Thread: DIsposal of Lithium batts

Default DIsposal of Lithium batts

I have about a dozen of lithium batts (CR123A) to dispose. How to do that in the MOST environmentally friendly way? Lithium batts is not like alkaline since it is very sensitive to water so it is not good to just throw it into the trash bin (ok, though it is not bare lithium, but I think it is just not right to dump it just like that, especially with a dozen of them). Is there a place where people can send in their used Lithium batts? Any advice?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 13th December 2004 at 09:52 AM.

ikea has a battery disposal box outside the checkout counters....

or u could try this... TO START recycling, just get a box and put used batteries in it. When you have collected enough batteries, you can call the Singapore Environment Council on 6337-6062 for instructions on how to have them collected.

anyone want to combine to recycle?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy

or u could try this... TO START recycling, just get a box and put used batteries in it. When you have collected enough batteries, you can call the Singapore Environment Council on 6337-6062 for instructions on how to have them collected.

yah I have a dozen C2R5.

Deregistered

WOW! that's a lot of film used...

btw, if i'm not mistaken, Li batteries can be disposed of at for recycling at Nokia Care Centres. hope i'm correct on this...

i've mailed some friends who are environmentalists, and hopefully they have some answers
    Last edited by sehsuan; 13th December 2004 at 04:19 PM.

not film. mine are for the Canon ST-E2 since it doesn't accept rechargeables. I've dutifully collected all my Li batts so far, just waiting for somewhere to dispose.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by buddy

thks. will call SEC. Lithium batts are known to be very recyclable unlike alkaline, so it is a good idea. I dun mind making a trip to any battery factory to recycle all my old batts. I am starting to use lots of lithium for my flashlight. I used it for cycling at night. My flashlight can easily finish 3 peices of CR123A (brand new) in 20 mins!!! I bought 50 pcs of CR123A like 5 days ago and now I already depleted 15 pcs.
    Last edited by Zephirum; 14th December 2004 at 09:17 AM.

time to get a flashlight that will accept rechargeables!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy

Oh! Thought of that too. But rechargeble just somehow cannot give the type of performance of CR123A on my $300 flashlight... Since these light are design to use CR123A or rather SR123A (ex). Rechargeble Lithium R123 is out bcos there r some risk involve. Heard of battery exploded due to improper usage.
    Last edited by Zephirum; 14th December 2004 at 02:18 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    yes i do.

i can use my maglite or my cateye hl500 II lamps with my rechargeable AA's