Thread: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

Default Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon...-centre-3.html

see above link.

Many of you DO NOT understand why the Admin or Moderators in ClubSNAP are so busy body involving in mitigating the issue.

FYI, we are protecting everyone interest here.

Freedom of Speech comes with a COST.

If any of you feel they have the very rights to post whatever they want here, SURE, send me a copy of your NRIC or Passport and a letter indicating you will be responsible for any legal actions pursue by other parties.

If not, SHUTUP or leave ClubSNAP.
    AT the risk of being derigistered, I would like to comments a little on this.

I think it is plain unfair to think that people are irresponsible in their comments because they are under the cover of anonymity. I think the TS in the above thread for one is not anonymous since Nikon can easily trace him from service records. I don't think the TS is rude nor overly inaccurate in his comments.

Neither am I anonymous because I have posted my family travel pics a zillion times on CS. I could furnish you my NRIC number if that helps.

Second thing, frankly, the only reason I am staying in CS and tolerating the attitude of the admin/moderators here is because this unfortunately is the only LOCAL Photo site that has appreciable traffic for me to post my photos.

Sometimes, I wished CS was the way it was many years back. Sure we had flame wars over brands and heated discussions but ...

maybe I should just SHUTUP as I am not willing to leave Clubsnap as there is no where (local photo forum) to go....

Default Re: Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

I don't think any of the admins nor mods are lawyers, and thus is easier to apply a blanket ruling regarding such issues than to allow it to happen then discuss what the fallout may be. Again, they are not being paid to be admins and mods. They are not paid to catch sh!t from any repercussions from what members may say in the forum. Sometimes how they word their statements may not be pleasant, but try to look from their perspective and the gist of their message.

I may be wrong but many years back the threat of a legal letter wasn't a common bully-tactic. Compared to now where seemingly anyone is vulnerable to someone else for just implying or insinuating a situation. Yesteryear was better, but times have changed.

Compared to other local forum like HWZ, CS is much smaller and closed-knit community. I think most of us, and the admins & mods would prefer no negative publicity. If anyone wants to raise a strongly worded issue against any powerhouse brand, I think they should do it on their own time and not conveniently use CS as the platform. It's not just about tracking down the one person responsible, it's about not pulling down the man beside you.

You don't need to shutup, just cool down. Whenever someone irks you just take a break from CS la... that's what we ordinary members are free to do any time. Others do not have this luxury.

I totally agree alantkh opinion. I presume it is under the best interest of everyone regardless of status that we treat each other in responsible manners and also as friendly as possible in order for a nice environment to share photography related issues in this forum. While I am not a long timer in this forum, I do not agree that admins come into the scene and put their intention across in manners of "take it or leave it". Not only does this cause more enquiries as such, neither does it send the intended message across to the community.

Personally the previous statements made by TS in the previous thread are neither slanderous in my opinion. No need to flame, it is just my opinions. First of all no names are mentioned. If giving a branding negative opinions brings about slander, I am sure we will have tons happening around all the time. Next TS did make the necessary clarifications when question about facts. also TS is responsible enough to find out the mentioned people names and make attempt to not falsely accused innocent parties. In all his statements, I feel they are made as objectively as possible in his terms with no bad attitudes nor anger.

If moderators and admin would like to correct his words and findings as incorrect in the first place, I believe a more gentle approach can be used instead of snapping at TS using strong words. While this forum is not paid and neither are admins and moderators as mentioned, that doesn't render the need for such actions taken.

I believe TS just wants to have his opinions heard, if this is not the place, where do you suppose is the suitable place? As far as I can see up to this point, I sense a strong application of threatening involved which is uncalled for. No, I won't leave either and neither will I shutup. If voicing out is not relevant, maybe we should just stop this community, because voicing out doesn't necessary has to be in union. This is the freedom that should be exercise.

Last but not least, I am not here to pick a fight. I just hope we can discuss amicably when opinions differs. BTW like alantkh, I also have the least anonymity to offer. Read my nick.
    Last edited by David Kwok; 13th March 2012 at 04:40 AM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

IMHO, I believe in house rules and respecting the house owners.

Some people would, as a guest, walk into the owner's house, sat on the owner's seat without asking, pull the legs on the table and starts complaining about the house; don't like the colors of the wall, the tables are lousy, his wife is ugly and his children are noisy. Complains that life in this house, sucks... Then the guest picks a fight with the house owner's neighbors... souring an otherwise nice relationship. Does the house owner deserves all these?

While we thinks we are suffering and tolerating the house owner, BUT, isn't it the other way round? Did we forgot who's the owner and who's the guest? The entitlement attitude sometimes is just way too strong. Fight for your rights, but also have to respect those of others.

When it goes out of hand, the house owners have to protect his home, ask the nice guest to leave.

Can the house owner be angry? Why not? Only the guests have rights?

Things happens for a reason. Karma, cause and effect at work.

JMH2C
    Last edited by sjackal; 13th March 2012 at 06:47 AM.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I am adding my 2-cent comment. 1st we must thanks the initiators of CS. We have all enjoyed this forum and benefit in one way or another. I believe the admin and mods are volunteers and they are putting in their times to make this site enjoyable for people of the lime mind.

With this as the primary objective of the forum, all we need is a little more respect for each others. Avoid using strong words and always keep an open mind. If you find anything 'offensive' or not appropriate, just wait a while before you respond. Sometimes you may not have fully understand the other party.

As admin and mods, there is no reasons to be rude. You have all the power to ban or remove the post if you feel a particular post is inappropriate. what I came across in other forums is they will give the 1st warning. Failing to comply, the post will be removed or that nick ban.

Let's all work together to keep this community happy. We are all here to enjoy not to create enemy. This is one of the more active forum. From posts I read in other forums, many were turned away by nasty remarks which are not necessary.

Last but not least. Do be responsible with your post. If admin or mods caution you, you have to acknowledge and refrain from continuing with your remarks. They are responsible for the site and do not want to be caught in any legal issues. Bring your dispute private.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon...-centre-3.html

see above link.

AT the risk of being derigistered, I would like to comments a little on this.

I think it is plain unfair to think that people are irresponsible in their comments because they are under the cover of anonymity. I think the TS in the above thread for one is not anonymous since Nikon can easily trace him from service records. I don't think the TS is rude nor overly inaccurate in his comments.

Neither am I anonymous because I have posted my family travel pics a zillion times on CS. I could furnish you my NRIC number if that helps.

Second thing, frankly, the only reason I am staying in CS and tolerating the attitude of the admin/moderators here is because this unfortunately is the only LOCAL Photo site that has appreciable traffic for me to post my photos.

Sometimes, I wished CS was the way it was many years back. Sure we had flame wars over brands and heated discussions but ...

maybe I should just SHUTUP as I am not willing to leave Clubsnap as there is no where (local photo forum) to go....
    You have been deregistered before for your troublemaking past in CS and we have tolerated you by having you registered in your new nick. However,you seems to be bent on taking issues with admin and moderator esp me (as I was the one who first dereg you a couple of years back ). You want to be here you follow OUR rules, if not please leave. In this case we are evicting you since you cannot tolorate too.... good riddance to bad rubbish!

We have put in alot of our time $ and personal resources for the good of this community, organsing 1st Fri talk @ SAM , Live at SAM all for free and at who's time and $ - ours! we even did Ganbatte Japan and raise $ for the Tsunami victims. What have you done Alan? just type the keyboard and criticise and talk bad about the mod and admin. Its is frustrating, facing rubbish like you and some others, that made many do not want to take up our offers be moderators here. We do not even ask for gratitude or any hint of gratefulness ... . To people like you we just give you a special treatment ie. the same type of treatment you give us. I personally do not take pleasure in dereging ppl here but I also do not aim to be a mr nice and popular in this forum too. We just do what we need to and remember we are also human and have temperament too.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 13th March 2012 at 10:30 AM.

ClubSNAP Admin

You ought to check with the TS if the comments I make is for everyone own good before posting your 2cents comments here.

Again I would like to emphasize, closing of threads and issuing of warning without giving any explanations many times is to protect the TS.

You have no idea how many times we receive calls and emails from authorities, business entity, lawyer with court order etc, asking for informations on TS whom have posted certains sensitive topics in ClubSNAP.

Freedom come with a responsibility, posting online does not make you immune to legal actions, law suit etc.

FYI, I do not do threats, if I want to De-Register someone, I do not inform nor need to post a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    I totally agree alantkh opinion. I presume it is under the best interest of everyone regardless of status that we treat each other in responsible manners and also as friendly as possible in order for a nice environment to share photography related issues in this forum. While I am not a long timer in this forum, I do not agree that admins come into the scene and put their intention across in manners of "take it or leave it". Not only does this cause more enquiries as such, neither does it send the intended message across to the community.

Personally the previous statements made by TS in the previous thread are neither slanderous in my opinion. No need to flame, it is just my opinions. First of all no names are mentioned. If giving a branding negative opinions brings about slander, I am sure we will have tons happening around all the time. Next TS did make the necessary clarifications when question about facts. also TS is responsible enough to find out the mentioned people names and make attempt to not falsely accused innocent parties. In all his statements, I feel they are made as objectively as possible in his terms with no bad attitudes nor anger.

If moderators and admin would like to correct his words and findings as incorrect in the first place, I believe a more gentle approach can be used instead of snapping at TS using strong words. While this forum is not paid and neither are admins and moderators as mentioned, that doesn't render the need for such actions taken.

I believe TS just wants to have his opinions heard, if this is not the place, where do you suppose is the suitable place? As far as I can see up to this point, I sense a strong application of threatening involved which is uncalled for. No, I won't leave either and neither will I shutup. If voicing out is not relevant, maybe we should just stop this community, because voicing out doesn't necessary has to be in union. This is the freedom that should be exercise.

Last but not least, I am not here to pick a fight. I just hope we can discuss amicably when opinions differs. BTW like alantkh, I also have the least anonymity to offer. Read my nick.