don't over do it with your backup, else the bride and groom would be seeing stars!!! =)

enjoy the shoot!!!
    being a photographer myself, i know the difficulty of getting the kiss pic, so during my own wedding, i purposely kiss slightly longer than people usu. do for my photographer. but dunno if she realised or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    being a photographer myself, i know the difficulty of getting the kiss pic, so during my own wedding, i purposely kiss slightly longer than people usu. do for my photographer. but dunno if she realised or not.
    who didnt realize it? your wife or female photographer?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    It's not hard, it's called anticipation. Even if you can't anticipate, D2H/1DMK II also won't help with the 8fps.

How about 2 flash, 1 bounce the other direct. Of cause, adjust ratio hor.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    How about 2 flash, 1 bounce the other direct. Of cause, adjust ratio hor.

I saw a pro guy using 2 flashes, one small camera mounted one with tissue paper around it for direct flash and another METZ hammerhead pointed 45 deg.

not really anticipation here le.....its being alert and experience.....never missed a kiss shot before le......most important is to know the flow of events.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12