Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Terms

  1. #1

    Default Terms

    Hi guyz, am new here, would like to ask what is a teleconverter? What does it do? and wat is vignetting?
    thks, will aprreciate your reply
    win

  2. #2

    Default

    Teleconverter allows you to zoom in more. It's a lens you screw on to the front of your camera lens.

    Vignetting is when the edges become blocked so that it looks like you're looking through a tunnel.

  3. #3

    Default

    Welcome to Clubsnap
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  4. #4

    Default

    insert pom pom girls!

    welcome!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Teleconverter allows you to zoom in more. It's a lens you screw on to the front of your camera lens.
    Sorry, isn't teleconverter a tube with lens element inserted between camera body and the lens ?
    As far as I know, a teleconverter never been screwed on to the front of the lens like a filter. Probably you mistaken with close up attachment.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by tsdh

    Sorry, isn't teleconverter a tube with lens element inserted between camera body and the lens ?
    As far as I know, a teleconverter never been screwed on to the front of the lens like a filter. Probably you mistaken with close up attachment.
    StreetShooter is referring to teleconvertors meant for con/prosumer digital cameras (e.g. Canon G2, Nikon Coolpix etc). These are afocal teleconvertors, and they do not reduce the light coming into it by their multiplication factor. E.g. The Nikon TC-E2 2x teleconvertor for the Coolpix does not reduce light by 2 stops.

    The teleconvertor you are referring to are designed for SLRs. They attach between the lens and the camera, and reduce light by their magnifcation factor (1.4x reduces 1 stop, 2x reduces 2 stop).

    Regards
    CK

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    StreetShooter is referring to teleconvertors meant for con/prosumer digital cameras (e.g. Canon G2, Nikon Coolpix etc). These are afocal teleconvertors, and they do not reduce the light coming into it by their multiplication factor. E.g. The Nikon TC-E2 2x teleconvertor for the Coolpix does not reduce light by 2 stops.

    The teleconvertor you are referring to are designed for SLRs. They attach between the lens and the camera, and reduce light by their magnifcation factor (1.4x reduces 1 stop, 2x reduces 2 stop).

    Regards
    CK
    Thanks for your clarification. Sorry that I'm not get used to consumer digicam yet. Probably someday I need to get one.
    Just wondering: if those consumer digicam teleconverter can multiply the lens focal length without reducing the light, why SLR teleconverter was not designed in the same way?
    there must be some reasons...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •