Thread: P "Programmed"-mode use?

hardfire
    Guests

Default P "Programmed"-mode use?

hi,

whats the difference between P - mode and Auto - mode? i am an owner of a 602Z and i am curious as to the difference... if there is any. apologies for any ignorance on DSLR history with regards to camera functionality.

if there is too much info, maybe share URL so that i could read up?

i invite the moderators to move this thread if they feel it should be in another forum. thanks.

Default Re: P "Programmed"-mode use?

Originally posted by hardfire
    hi,

whats the difference between P - mode and Auto - mode? i am an owner of a 602Z and i am curious as to the difference... if there is any. apologies for any ignorance on DSLR history with regards to camera functionality.

i invite the moderators to move this thread if they feel it should be in another forum. thanks.
    In P mode, you still have some control over the camera (like exp. compensation, ISO etc). Some cameras have a "shift program" mode where you can select different f-stop/shutter speed combinations the P mode gives. e.g. 1/60 @ f/4 or 1/125 @ f/2.8 or 1/30 @ f/5.6.

In A(uto) mode, most of the time, you have no override.

Regards
    CK

hi,

Auto Mode: Fully automatic. Flash mode is Auto.

Program Mode: Automatic but user has control over Shutter and Aperture. Flash mode is not Auto.

hi,

How much did you pay for this camera and from where. Is it good? Any sample shots?