Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 140

Thread: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal camera

  1. #81

    Default

    SLR is usually film based...

    DSLR is digital format...

  2. #82

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Facepalm, you couldnt even google "What is SLR?" or "difference between DSLR and SLR?"



    Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    Hmmm anyway i was browsing through the web and saw Someone selling this Nikon F100. Its an SLR camera.
    What function does a DSLR have that an SLR doesnt other than Lens changing

  3. #83

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I would not buy it... It's an older model, and no built-in AF motor. If I'm on a budget I'd rather get Pentax/Sony, more value for money and the same sensor as the Nikon cameras.
    I agree with brother Rashkae.... if you are price sensitive, for the price of a Nikon D3100, I will consider to buy a Pentax K-r or Sony A33.... What I am trying to say, is to consider other options in the same price range cos you might be missing out on better buys if you were to plunge into a DSLR that the salesman tells you that its good...

    The ISO performance and IQ on the Sony and Pentax are amazing.. for that price you are getting 6-7fps which can only be found in the more expensive dslr of the red and yellow label...

    Dun get me wrong, the D3100 is a fantastic camera, I personally like it and I did recommend 2 of my friends to buy that camera, which they did cos they were ex-nikon users D40x and D60... Nikon makes awesome cameras... what I am saying is to broaden your options...

  4. #84
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,335

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    Hmmm anyway i was browsing through the web and saw Someone selling this Nikon F100. Its an SLR camera.
    What function does a DSLR have that an SLR doesnt other than Lens changing
    If one cannot tell the difference between a SLR and a DSLR, what's more can be said.
    We're spending too much time with his threads and getting us nowhere.
    Good day

  5. #85

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    "D" stands for "Digital". Now use a bit of basic common sense and extrapolation...

    Goodness, if you're this helpless in school as well, I see a bleak future for Singapore...
    Alpha

  6. #86

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Come, open your mouth, ahhh...

    That's why they say we are spoonfeeding our younger generation here in Singapore here..

    Together with our government paving the study route since young, our local singaporeans' future is getting darker and darker as we speak..

    You will be b1tchslapped by foreigners when you enter the working force..

  7. #87

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    DUDE im trying to learn can... KEEP your negative comments to yourself please.
    I know u have experience and whatsoever but your character suck to the core.
    anyway its against the rule for personal attack. please show some respect.

  8. #88

    Default

    Learning starts from self initiative.

    If you can post a reply here, I'm sure you can also google for the differences between SLR and DSLR.

    No offence here, really.

  9. #89
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica
    Learning starts from self initiative.

    If you can post a reply here, I'm sure you can also google for the differences between SLR and DSLR.

    No offence here, really.
    I believe putting the message across like this would be better than flaming the TS like what bro Sam and raskae is doing
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  10. #90
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    DSLR - Digital Single lens Reflex (at present there is APS-C sensor, APS-H sensor and Full frame sensor).
    SLR - Single Lens reflex (mostly use to address film interchangeable lens system - but not rangefinder and the such)
    DSLT - Digital Single Lens Translucent (by the way, there is no such thing as film based SLT)
    Mirroless interchangeable lens system - this is also an interchangeable lens system that didn't have the mirror in it (at present moment there is APS-C sensor mirrorless system and m4/3 sensor mirrorless sensor)

    Also read about,

    1) ISO
    2) Aperture
    3) shutter speed

    And how they relate to each other.

    Next read about,

    1) lighting - natural and artificial and how these would affect your setting
    2) composition
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  11. #91

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    DUDE im trying to learn can... KEEP your negative comments to yourself please.
    I know u have experience and whatsoever but your character suck to the core.
    anyway its against the rule for personal attack. please show some respect.
    It's is also in the rules to SEARCH before you POST, so if you want to talk about the rules, then please follow them yourself.

    You may say my character "sucks to the core" (now who is throwing personal attacks?) but to me, people who expect to be given fish instead of showing initiative and trying to learn how to fish have a character that "sucks to the core". There is a difference between trying to learn by actually exploring on your own, and trying to learn by expecting others to spoonfeed everything. Respect is earned, not deserved - Guess which of the 2 I would respect?

    Negative comments are part and parcel of learning btw. Not sure if you only attended schools where everyone is a happy go lucky, molly-cuddled carebear, but the best schools are the ones that give negative comments and make students learn on their own.
    Alpha

  12. #92

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    First, we are not even using our experience to laugh or jeer at you. Despite our repeated advice to ask you to read up, you continue to shoot repeated senseless questions where you can find out easily. We have taken time and effort to answer your questions one by one, and you still continue to abuse us.

    Read all the comments above, we are telling you to read up instead of being a sloth, expecting us to answer every of your questions without any significant effort or initative to read up or check out.

    Note that my earlier comment is aiming the younger generation who expected to be spoonfeed. Unless you think you are one.

    btw Nice attitude..


    Quote Originally Posted by georgiee View Post
    DUDE im trying to learn can... KEEP your negative comments to yourself please.
    I know u have experience and whatsoever but your character suck to the core.
    anyway its against the rule for personal attack. please show some respect.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    (by the way, there is no such thing as film based SLT)
    Technically, Canon's pellix was close.
    Alpha

  14. #94

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Been saying since the earlier messages but he continue to abuse and start up another thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I believe putting the message across like this would be better than flaming the TS like what bro Sam and raskae is doing

  15. #95

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I believe putting the message across like this would be better than flaming the TS like what bro Sam and raskae is doing
    This is not even close to flaming. It is simply telling the truth, though some people do not like the truth.
    Alpha

  16. #96
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    It's is also in the rules to SEARCH before you POST, so if you want to talk about the rules, then please follow them yourself.

    You may say my character "sucks to the core" (now who is throwing personal attacks?) but to me, people who expect to be given fish instead of showing initiative and trying to learn how to fish have a character that "sucks to the core". There is a difference between trying to learn by actually exploring on your own, and trying to learn by expecting others to spoonfeed everything. Respect is earned, not deserved - Guess which of the 2 I would respect?

    Negative comments are part and parcel of learning btw. Not sure if you only attended schools where everyone is a happy go lucky, molly-cuddled carebear, but the best schools are the ones that give negative comments and make students learn on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Gor
    First, we are not even using our experience to laugh or jeer at you. Despite our repeated advice to ask you to read up, you continue to shoot repeated senseless questions where you can find out easily. We have taken time and effort to answer your questions one by one, and you still continue to abuse us.

    Read all the comments above, we are telling you to read up instead of being a sloth, expecting us to answer every of your questions without any significant effort or initative to read up or check out.

    Note that my earlier comment is aiming the younger generation who expected to be spoonfeed. Unless you think you are one.

    btw Nice attitude..
    Okok enough with the hostilities. Let's just go back to our merry little discussion alright? U all just chillax
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  17. #97
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Gor
    Been saying since the earlier messages but he continue to abuse and start up another thread...
    Ayia how can he abuse u? Just dont reply lo :P
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  18. #98
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    This is not even close to flaming. It is simply telling the truth, though some people do not like the truth.
    Can't argue with that. But still I think a softer approach is better.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  19. #99

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Can't argue with that. But still I think a softer approach is better.
    Well, that's where we can agree to disagree. I feel that the TS is old enough to handle being talked to like an adult.
    Alpha

  20. #100

    Default Re: Can any one gove me a brief explanation as to how a DSLR excells over a normal ca

    He is actually abusing the forum. Given every new guy, we are going to expect to entertain similar questions with repeated threads.
    This is data maintenance in the forum.

    Note that I am only speaking the truth, nothin more. Appreciate if the TS can learn and stop relying to such a degree.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •