Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In the name of "Portfolio Building"

Default Re: Photographer needed for Pre-wedding Shoot @ Krabi

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    I believe the TS is a run and gun poster. hence the email address in the first post, I doubt she will come back.

Anyway let those people with dslr and kit lens go la. At the most TS gets ****ed up photos and the person she pays the trip for gets to go overseas.
    I searched her email and found her advertisement on gumtree hiring telephone coordinator for $9 per hour, (Is that a better job or what?!)

Co-ordinator (Through telephone) - High salary! - Singapore part time, weekend jobs - Gumtree Singapore
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    I searched her email and found her advertisement on gumtree hiring telephone coordinator for $9 per hour, (Is that a better job or what?!)

Co-ordinator (Through telephone) - High salary! - Singapore part time, weekend jobs - Gumtree Singapore
    she has another one at 7 - 8 per hour. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    can train me?
    eleveninth, I dont think you need training being a senior member in CS.
    You would have enuf experience judging from the way you write.
    pm me if u wan to know me.
    as I dun like to post too much info here as you can c from the amt of posts I have in CS.

now this is new.

so the free photographer gets free holiday (since air fare and accommodation paid for) for the work he put in but he needs to pay other expenses (food, transport, insurance etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by newtoforums View Post
    as I dun like to post too much info here as you can c from the amt of posts I have in CS.
    lol. Senior Member just means i post alot of rubbish. Doesn't mean im experience. I pm'd u already.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    now this is new.

so the free photographer gets free holiday (since air fare and accommodation paid for) for the work he put in but he needs to pay other expenses (food, transport, insurance etc)?
    Shooting on job overseas is hardly a holiday.

Its more like getting a personal photographer to shoot their holiday for cheap.

Nowadays these cheapos will say anything to make use of photographers. If they respected the craft of photography and the photographer in the first place they wouldn't be short changing you.

Most likely they can afford to pay but just don't want to, nor see the need when they can try their luck on Clubsnap pulling this trick.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Hi All,

I've mentioned about the 'free photography' problem/syndrome long ago but some newbies insist that without starting out for free how do they ever get to starter! Well newbies have to start at the beginning as you dont learn to fly before your learn to walk. Over the years I've trained more than 50 newbies. Of course not everyone will make it but there are a few who have made Photography their career. Whenever I have a chance to find a newbie who is keen to learn about photography and even my trainees/interns get paid to learn. There is No such thing as 'free photography' in my vocabulary. All my clients either pay full rate or what i term 'charity' rates if they are non-profit organisation, they are either subsidised or depend on donations but end of the day we are providing a service and Not doing volunteer work. My 2cents.
    Hi Mel,

I hope we will have more established photographers like you can post and share more here.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hi TS,
    I will shoot for you FREE if you meet my expectations of a model bridal couple... T&C's as follows ...

1) Vera Wang Wedding Gowns
    2) Professional Local Makeup Artists .. TG Goh, Kenneth Wong, Clarence Lee, Ivan Hoo ... etc
    3) First class villa in Krabi
    4) 5 hours photography shoot from 8am till 1pm

Albert of Everafterpictures

You forgot to add that they should be model looking, not fat and ugly

please state what airline and also which hotel will be provided?
    Having the last say doesn't mean you are correct, it just mean you are desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Hi Mel,

I hope we will have more established photographers like you can post and share more here.
    Hi Benajmin,

Lao liau la... Dont like to tok too much here as there are many experts here.

Catch up for a cuppa one of these dayz!

cheers

I wonder why there are no ads like this:

"I am looking for a restaurant for a casual pre-wedding dinner 100 pax with three main course dishes, wine, dessert and live music
    Having experience in helding wedding banquets is preferred
    I am only willing to pay for the forks and tissues"

but there are too many ads like these in photography, especially in wedding one which is much more stressful and responsible job.

Soon or later ClubSNAP service wanted will become as Charity wanted section...

I don't really understand why now a days a lot ppl for asking a free shooting? Low budget? I don't think so bcos thr are plan to krabi..save budget? I also don't think so if thr wan to save then just shoot local la..

TS I have a question in my mind hope you can answer for me..

Q: if your budget low then why you married? Did you wan on your wedding day you going to show your relation that monkey take photo for you?

Pay nut get monkey

TS TS~~ You want to save money also don't need to go into such disgrace act right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneChng View Post
    I am looking for photographer who would like to build up his/her portfolio
    Krabi on 22 March - 24 March - Best if you are familiar with there
    Casual pre-wedding shoot

I am only willing to pay for the airfare and accomodation
    3D2N

Interested, please contact Jo at prestigelee@gmail.com with your contact and portfolio
    haha this is so ~~~ bwg ...
    Lousy de My Flickr

What a cheapo TS is .. posting these kind of request, but an even bigger one whos responding to TS request ...

Do guys have common sense here .. the risk involve vs the effort put in just for that portfolio ? Whats so different between krabi and sentosa when u can produce good photo of each couple (no matter they r nice looking or average looking).

Newbie photographer better put effort in creating beautiful photo of average looking couple than going to waste their time at krabi ..

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post

Pay nut get monkey
    Hi robin-ang,

The above used to be my fav quote.

Hi Everyone, I would like to highlight that we should charge the min to cover our expense , Food, transport etc. I encourage newbie to hunt for experience while the passion is still there. Regardless you are new, amateur or a pro, you do not feed on passion or experience. There is a limited resources everyone start out with, so let be fair and help everyone to earn to fuel the passion.

With Pride we capture image. Not for free!!

I strongly suggest Mod and fellow photographers to share their ideas and advice regarding the Min charge for such similar cases.

I know this is very hard. However as a clubsnap members for few years, it will break my heart to see people taking advantage of fresh/fellow photographers.

My 2cent worth of thought.

Hi 2nd-Hamsterlord,

its easier said than done. Firstly, when you do that then the authorities will come after you. Cos you are now forming a Cartel which is anti-competive n against the law. My heart has long been broken to see soo many newbies being taken advantage of by intelligent clients who will stop at nothing to reword their conversations to make newbies work for free(just like slaves) and when the results r not what they expect then the newbie better be prepared to face the music/wrath of the client(who would expect nothing but the best from the poor newbie). Wad with social media n all but to me, its always a double-edged sword!

Newbies who offer Free services just be aware cos one day you too can be cut by the other edge of that sword!
    Not to forget that equipment sometimes fail you at the most critical of moments! Only pros and the advanced-amateurs
    will know how to overcome it & its definately not thru ps. if you got no pics wad is there to ps!

You get what you pay for was a phrase my elders told me long ago, of course they were not talking about paying for "talent". Our TS takes this photography is cheap mentality to an all time low, any lower and it will be that the photographer has to pay for the "honor" of covering this for them. Hey TS may be you need to readvertise and say highest bidder to cover your casual pre wedding shoot will be the shooter for you.

I am sure you will get the photographer that you deserve.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast