Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peril of our hobby

Default Re: Peril of our hobby

Think Singapore is similar, depends on where the photo is taken, if standing on public property then normally is OK. But there are so many other law we don't know, later charged under Clause X.X.X Subsection X.X.X Sub subsection X.X.X under XXX Act...
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

time to get a DSLR with dual memory slot. You may delete the photo in front of her if she insist but keep the other card intact. I did that once, just smile, delete in front of that fella, turn and walk away.

Personally I don't know why people can get so worked up with others taking photo of them unless you aim a big lens directly at their face. We got our pictures taken almost everywhere... CCTV, ATM machines, traffic cameras...
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    time to get a DSLR with dual memory slot. You may delete the photo in front of her if she insist but keep the other card intact. I did that once, just smile, delete in front of that fella, turn and walk away.

Personally I don't know why people can get so worked up with others taking photo of them unless you aim a big lens directly at their face. We got our pictures taken almost everywhere... CCTV, ATM machines, traffic cameras...
    So, a upgrade to D800 is justified, hehe

but then, if the one being photographed doesn't want it, I also don't want to keep his or her photo ....
    Last edited by cichlid; 12th March 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post

Although subject is not a celebrity it can be interpreted as invasion of privacy.In the old days of explorers photographing of indegeneous people is taken as if you stole their souls or spirits.
    Last edited by one eye jack; 12th March 2012 at 12:10 PM.

great idea. if you take a photo of a girl, tell her "i'm keeping your picture because i want your prettiness as a benchmark for the girls my Son/Future Son."

if it's a guy... "i'm keeping your picture because i want to show my Daughter/Future Daughter what kind of guy she should date."

of course... if you want to troll them... you could always say:

"i'm keeping your picture because to show my Son/Daughter what kind of person they should not date"

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Today, after work, I took the MRT and alighted at the Hougang station & walked to the MRT's station bicycle lots to take some photos. After I'm done shooting, I walked to a nearby bus stop for my bus home.

While waiting for my bus, someone tapped on my shoulder and beckoned me to follow her. I was stunned for a while and stayed put.

Seeing that i'm not budging, she asked, "Did u take my photo?' in mandarin.

I answered "No."

"I was sitting at the steps just now and i 'beow" you for a long time, you must have taken my photos. I want to have a look at your camera" she said, still maintaining her soft spoken manner.

"I have the right to not show you, but it's ok, I'll show it to you" I said, knowing that I'll prove her wrong.

I pointed the camera's LCD to her and scrolled through the images, seeing nothing of herself, she raised her hand in a apologetic manner. I shaked my head a few times, just for the effect to make her feel ridiculous.

I already have little courage to do streets photo and yet I have to "suffer" this!
    Now she trusted you, you can start shooting her & she won't question you again.....................
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    That explains it? They are more self conscious because they are forever fighting a battle in their mind on their self esteem, society acceptance and their own sexual confusion.

Some of them might use drugs (not the heroin or crack type) but stuff like male hormones which throws their overall hormones into imbalance resulting in weird mood and behaviors.
    erm... do you really know some of them,read some statistics or are you just making baseless assumptions? i am not one lol, and i do not know any, but i find your statements prejudicial if you are just making assumptions.....it is kind of "racist" if it was directed against a race... sorry my english is not fantastic so i do not know the word for it....but if you are making baseless assumptions i find the statements quite nasty ...

Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Although subject is not a celebrity it can be interpreted as invasion of privacy.In the old days of explorers photographing of indegeneous people is taken as if you stole their souls or spirits.
    I heard in some parts of Africa this belief still holds. So be careful if visiting Africa, make sure to check if ok to shoot pple.

TS better don't get involved with butch. This is what one butch did.

Clementi Woods Park body belonged to property agent

Clementi Woods body: Woman charged

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    TS better don't get involved with butch. This is what one butch did.

Clementi Woods Park body belonged to property agent

Clementi Woods body: Woman charged
    i don't think you should make that statement without first putting a disclaimer that "not all butches are like that"

anyone can kill someone else. just because we're talking about butches and there's a crime allegedly committed by a butch... doesn't mean that all butches will do that.

if chiobu talk nicely, if buang bu scold her !!!!!!! wahahahahaha lol =x

i think it's also 2 way, if you want to photograph people then don't use a huge camera with a bazooka lens. Obviously that will intimidate people. When i use iphone/gx1 to snap people, almost all of them don't care, even if they know i'm taking their picture. Don't care meaning after you've taken the shot and they look at you, it's not a GLARE.

On the other hand when i take the dslr, some people GLARE after you're taken the shot. I've even encountered a guy who was sitting down and leaned his whole body backwards - like doing yoga - when he saw the camera pointing his way.

Some people don't like to be photographed, let's respect that. We can do that by being discreet, be it with our choice of gear, the way we take people etc. Just take the shot smoothly, swiftly, and most people won't even know you took their picture.

Time to buy rangefinder liao haha

Let's face it, it's rude to take someone pictures without permission. More so if it's from a complete stranger. If you really want to do it please be discreet, if caught then it's mission failed don't complain and bring out the law book. The law might allow it but doesn't mean everyone will agree to the law. I myself hate to be shot at when I am not ready or my hair is messy even from my wife so no way I will allow it on the street. I believe a lot of people feel the same as me too or the zillion reasons they might have, we have to respect what other people's feeling too.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Deregistered

hmmm got so jie lat bo. . take pic oso kana sue >_< so ke lian. but i guess with out proof there cannot anyhow charge. ke lian de cichild but i think street photography is interesting taking pic of ppl and yet there have no idea the moment have been taken down. but i too shy to do street photography
    Last edited by PrincessWhite; 16th March 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessWhite View Post
    hmmm got so jie lat bo. . take pic oso kana sue >_< so ke lian. but i guess with out proof there cannot anyhow charge. ke lian de cichild but i think street photography is interesting taking pic of ppl and yet there have no idea the moment have been taken down. but i too shy to do street photography
    hi

i think using a RF really helps.. it is so small

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi

i think using a RF really helps.. it is so small
    the only time when the girl will appreciate something small

if you know what i mean

Shows why you need to be discreet when doing street photography... A big DSLR with a big lens never helps... I personally dont want my photograph to be taken by a stranger no matter what the law says

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

the only time when the girl will appreciate something small

if you know what i mean
    Thats why there r so many female rf users... Ya.. Sometimes they prefer pns too... They hate technical stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by ronniegogs View Post
    Shows why you need to be discreet when doing street photography... A big DSLR with a big lens never helps... I personally dont want my photograph to be taken by a stranger no matter what the law says
    Hmmm this is interesting, I guess once in a while we have to think like the subject.

Let's say you personally don't want, and then you saw someone took a picture of you in a public property (and let's say nothing wrong with that according to the law). What action will you take?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast