Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

Default Re: Mirrorless or entry level DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by elvire View Post
    sorry, meaning?
    He said get an entry level DSLR like the D7000. Thing is, the D7000 is NOT an entry-level DSLR.

Easy logic, right?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

He said get an entry level DSLR like the D7000. Thing is, the D7000 is NOT an entry-level DSLR.

Easy logic, right?
    No.

I said TRY D7000 also.

TRYING is not a suggestion to BUY.

ALSO - implies in addition to what is being discussed.

TRYING is a good thing, widens your horizons.
    Last edited by lotus80; 3rd June 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    No.

I said TRY D7000 also.

TRYING is not a suggestion to BUY.

ALSO - implies in addition to what is being discussed.

TRYING is a good thing, widens your horizons.
    "Haven't read the big thread yet, but I'll suggest to also try Nikon D7000. "

TRYING to read a thread before posting is a good thing, widens your horizons and makes sure you only post relevant stuff.
    Alpha

I would recommend Mirrorless since there are models that are small size yet they can also do what you listed with added benefit of more easier to smuggle them into places where DSLR are not allowed and being mirrorless, barely any sound when taking pics.

Definitely the pics should be nicer then the usual run of the mill pns and handphone camera since you will have selection of lens to choose from.
    Last edited by Reportage; 3rd June 2012 at 10:58 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

"Haven't read the big thread yet, but I'll suggest to also try Nikon D7000. "

TRYING to read a thread before posting is a good thing, widens your horizons and makes sure you only post relevant stuff.
    That wasn't relevant either. Let the person decide, everyone else can make suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I would recommend Mirrorless since there are models that are small size yet they can also do what you listed with added benefit of more easier to smuggle them into places where DSLR are not allowed and being mirrorless, barely any sound when taking pics.

Definitely the pics should be nicer then the usual run of the mill pns and handphone camera since you will have selection of lens to choose from.
    Actually mirrorless still has shutter sound, unless it's RF or Ricoh GXR which has a separate electronic shutter

If need to go micro four third, why not consider EP3? Been using EP1 with 17mm f2.8 for 35mm worth of goodness. The internal stabilizer is good enough i wonder why they make new stabilizer system for EM5.

DSLR dont make you look pro either, everyone can afford it, people wears it everywhere especially during weekends like blings. I rather look low profile. If i can handle this with small camera, why bring heavy sets of equipments? But all depends on situation or what you will be shooting. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
    If need to go micro four third, why not consider EP3? Been using EP1 with 17mm f2.8 for 35mm worth of goodness. The internal stabilizer is good enough i wonder why they make new stabilizer system for EM5.

Did consider Ep3..cause dun have viewfinder [e shop assistant sae it cost ~$300 for e external 1] which add up to almost similiar to omd pricing [used to havin viewfinder =p ]

Ahh... I see... Viewfinder is always a great plus. Been using external optical viewfinder on EP1, not very accurate, cant see where im focusing too... Second hand EP2 maybe? Price difference can get you a few sets of external viewfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Prajna
    DSLR dont make you look pro either, everyone can afford it, people wears it everywhere especially during weekends like blings. I rather look low profile. If i can handle this with small camera, why bring heavy sets of equipments? But all depends on situation or what you will be shooting. Cheers
    There are pros and cons to dslr and mirrorless. If weight is the main consideration mirrorless is the way to go. I prefer dslrs for the ergonomics and ovf.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

i got the NEX-7 as my fun camera. basically just for chit-chat and dinner sessions etc with friends.

also for a back-up cam

If I was starting all over, I think I would have gone with the NEX or the OMD. However, I've been 'spoilt' by the DSLR. So for me, the NEX and the OMD won't be primary cameras for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Why to u care what your friends said? Plus why do you care if a camera is not professional looking enough for commercial work? If your friends said that then (pardon me saying this) your friend know ****. Even if they are professionals, I would definitely doubt their capability in this field, and if they are not professional, I would not take their words seriously.

You should read this article and show it to your friends.

How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment | Giulio Sciorio Blog

Finally do not let the so-call professional looking thingy get to you. As long as you can produce the image that your client like, they don't care what camera you use.
    Good one on this article n seriously i hv wanted to follow n sell all my gear but not at the moments. OMD is a tramp for I use them to shoot at Gaga concert with pana tele zoom still great

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Why to u care what your friends said? Plus why do you care if a camera is not professional looking enough for commercial work? If your friends said that then (pardon me saying this) your friend know ****. Even if they are professionals, I would definitely doubt their capability in this field, and if they are not professional, I would not take their words seriously.

You should read this article and show it to your friends.

How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment | Giulio Sciorio Blog

Finally do not let the so-call professional looking thingy get to you. As long as you can produce the image that your client like, they don't care what camera you use.
    This may be true in other countries... and in certain types of work.. but in singapore, you will run into a a lot of trouble if you use an m4/3 in a commercial/event shoot.

+1 to DSLR Camera because of ovf. I feel ovf is essential for a beginner to play with photography. Just my 2 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    This may be true in other countries... and in certain types of work.. but in singapore, you will run into a a lot of trouble if you use an m4/3 in a commercial/event shoot.
    Well... I am not a professional who earn my bread through photography, so I wouldn't know why people in Singapore are so particular to the type of camera you are using when shooting for commercial and event shoots. I mean, as long as I deliver what was expected of me, it should be good enough for the clients, isn't it?

Look at it this way, for example I might use a iphone, shoot fabulous shots that met with the standards and expectation of the shoot, while some other guy who uses a D4 or D800E or medium format camera (hassabalt) shoot with amatuer standard or no standards at all, and they got the job?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by lewissac View Post
    +1 to DSLR Camera because of ovf. I feel ovf is essential for a beginner to play with photography. Just my 2 cents worth
    And... why is OVF that essential for beginner to play with photography... and not EVF?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by lewissac View Post
    and your 2 cents is based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by lewissac
    Nonsense. You don't need an ovf to learn composition. An ovf will not improve your images.

Take your 2 cents and invest them in knowledge.
    Alpha

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast