Thread: iLights

Default iLights

I'm planning to go to the iLights installation at marina bay... looked through the festival map but I myself have never personally been there but from the number of outting i dare say a number of you have. So I was wondering if you could provide me with a few "best photography perspectives" to shoot from (: use the points on the festival map if you could (: thanks
    Sing like no ones listening ,Dance like no ones watching, Live like heaven's on earth

Default Re: iLights

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusluvsgreen View Post
    I'm planning to go to the iLights installation at marina bay... looked through the festival map but I myself have never personally been there but from the number of outting i dare say a number of you have. So I was wondering if you could provide me with a few "best photography perspectives" to shoot from (: use the points on the festival map if you could (: thanks
    I'm not sure how many people are willing to tell you exactly where they shoot from, otherwise their spot would always be taken and they can't shoot from their unique angle anymore. I wouldn't mind sharing my spots, but I have never shot marina bay so I can't help you there.

Its easy to share with you the technical aspects of photography but I believe that most photographers will not share their composition or perspectives. You have to go down yourself and see how you can make your photos interesting or unique.

Blog Entries

Join us on the 25th and see what others are doing

Pick a night when it isn't raining. Last night it was

Just recce the place first.
    Anyway if you shoot from where everyone else is shooting then your pics may turn out to be too conventional.

Here are some of my pictures from the iLight @ Marina Bay which you can consider to take your photo.

You need both wide angle and tele lens. I am using 20-35mm for all the shots except pic#1 using 70-200mm. Need to find another not raining day to re-shoot.

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Blog Entries

don't let the rain stop you, wet ground and puddles of water make great reflections

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    don't let the rain stop you, wet ground and puddles of water make great reflections
    Good point! Except my equipment not weather sealed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Good point! Except my equipment not weather sealed
    I have this thing that will do the trick

Just one quick question..will the light installations be turned off after 11pm? Or it will be left on throughout the night? Went to their website but it offers no such information..

Quote Originally Posted by SmOcKxY
    Just one quick question..will the light installations be turned off after 11pm? Or it will be left on throughout the night? Went to their website but it offers no such information..
    Walked past the place at around 11.15 and the light installments are still on.

Just to note, during Earth Hour all the exhibits will be turn off also. So it may be a rare shooting chance also =)

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Walked past the place at around 11.15 and the light installments are still on.
    Oh..I was thinking more like 1am liddat..haha!

Quote Originally Posted by SmOcKxY View Post
    Oh..I was thinking more like 1am liddat..haha!
    lol doubt they will leave the lights on till so late. Even though they are showing off energy efficient lighting I'm sure it's still expensive to run.

Quote Originally Posted by mds80 View Post
    lol doubt they will leave the lights on till so late. Even though they are showing off energy efficient lighting I'm sure it's still expensive to run.
    Ya I think so too..wanna do long exposure shots but not always the easiest with people walking around...so I thot they may leave it on till late..heh heh!