Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

  1. #1

    Default 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Hi,
    Juz wondering if shops (Cathay, etc) selling specilized equipment offer 0% instalment credit card plans for purchases. Will understand of they have a 3 to 5% surcharge.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeloong
    Hi,
    Juz wondering if shops (Cathay, etc) selling specilized equipment offer 0% instalment credit card plans for purchases. Will understand of they have a 3 to 5% surcharge.

    Thanks
    They do have 0% installment plans. Each store has a slight different sets of acceptable credit cards, with DBS the most common. Cathay, is the only store that do not charge you extra for CC installments (however, their items had already been marked up most of the time). Minimum is $500 transaction and above. I heard OCBC has the longest installment plan of 36 months.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  3. #3

    Default

    Thax.

    Would you know of a Shop which does trade-ins and still give u the instalment plan after that ?

    Perhaps recommend a shop?

    Thax


  4. #4

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by weeloong View Post
    Thax.

    Would you know of a Shop which does trade-ins and still give u the instalment plan after that ?

    Perhaps recommend a shop?

    Thax

    Shops don't accept trade-ins, what you can do is sell your gear here or to 2nd hand shops then go purchase your new set.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    U can pay cash, nets or credit card a portion of the cost of product then CC installment the rest. As long as the remaining is still $500 or more.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  6. #6

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    They do have 0% installment plans. Each store has a slight different sets of acceptable credit cards, with DBS the most common. Cathay, is the only store that do not charge you extra for CC installments (however, their items had already been marked up most of the time). Minimum is $500 transaction and above. I heard OCBC has the longest installment plan of 36 months.
    On the OCBC part, I don't think so. The general 0% installment plans for all kinds of credit card is 6 or 12 mths, unless there's some special arrangement or you buy a product at a co-branded shop, like using OCBC Best Denki @ Best Denki.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    On the OCBC part, I don't think so. The general 0% installment plans for all kinds of credit card is 6 or 12 mths, unless there's some special arrangement or you buy a product at a co-branded shop, like using OCBC Best Denki @ Best Denki.
    I can confirm on the OCBC 36 months installment as this is offered by SLRR, though still need to paid an initial extra bit (2 or 4%) for admin fee. Was considering this option to pay off a D4 when I was previously considering getting that. Luckily D800 comes along
    Last edited by Cowseye; 12th March 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  8. #8

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    I can confirm on the OCBC 36 months installment as this is offered by SLRR, though still need to paid an initial extra bit (2 or 4%) for admin fee. Was considering this option to pay off a D4 when I was previously considering getting that. Luckily D800 comes along
    ah.. looks like OCBC cards are more flexible? but the extra fee is a little disgusting. what admin fee is there? technically nothing administrative!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Dunno what kind of fee is there but it's usually impose by merchants. Pretty common when you purchase high ticket items...
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  10. #10

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    mega store - u pay likely the RRP hence there is zero free installments on most major CC

    other shops - u paid street price, hence they add a 2-3% processing fee for that installments plan

    of cos there alot of arrangement btw the shops and the banks

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeloong
    Hi,
    Juz wondering if shops (Cathay, etc) selling specilized equipment offer 0% instalment credit card plans for purchases. Will understand of they have a 3 to 5% surcharge.

    Thanks
    I get all sorts of letter to process large purchase via bank repayment in installments.. Maybe u like to check with your bank about such schemes.. Then the merchant will still charge u extra if u pay via cards..

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    i ask before at cathay if pay by cash cheaper by 2% ++ if pay by cc same price their installment plan 6 month to 1 year no surcharge

  13. #13

    Default Re: 0% instalment plans by Specialist shops?

    Any payment by CC will increase price by 2% at least..most shops are 3% above cash/NETS price..if the shop doesn't offer IPP..some banks like DBS and Citi allow you to charge to card as per normal..then apply to pay for that particular purchase in installments with no extra charge..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •