Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

  1. #1

    Default Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    I'm planning on upgrading but I have 1 problem, auto focusing. I know AFS has built in motor but what about AFG and AFD who do not have built in motors, does the d7000 have the autofocusing motor inside it
    Sing like no ones listening ,Dance like no ones watching, Live like heaven's on earth

  2. #2

    Default re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusluvsgreen View Post
    I'm planning on upgrading but I have 1 problem, auto focusing. I know AFS has built in motor but what about AFG and AFD who do not have built in motors, does the d7000 have the autofocusing motor inside it
    are you looking at D700 or D7000? anyway, both camera can auto focus with AFS or AFD lenses.

  3. #3

    Default re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusluvsgreen View Post
    I'm planning on upgrading but I have 1 problem, auto focusing. I know AFS has built in motor but what about AFG and AFD who do not have built in motors, does the d7000 have the autofocusing motor inside it
    You mean the D7000 or D700? Doesn't matter really, both of them have the motor inside.

  4. #4

    Default re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    d7000 haha (: just been looking to upgrade as a lot of my lenses are AFD and i've got a D3100 ):
    Sing like no ones listening ,Dance like no ones watching, Live like heaven's on earth

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    Thread title edited.


    only entry level DSLR does not have built in AF motor, D7000 is not an entry level DSLR.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Well, a D7000 enables all ur D lenses' auto focus, which is definitely a good thing. As for the D & G designation, firstly u can AF both type of lenses on D7000. Secondly, AF-S just happens to appear in many G lenses which people mistakenly thought they always come together.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  7. #7
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Maybe you consider a d90 too? Sell your d3100 n get a used.d90 body? Think price dropping already.

    But if can a d7000 would be a better upgrade
    Lousy de My Flickr

  8. #8

    Default Re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    G and AF-D are two different things. G stands for gelded, which means no aperture ring = cannot use on the old film cameras. AF-S lenses got focus motor, AF-D got no focus motor and it use the focus motor in camera body to AF. AF-D should not be compared to G, they are two different things

    And yes the D7000 has a focus motor in the body

  9. #9

    Default Re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    G and AF-D are two different things. G stands for gelded, which means no aperture ring = cannot use on the old film cameras. AF-S lenses got focus motor, AF-D got no focus motor and it use the focus motor in camera body to AF. AF-D should not be compared to G, they are two different things

    And yes the D7000 has a focus motor in the body
    Haha actually AF-D is already 2 different things. AF means that the lens need a camera with built-in motor to autofocus and D means that the lens is able to communicate distance information to the body. There isn't really an AF-D, the 2 terms are usually separated.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha actually AF-D is already 2 different things. AF means that the lens need a camera with built-in motor to autofocus and D means that the lens is able to communicate distance information to the body. There isn't really an AF-D, the 2 terms are usually separated.
    Nikon is troll.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Does D7000 able to auto focus with AFD/AFG lenses?

    You know the thread you started on D3100, where Spree86 listed a link to answer your question -- Nikon Lens Compatibility

    I suggest you bookmark it. It's a comprehensive reference on Nikon body/lens compatibility, for DSLRs and film SLRs. Scroll down to "Digital SLRs" for the info on D7000, D700, D3100 etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •