14th March 2012, 12:02 AM
hokkaido (winter or spring?)
Since there are many frequent travelers here. Got a coupe of questions to ask for a trip.
I'm planning on going to hokkaido, preferbably between jan to feb next year. Understand it will still be covered with snow.
Besides skiing which I wanna go, are there any other actii can do during the winter periods? And are the national parks open? How's the scenery?
Would like spring time be a better choice? (My main priority is skiing)
What's the cheapest way to travel to hokkaido from toyko or osaka? Jal and ana flights are ex. Any cheaper 1s?
14th March 2012, 10:04 AM
Re: hokkaido (winter or spring?)
- Attend the annual snow fest in Sapporo in Feb
- Soak in onsen while its snowing at Sounkyu, Mt. Taisetsu-zan National park
- Visit Asashikawa zoo and their penguin on parade?
- Romantic Otaru, very laid back nostalgic place ....
- Visit the Crane reserve in Kushiro
- Ice breaker cruise?
- Cherry blossom in late April to mid May depending on weather conditions
- Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park in mid Spring?
- Furano for the colorful fields, lavender, tulips, pink moss and etc (check season)
plenty more things to do on different seasons.
Cheapest way there? fly to Beijing and taking a flight on China Airline there?