Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 LastLast

Thread: Punggol Shoot 03, 18th Dec '04

That is what I called Sunset.
    Mine is Sun so sad.

mine's only so-so, you'll be astonished by what the other shooters took! though your's is 'sun-sad' but the lamp looks happy to me ... somehow reminds me of a smiley face ok ... i read alot into street lamps ... i am a street lamp fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    nice shot for the last shot...see wide angle better for scenery!!!
    Erm.....for the last shot....on 2nd tought....I seriously doubt it was mine job I remember I was asking question to this "Si Fu" (sorry, just can't remember your name but I remember you in person ) at that moment....he taught me the metering thingy and in the same time taken a few shots...so it must be his

Hi folks, thanks for organising this activity..... my first time at this “secluded” part of the island.

Before the master shooters post their photos, here are some of mine, from a pro-consumer digital camera. Will come back and post those from my film camera, if it turns out ok. Please feel free to give your frank comment..... trying to learn more. Thank you!

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall...0/ppuser/12700

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    Erm.....for the last shot....on 2nd tought....I seriously doubt it was mine job I remember I was asking question to this "Si Fu" (sorry, just can't remember your name but I remember you in person ) at that moment....he taught me the metering thingy and in the same time taken a few shots...so it must be his
    All of us are learning, "Si Fu" is too strong a title Most important is to enjoy the outing, exchange ideas/pointers and have fun... which we did although the weather wasn't the best--the sun did set, but behind the clouds

I'll post my pix along with the night-shots at Fort Canning once I get them developed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by minniemouse
    Hi folks, thanks for organising this activity..... my first time at this “secluded” part of the island.

Before the master shooters post their photos, here are some of mine, from a pro-consumer digital camera. Will come back and post those from my film camera, if it turns out ok. Please feel free to give your frank comment..... trying to learn more. Thank you!

Liked the "Sunset thru' bell" and "B/F sunset" pix For the "B/F sunet", the reflection on the water is beautiful, perhaps can frame more of that and less sky. All are nice shots

Wow...yours totally....wow

工力深厚,佩服,佩服

Blog Entries

I like the b/f sunset shot, but your jpeg compression setting is too low, maybe can try to resave using compression 6. There are other nice shots but needs stronger composition. That is only my opinion.

Blog Entries

Here is my shot, please comment.

beautiful

well done, i had that image in mind, but don't have a wide angle to do that, at least i get to see your take ... contented

btw how do you meter this image to get those nice details in the shadow? teach teach!

Good shot ortega

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    btw how do you meter this image to get those nice details in the shadow? teach teach!
    Actually, if you read the other forums, you wil note that the D70 like the F5 camera tends to meter to keep shadow detail, this normally makes the picture look under exposed. What I did was to know my camera what my camera can and cannot do, then with that knowledge I am able to predict
    and adjust what the camera captures. This shot was taken while it was still quite bright, so I under exposed this shot by -1EV.

The more you take, the better you understand your camera.
    No PS work onthe shadow details, but the colours in the sky
    was enhanced slightly. just darken the sky slightly
    and increased the orange.

I am willing to teach if you want to know.

Eikin, thanks for organizing Punggol outing again. Here's my contribution. Comments are welcomed.

Beatiful shot Ortega

Amigo, I like the 1st one best with a silhouette of the couple

Blog Entries

Self critique

Too bad the pole of the shelter is distorted, I wil redo this picture with a different lens to correct the distorted pole. I also tried adding flying birds in the sky but they will be too small and will lok like black spots, so decided against it. Would have prefered it if the colours in the sky were punchier, other than that I am satisfied.

Amigo, I like the lamp post shot, but point of view should be lower to get more of the boats in the horizon instead of just the masts.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Here is my shot, please comment.
    Hi ortega,
    15mm or 16mm fisheye?
    Nice.
    Hmm, maybe less roof-top abit. How 'bout that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Hi ortega,
    15mm or 16mm fisheye?
    Nice.
    Hmm, maybe less roof-top abit. How 'bout that?
    to be specific it is an AF DX Fisheye 10.5mm f/2.8G ED

Trying a borrowed Fisheye,
    too much distortion and too expansive for my taste
    I will stick to a 12mm

I'll give it a shot (the cropping)
    what you see here is full frame without any cropping.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Good call about the cropping.
    Now I like it better, still disturbed by the distorted pole.

Here it is

Blog Entries

Some details about the shoot

Since the management does not allow photography, we left our tripods behind. We split up so that we do not attract any attention. I was walking around with my hand on my camera and the camera in my bag, only to come out for a few seconds to shoot and then it is back into the bag again. After awhile the security decided that enough was enough and told us to stop and not to make it difficult for him.

So for those thinking of going there remember that photography is NOT allowed.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 LastLast