Thread: What is a camera to you?

Default What is a camera to you?

I started out using the expensive G5, with extra stuff accessories etc etc about 1 year ago. 9 Months ago I sold my G5 and stuff, bought a EOS 30, 70-200L/F4, 100/F2, 50/1.8, 24/2.8 and some pro negative and slides. After all these expensive stuff I never really go and enjoy and learn photography. That was when I find myself again, thinking what I want to achieve 10,20,30 years down the road.

Digging out my frozen slides which I never really use. I was from the digital IT world that everything the latest I must have, regardless whether I really need it or not. Then I only see myself having this thoughts: I just want to share with my family and friends what I see, let them know there are beautiful things in our life worth looking forward to. My sister did that with either her S50 or the good old EOS 5 with a 28-80 Tamron.

Just a thought in a late night that came across my mind with all these digital stuff I am facing everyday.

eh..i think u r just not interested in photography itself,just after the equipment.

i do own quite a few cameras,but i'm constantly trying to improve my composition,printing and developing skills etc..

my primary medium is still film,though i use digital for work.

I hate photography years ago. Then when I saw what my 2 sisters did capture, that changed me for a while. As I see the world more, the more I see beautiful pictures. What started me to get beautiful pictures became a hunger for equipment purchase. Now I am refocusing to capture beautiful pictures that I intended to keep so that 30-50 years down the road I can still see things that is never again.

Like a rifle to a soldier. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

Camera is just a tool to help you to capture photos.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

learn how to get the most out of your equipment, and have fun shooting! be inspired by examples of good photography and develop your own style and vision.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

It is a tool that let me create

camera is my second girlfriend It travel to more places with me than my girlfriend does

Sounds similar to my case. I look at good photos in the Gallery and realise what makes them interesting, but I can never seem to capture any elements of interest when I look through my viewfinder. The shutter click sound is very attractive though.

One year, or 5 or even 10 down the road, I wonder if I can really be creative as photographers go, or if the camera will be just a tool to capture the mundane things I see.

Deregistered

Camera is a tool that lets you take images, however it's the photography behind the viewfinder that does the justification, having proper and good equipment DOES help a bit

Camera is something to fondle every now and then, and take pictures of my family to remember them by.

this is a case of inbalance. sometimes less powerful things are more powerful than more powerful things

solution: buy back the g5.