Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

  1. #21
    oldbird
    Guests

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    What have you done Alan? yeah, i was 1 of the founding member, not happy u leave lor, no one owe you anything. every threads they close must give reason? you think they robot? you think they work 24/7? get real.
    Jan 2002 member!!! now I know why you are called ninelives

    anyway is not really about closing thread must give reason. It is about mods/admin treating other people politely, in their posts/actions. If Simon had the time to craft a public reply, should not it be slightly more polite? Or maybe due to my history with Chngpe01, I am overly sensitive and I am "blindsided" to the work the mods had to do behind the scenes.

  2. #22
    oldbird
    Guests

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    oldbird,

    this is what you posted; "Second thing, frankly, the only reason I am staying in CS and tolerating the attitude of the admin/moderators here is because this unfortunately is the only LOCAL Photo site that has appreciable traffic for me to post my photos."

    basically you are complaining about the attitude of ALL the admin/moderators here. have you treated the mods and admin with respect as you have claimed?
    what have i done as a mod to deserve such a rude attack from you?

    pls reflect upon your own actions before attacking the actions of others.

    cheers,
    z.
    Zaren,
    I know you as one of the nicest mods around

    I did not include the word "All" in my original post but I agree with you my post is ambiguous and it is probably fair to assume that it could mean all or at least most of the mods. Sorry for that but I am sure (hopefully) you know that I did not mean you.

    Even so, that post is hardly rude. In my initial post, I have not called the mods/admin any names nor attacked them personally. "tolerated" just mean there is something I am not happy with about the mods/admin. I don't know we could discuss this for days with no conclusion as it is very subjective.

    I really thought that it was unfair to assume people anyhow post because they are anonymous which is not the case. Many of us are not anonymous.

    my initial public post. Is that really rude?

    AT the risk of being derigistered, I would like to comments a little on this.

    I think it is plain unfair to think that people are irresponsible in their comments because they are under the cover of anonymity. I think the TS in the above thread for one is not anonymous since Nikon can easily trace him from service records. I don't think the TS is rude nor overly inaccurate in his comments.

    Neither am I anonymous because I have posted my family travel pics a zillion times on CS. I could furnish you my NRIC number if that helps.

    Second thing, frankly, the only reason I am staying in CS and tolerating the attitude of the admin/moderators here is because this unfortunately is the only LOCAL Photo site that has appreciable traffic for me to post my photos.

    Sometimes, I wished CS was the way it was many years back. Sure we had flame wars over brands and heated discussions but ...

    maybe I should just SHUTUP as I am not willing to leave Clubsnap as there is no where (local photo forum) to go....

  3. #23
    oldbird
    Guests

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    i hope he complains less, and contributes more, then we can all make CS a nicer forum for all.
    Zaren, I really did try since I re-registered in 2009 and I think actions speak louder than words.

  4. #24
    oldbird
    Guests

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Thanks for Mods for posting my initial reply as it was something I took time to write, a bit long winded I know, and giving me the right of reply.

    From the various replies, I am beginning to see the other side (mod/admin) of things. Something which I did not see in 2008.

    As I said, I am not anonymous in this Forum, I or my wife or my baby girl probably have friends in CS. It is probably not good to argue too much on this. It is nice to get it off my chest though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    take it easy, let it go.


    before posting a reply, take some time to think through. i would think that it is pointless to get all upset over someone else's post or reply and letting it ruin ur day/life.



    being a moderator/admin in ClubSnap is a tough job. i should know. kekekeke

    i stand by the decision of the moderators/admins and support them. they have a very tough job and deserve all the cooperation and help they can get from the members.


    cheers and have a nice weekend!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Maybe better for TS join our Liverpool thread club!! It will let you enjoy anger, happiness and most of the time amused in one single 90 minutes!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Maybe better for TS join our Liverpool thread club!! It will let you enjoy anger, happiness and most of the time amused in one single 90 minutes!!!
    no, oldbird should join liverpool and MU thread. no moderation......

  8. #28

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbird View Post
    Thanks for Mods for posting my initial reply as it was something I took time to write, a bit long winded I know, and giving me the right of reply.

    From the various replies, I am beginning to see the other side (mod/admin) of things. Something which I did not see in 2008.

    As I said, I am not anonymous in this Forum, I or my wife or my baby girl probably have friends in CS. It is probably not good to argue too much on this. It is nice to get it off my chest though.


    good to hear that, oldbird/alan.

    perhaps you might want to take up geno's offer of photoshoot and kopi?

    cheers,
    z.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  9. #29

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    no, oldbird should join liverpool and MU thread. no moderation......
    all threads are moderated....but so far the MU and LFC threads have been relatively well behaved.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  10. #30
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbird View Post
    From this thread.



    Chngpe01,


    You say you spent a lot of time organising things while people like me did nothing. What is CLUBSNAP? Is it a place where we organise events like Ganbatte, photography talks or is it first and foremost a forum where people gather and share PICTURES and POSTS about photography.

    ........

    Seriously, if you get all those disillusioned old birds to gather in another forum, we could probably give CS a run for its money. Unfortunately, there is no coordinated actions.
    Yes I spent alot of time and my own $ behind the scene for CS, I could have spend more time and $ with my family to go traveling and take pictures and "share" them in CS. So ppl know me as a person who has $ to go travel often with family... got good job that travel alot and also boost my ego with the beautiful pics and praises from friends online....


    ClubSNAP is not only an online community to just share images and post about photography. It is more than that, events like first friday at SAM, ClubsNAP live at SAM are initiated by me and of course with a few dedicated mods we make it a regular features that give members free talks on photography and photo related topics to help them in their pursuit of this hobby. Many have benefitted and in fact when we stop the talks in 1st qtr of this year. Many have asked and are waiting for more of such events. Who benefit from such event? obviously, the members in ClubSNAP

    Giving back to society is a noble pursuit and something a responsible online community should do. The act of getting members to participate in events that help others and do our part for the overall good of community (in this world), give them a sense pride to be in a community like ClubSNAP, who are not selfish and inward looking but a responsible community both online and offline.

    If you think organising Ganbatte Japan is easy? Try organising a photo charity and just do a small part of asking for venue sponsor from any big landloard in Singapore.

    The "old time" and past is important, however we cannot just talk about old time and remain as it was. The past is the foundation for the future to be built on. If ClubSNAP is to remain just as an online forum for members to just only post pictures and discuss equipment, we would have already be history. Many online forums were form and many are gone or barely surviving, it is challenging to stay relevant. And even more challenging if there are disillusioned ppl who just like to come in and challenge every decision and action the Admin and mod made and even threatening to leave and form their own forum. You are right about "coordinated actions".... with so many disillusioned ppl in one place you think there will be coordinated action? and any sense of direction? its just not only about coordinated action it is a question of how much personal sacrifices (incl time and $ from your own pocket) you are willing to give.... which is quite obvious isn't it? All the mod and admin here do sacrifice their time and personal expenses without question.... are you willing and can you get a group of disillusioned ppl to do the same without any gratification ?

    I am outright curt, frank and do not like to waste much time and straight to the point and do perceive as rude at times ... and I do not hold any apologies for that. As in any normal human relation, there are some who just hate me for my guts and there are also some who just love it.... either way it is fine with me.

    Finally, if you want to remain in this community you can do so under another nick, but no need to announce your entrance like what you have done... ie starting a first thread like this. You follow the OB markers and don't get personal with me... I will not bother with you.

    I will de-register this nick and close this thread as you have already exercise your rights to post and I to reply - no need to waste time and bandwidth for any debate.

    Just a gentle reminder, do not do any ninja stunt of being a member here while opening another forum and pulling members here over quietly. Many have done so and many were caught.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 19th March 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •