Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 183

Thread: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baosheng Li
    You can choose either M43 or entry level DSLR, sony NEX is not suitable as the lack of suitable lens. DSLR will cost less compared to M43 with regard to the same lever image quality; there are more cheap lens to choose for DLSR. There actually have quite a few of small size DSLR such as the new nikon D3200 and a serious of pentax camera. However M43 is certainly much more smaller
    Whatever you are smoking... please share it.
    Alpha

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Whatever you are smoking... please share it.
    I about to sleep, but I just got awaken, and ROFL after seeing this
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

  3. #83

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpix View Post
    Mirrorless is the future of cameras. The end of big DSLRs is near.

    For me, the best is choice the Sony NEX system. It is small but the image quality is not compromised. I had an SLR before (canon 60D) but never missed it when I got my 5N.
    Just waiting for a FF Nex Body.......................

    Just hope they will improve in their focusing speed...............

  4. #84

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Just waiting for a FF Nex Body.......................

    Just hope they will improve in their focusing speed...............
    FF and NEX? Not gonna happen. Learn about flange distance...
    Alpha

  5. #85
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

    Huh? What heat? I don't find my post that offensive or angry. Merely stating my own opinion. Why is it that nowadays people keep finding my post angry or not happy... truth is... I always try to be kind of neutral.
    Sorry mate. I find a bit too much flame in dslr / mirrorless comparisons. Might have become too sensitive. My bad. Time to keep off these threads.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  6. #86
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baosheng Li View Post
    You can choose either M43 or entry level DSLR, sony NEX is not suitable as the lack of suitable lens. DSLR will cost less compared to M43 with regard to the same lever image quality; there are more cheap lens to choose for DLSR. There actually have quite a few of small size DSLR such as the new nikon D3200 and a serious of pentax camera. However M43 is certainly much more smaller
    No... Sony NEX is highly regard, it had more then enough lenses for most purposes and the lenses variety would increase when a suitable adapter was being use and the NEX will be able to use the fabulous A-mount lenses that retain full AF capability.

    No... again... DSLR for some brands are not cheap at all... m43 camera pack heaps of functions as compared to entry level DSLR and if you are comparing mid-level DSLR, the price is not going to be any cheaper than m43. And it is to my understanding that m43 lenses are pretty cheap to begin with as compared to DSLR lenses... of course if you are comparing entry level lenses such as the 18-55mm... oh... wait... m43 entry level lenses are very very cheap too.

    And yes... the D3200, 1100D, some of Pentax camera, Sony SLT (entry level) are pretty small in size, you got that right... and no you are wrong here... m43 are not 'much more' smaller. Might be smaller abit, but never much more, unless your much more is just a couple of millimetres. Look at GH2, it is not really a very very small camera.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  7. #87

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Nonsense. You don't need an ovf to learn composition. An ovf will not improve your images.

    Take your 2 cents and invest them in knowledge.
    LOL chill. Like I say, I feel it's important. It's personal preference all down to. I'm a beginner as well but I'm quite old skool learner. Which is why I prefer to have ovf. Cheers!

  8. #88
    Member MechaEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ring of Fire
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpix View Post
    Mirrorless is the future of cameras. The end of big DSLRs is near.
    I disagree with this but that's a whole different thread altogether.

    TS: I think basically what we're saying is, you can't really go wrong with either. Both will give you much better images than your standard 300 buck PNS.

    The SG used market is robust enough that you can buy into one system and still go into another system should you decide to. Make a bit of a loss but you can still switch quite easily.

    To everyone who says 'I'll pick the camera that suits me when required', that's nice. But not everyone will want to invest in multiple systems. Most people are happy to stick with one system and that's it.

    @ Rashkae - Yes the 60D is not an entry level camera but it's not wrong to compare its OVF to a higher end MILC because only the higher end MILC's have them builtin. Of course, the lower end MILCs can buy the EVF lah.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaEd View Post
    @ Rashkae - Yes the 60D is not an entry level camera but it's not wrong to compare its OVF to a higher end MILC because only the higher end MILC's have them builtin. Of course, the lower end MILCs can buy the EVF lah.
    I was also referring to SLT cameras. Every level has an EVF.
    Alpha

  10. #90

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Thank you every1 for the help and contribution. I just got my OMD w 12-50mm (wallet empty liao.. haha)



    the size fit just nicely in my hand , *hand size is abt e circumference of the len when holding*


    hasnt fully explore it thou, but e evf was not tt bad (initially i tot it was blur [like gd eyesight pple wearing a short sighted lens] but i realised it can b adjusted at e side of e evf =D

    Personally not short sighted so not sure whether e adjustment of e evf will b useful for short sightedness pple who dunwan wear glasses while using it



    Hasnt read e manual guide yet..so if find me talking rubbish, pardon me =p

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    If it's a high quality EVF? Actually yes. There are advantages to never having to look away from the viewfinder, and getting a settings preview, and focus peaking, and "nightvision" at night, and a horizon level meter, and a live in-viewfinder histogram...

    And mind you, I'm an A900 user, which has one of the best OFVs ever put in a DSLR. But I can tell you there are some huge advantages to a good EVF.

    And remember, even "OVF" is relative. If it's those small little pentamirror boxes entry-level DSLRs give you, almost any EVF will be better.
    I'm a Sony dslr user too. But I have to make this comment

    If you are good, you are good, regardless of what crap camera you have to use.

    Technology will come and go. But your skills and fundamentals will always stay with you.

    Without EVF in the past, the pictures that were produced, are they worse than today's pictures taken?

    A swimmer will still able to swim well, regardless of what swimming trunk he is wearing.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Without EVF in the past, the pictures that were produced, are they worse than today's pictures taken?

    A swimmer will still able to swim well, regardless of what swimming trunk he is wearing.
    I agree. Though a modern EVF can make getting those same shots a lot easier.

    Just like the olympic swimmers are all using low-friction speedos, and even once used full-body low-friction suits (until the IOC banned them).

    The benefit of using modern technology is to improve poor implementations (cruddy little pentamirror boxes) with added benefits of modern technology, and to make things easier.

    If you had offered a good photographer in the 1950's a choice between the normal OVF and a modern EVF with all the settings and picture effects, etc - Which would he choose?

    It's not about "making shots better", but rather "making it easier to get the good shots". If your basic skill CMI then there's no technology that can help you.
    Alpha

  13. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    I agree. Though a modern EVF can make getting those same shots a lot easier.

    Just like the olympic swimmers are all using low-friction speedos, and even once used full-body low-friction suits (until the IOC banned them).

    The benefit of using modern technology is to improve poor implementations (cruddy little pentamirror boxes) with added benefits of modern technology, and to make things easier.

    If you had offered a good photographer in the 1950's a choice between the normal OVF and a modern EVF with all the settings and picture effects, etc - Which would he choose?

    It's not about "making shots better", but rather "making it easier to get the good shots". If your basic skill CMI then there's no technology that can help you.
    I'm particularly amazed by the new EVF horizontal and vertical guides on screen. It's good but the user is not learning anything nor improving his skills.

  14. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88

    I'm particularly amazed by the new EVF horizontal and vertical guides on screen. It's good but the user is not learning anything nor improving his skills.
    You mean our skills get better if we use bubble levels? that's something new
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  15. #95

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I'm particularly amazed by the new EVF horizontal and vertical guides on screen. It's good but the user is not learning anything nor improving his skills.
    oh really? it doesn't show the newbie that the horizon isn't straight? doesn't show the newbie which direction to tilt the camera?

  16. #96

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I'm particularly amazed by the new EVF horizontal and vertical guides on screen. It's good but the user is not learning anything nor improving his skills.
    Not sure wat your point is? Don't see how the guides are related to learning. Personally on the contracy, I feel that technology progress had help the user to learn more and easier.

  17. #97
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I'm particularly amazed by the new EVF horizontal and vertical guides on screen. It's good but the user is not learning anything nor improving his skills.
    Actually it is the same thing when you use a bubble spirit level thing. landscape guys usually use those, but in this case it is already implemented on the body itself. thing is sometimes, these level sensors are not too accurate.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  18. #98

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Actually it is the same thing when you use a bubble spirit level thing. landscape guys usually use those, but in this case it is already implemented on the body itself. thing is sometimes, these level sensors are not too accurate.
    So far, the one in the Sony is quite accurate. And very handy for the sweep panorama.
    Alpha

  19. #99

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Thanks and wow !!

    Dx format much better than 4/3 etc.

    50mm on 4/3 = 100mm, then why buy these toys ?
    There is a trade off between image quality and size.
    Mirrorless try to offer acceptable IQ and portability.

    It's like women, doesn't mean bigger is better for you .
    I'm just kiddin

  20. #100

    Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by wksoh View Post
    There is a trade off between image quality and size.
    Mirrorless try to offer acceptable IQ and portability.

    It's like women, doesn't mean bigger is better for you .
    I'm just kiddin
    On the contrary, i can also said that smaller is not necessary better

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •