Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are the photos taken by the DSLR really worth the EXTRA weight?!

Default Re: Are the photos taken by the DSLR really worth the EXTRA weight?!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    What is currently the most portable DSLR produced now?
    and what is the Pros and Cons other than the size when compared to other full sized DSLR
    My post #24 in the thread; just above this post of yours gave the perfect answer to all your doubts and queries. Just buy the set... beautiful camera, light in weight, light in use, great images. What else do you want?

Please read the comments before you post any further query. I doubt you're following the thread.
    Last edited by shierwin; 16th March 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add-on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    My post #24 in the thread; just above this post of yours gave the perfect answer to all your doubts and queries. Just buy the set... beautiful camera, light in weight, light in use, great images. What else do you want?

Please read the comments before you post any further query. I doubt you're following the thread.
    Problem is, the M9 is not a DSLR.... it is a rangefinder...

U think we carry heavy stuffs for fun meh?

Anyway, I recommend u to try out micro four third cameras
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Hi ive noticed that many of the DSLR users carry bulky camera bags, and have to spend Long hours removing and setting up the camera before a photo shoot. Currently there are many other compact cameras which have almost instant start up and are super portable.

As you all know im Quite new to this aspect of photography. so i would like experienced users of DSLRs to give their openions?

thank you.
    i bring compact every where inside my wife bag... and a dslr is inside my car boot baking most of the time...
    dslr is needed when i prefer thru the lens view and close to zero shuttler lag...
    and faster af...
    life is but a dream...

Do what you think it's the best for yourself. Even though the experts say it's worth the effort, you yourself need to have the belief. We can't force it down your throat.
    D200

ONLY if it produces better PHOTOS (note: not better image quality) for you.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Truly a question that can only be answered by you, try it and let us know your opinion. Talking about it is very different than actually doing it, there are things that people can tell you and then there are things that you have to experience yourselves.

People use DSLR NOT because they want to do weight lifting and photography together
    They use DSLR because it deliver the results.

If you are concern about weight of the DSLR.
    It means that you don't need a DSLR.
    If you need a DSLR, the weight is the last thing you need to worry about.

If you don't know about the limitations of the small sensor compact camera.
    It also means that you don't need a DSLR.
    If you know the limitations, you don't really have a choice but to use the DSLR.

I use the DSLR because it is the only way I can get the result I want.
    I have already tried to get the result with the small sensor compact camera but it is not possible.
    I don't like the weight and bulky DSLR body but I don't really have a choice.

For fast moving action shots I am shooting, the smaller camera cannot get the job done.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Hi Georgiee, I concur with yutaka Go that DSLR is a prerequisite for quality and resolution but for certain photographic situations, all other formats have it's uses and advantages.Let's be rational in your choice of camera to capture your time in a foreign country while
    pursuing higher studies as mentioned in your other post.There are realities you should be aware of and that the foreign place is unlike
    the Singapore you grew up in.Economic realities and difference in cultural attitudes means you should keep a low profile so as not to
    bring attention to yourself which may compromise your safety and personal wellbeing if you get the drift.You may have heard of asian
    students in Canada flaunting their wealth by driving branded cars and living in luxury homes and the tragic incidents.

My recommendation is an advanced compact camera that has manual controls that you can slip into your backpack or pocket.
    That will satisfy your requirements of light weight and flexibilty.In the event the camera is lost or damaged it is of no concern or economic pain.You get to capture the times of your life to share with family and friends. Don't worry about quality if you only use photos for webpage or sharing it is good enough to be sure.
    Last edited by one eye jack; 18th March 2012 at 02:17 PM.

my samsung galaxy note 8mp camera do the job good as well !

Hi guys, after a long week end of all you guys encouragement, i bought a Nikon D3100 online from st701 after like comparing reliability and cost from like super alot online shops. (how come purchacing online is so much cheaper than retail sales? like $200 lower?)
    Initially thought of getting a second hand one but than gave up in the end cause tio scam also donno LOL.
    Err anyway thanks guys for your feedbacks and advice.
    Expecting my D3100 to be delivered soon this week.
    Hope to learn more from you guys.

ANY WAY, you guys got any second hand camera bags to sell?
    Or do u guys know anywhere i can get it?

Might be possible that its a grey set . meaning, no local warranty. U will know when you get ur set and try to register the warranty from Canon website.

Hi guys, after a long week end of all you guys encouragement, i bought a Nikon D3100 online from st701 after like comparing reliability and cost from like super alot online shops. (how come purchacing online is so much cheaper than retail sales? like $200 lower?)
    Initially thought of getting a second hand one but than gave up in the end cause tio scam also donno LOL.
    Err anyway thanks guys for your feedbacks and advice.
    Expecting my D3100 to be delivered soon this week.
    Hope to learn more from you guys.

ANY WAY, you guys got any second hand camera bags to sell?
    Or do u guys know anywhere i can get it?

But its by SPH right? pretty big locally? donno.

But its by SPH right? pretty big locally? donno.
    No, that website allows anyone to post whatever they want to. If you transferred money via western union you will never see the camera. SPH has NOTHING to do with anything that is sold there, it's all posted by anyone who wants to post something.
    Alpha

Well, enjoy your camera.
    Alpha

Thanks Rashkae lol. weren't u the one who was so negative.
    But nonetheless please guide me ok?

Thanks Rashkae lol. weren't u the one who was so negative.
    But nonetheless please guide me ok?
    I was not negative. I was just blunt. To me though, the D3100 is not the "smart buy" but in the end it's your choice.
    Alpha

Its ok i will start on from here on.
    Any way resale value of DSLRs are pretty high as seen from the forum market place
    Shall take care of it properly so that one day can upgrade.

Don't buy also buy liao. What to do?

Just hope that everything will be fine.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast