Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are the photos taken by the DSLR really worth the EXTRA weight?!

Default Re: Are the photos taken by the DSLR really worth the EXTRA weight?!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    Thanks Rashkae lol. weren't u the one who was so negative.
    But nonetheless please guide me ok?
    just hope u dun make payment via western union. if u do. that's it, u will not see the camera and your money will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiee
    Hi ive noticed that many of the DSLR users carry bulky camera bags, and have to spend Long hours removing and setting up the camera before a photo shoot. Currently there are many other compact cameras which have almost instant start up and are super portable.

As you all know im Quite new to this aspect of photography. so i would like experienced users of DSLRs to give their openions?

thank you.
    It's all the same. Those using DSLR just want to have face.....

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    Might be possible that its a grey set . meaning, no local warranty. U will know when you get ur set and try to register the warranty from Canon website.
    TS bought a Nikon not a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    TS bought a Nikon not a Canon
    my bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

It's all the same. Those using DSLR just want to have face.....
    Oh really?
    Last edited by luckyorange; 19th March 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Lousy de My Flickr

iPhone 100s with f0.1 will not replace DSLR.
    Unless they put a FF sensor inside .... Who knows .. That possible.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Hi ive noticed that many of the DSLR users carry bulky camera bags, and have to spend Long hours removing and setting up the camera before a photo shoot. Currently there are many other compact cameras which have almost instant start up and are super portable.
    Understand the tradeoffs of each system and you will better appreciate the situation.

It is a balance of what you value more. If you are perfectly satisfied with what you are getting from PnS then that is really what you just need.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Understand the tradeoffs of each system and you will better appreciate the situation.

It is a balance of what you value more. If you are perfectly satisfied with what you are getting from PnS then that is really what you just need.

Ryan
    He/she already bought a D3100. But apparently thinks that shooting with a compact camera makes more sense than spending time preparing DSLR gear before a shoot.
    Alpha

You can buy camera bags from most shops like challenger, TK foto, MS Color, Alan Photo, Cathay photo etc... Most shops that sells cameras also sells bags and most camera accessories shops. Can try sgcamera store, redotphoto and also artworkfoto.... There is also crumpler... Can try lowepro, think-tank, domkey or other brands of bags...

(sorry if i am not suppose to name the shops) pls delete post or notify me so that i can edit if i violated the rules

Quote Originally Posted by meganut View Post
    You can buy camera bags from most shops like challenger, TK foto, MS Color, Alan Photo, Cathay photo etc... Most shops that sells cameras also sells bags and most camera accessories shops. Can try sgcamera store, redotphoto and also artworkfoto.... There is also crumpler... Can try lowepro, think-tank, domkey or other brands of bags...

(sorry if i am not suppose to name the shops) pls delete post or notify me so that i can edit if i violated the rules
    What's the point of listing all these bags in an unrelated thread?
    Alpha

Actually hor... I think it depends on what you are into photography for...

To be honest, when i started the hobby many years ago, I had secret dream of turning pro... Then I realised I too lazy to do it as a job.
    After that i thought i could just be an artist and shoot in my own lazy style... Then i realised I'm neither creative nor thick-skinned enough to pretend to be. So i sold off everything. That was about 5 years ago.

Now I am back with a newly purchased 600D. Reason? Bored. Just want to shoot and make friends again.

IMHO... best is to have something to shoot. Doesn't matter what you shoot with.

Bro, my 1 body + 1 lense is really very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the main problem is that most people bring every piece of equipment that they have.

if you only bring a camera and 1 lens it will not be that heavy.
    if you are passionate about making images then it would not bother you.

if you are bothered about it then maybe you should take it a step at a time
    P&S > mirrorless > DSLR > MF > LF

i myself use the camera that is best suited for the shoot.
    i use iphone/P&S/DSLR no money for MF and LF and RF

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Bro, my 1 body + 1 lense is really very heavy.
    That means you probably belong to the minority.. really big gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1978 View Post
    Definitely. Pictures are like memories, you want the really good ones.
    Yes a DSLR can shoot sharper/colorful/contrasty imagines as compared to a PNS.
    But many newbie or perhaps gear head dont seems to realize this..

There is a fine line between A good photo and A good imagine quality/sharp photo. The latter sometimes does not mean its a good photo..

Hi guys, after a long week end of all you guys encouragement, i bought a Nikon D3100 online from st701 after like comparing reliability and cost from like super alot online shops. (how come purchacing online is so much cheaper than retail sales? like $200 lower?)
    Initially thought of getting a second hand one but than gave up in the end cause tio scam also donno LOL.
    Err anyway thanks guys for your feedbacks and advice.
    Expecting my D3100 to be delivered soon this week.
    Hope to learn more from you guys.
    Now you are getting the body, next what lenses are you buying?

Try a gym subscription for the weight

D3100 is a nice camera. use it well and post more photos!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What's the point of listing all these bags in an unrelated thread?
    He asked where he can buy his bags.... (may refer to his post on his purchase of D3100 over the weekend)

I carry cheap plastic lens (my whole set costs less than $1000..all 2nd hand). Shoots ok photos. Cannot go competition. but feel satisfied.

Generally cheap plastic lens are lighter, too. They don't hurt your heart so much when accidentally hitting objects when moving (i am a clumsy person), or your wallet if you ever drop them. Hope that helps. Using Canon 50mm F1.8, Canon 28-55mm EF (this is a really cheap plastic lens which I don't know how much it costs). all very light. no flash, no spare batts, etc. so not much "extra" weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    I carry cheap plastic lens (my whole set costs less than $1000..all 2nd hand). Shoots ok photos. Cannot go competition. but feel satisfied.

Generally cheap plastic lens are lighter, too. They don't hurt your heart so much when accidentally hitting objects when moving (i am a clumsy person), or your wallet if you ever drop them. Hope that helps. Using Canon 50mm F1.8, Canon 28-55mm EF (this is a really cheap plastic lens which I don't know how much it costs). all very light. no flash, no spare batts, etc. so not much "extra" weight.
    Winning in photography competitions doesn't always mean you're good. It means you've got the shot that the organizer of the competition wants. In most competitions, the organizers are not looking for the best photos in terms of technical ability, composition, etc. They are looking for a way to get cheap photos to use, and they will state that they reserve all the rights to all the photos that get submitted and can use them without permission from the photographer (in some cases where they are not so greedy, they only reserve the rights of the winning photos, and if they are greedy, use the photos without crediting the photographer).

So, if you don't win competitions, it doesn't mean you're not good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast