Thread: Is my camera spoilt?

Default Is my camera spoilt?

oh my.. what happened..

wah wat pic r u trying to take initially?

it looks appealing. Oddly enough.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

No... it's the legendary Arty Abstract Camera.... use it for abstract competitions and win your next camera (and there's your normal cam)!

thanks for your jokes, but apparently it isn't helping me right now. It was just a picture of my shoe, but it turned out liek that. It's from an A70 btw. i think it's spoilt.

Hello, fellow A70-ian here. You are experiencing a sensor failure.
    I wanted to take something like this (taken using a 300D, not the A70, A70 already konk at the time of taking the pic).

and this came out

I sent it to Canon Malaysia (I'm Malaysian btw) and they have reported to me that it's a sensor failure. They quoted me RM279 to replace the sensor. It's still with Canon (M) at the time of writing this post.

My A70 suffered this after 1.5 years of use. What about urs?

EDIT: To further confirm we're facing the same problem, you camera should work fine in playback mode and while viewing the pictures that u take before the corrupted images start to surface, and only has this problem during record mode. After a few more weeks or a little over a month there will be completely no display in record mode, not even the corrupted images. It's heartbreaking, but when it happens it happens .
    Last edited by LanEvo7; 13th December 2004 at 01:14 AM. Reason: additional info

Oh.. a sensor failure.. haha just trying to ease up the atmosphere.. which failed How did the sensor spoil btw? Attempt to learn ccd cleaning on A70? Hmm.. but this indeed gave me some ideas on abstract =x

Er are you willing to sell the spoilt a70 then? I be happy to take it over provided it is cheap like epia said, good idea for abstract.

Plus seriously i find the first one appealing. Its not a joke. It looks like some dance art or something.

i think after ur first few "abstract" photos, u will be tired of this toy.

~MooEy~

Blog Entries

interesting shot from post 1, unforfortunatly it is on in magenta, if it was capable of other colours, it would be good.

Send your camera for servicing if it is still under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by MooEy
    i think after ur first few "abstract" photos, u will be tired of this toy.

~MooEy~
    I was thinking of something along the lines of $10 Just for experiment's sake.

keep it..label it as "abstract auto-art" camera so next time no need to waste time and effort in trying to create funky art

hmmm. my a70 had this problem too. i bot mine second hand.

den after i switched off the cam and let it 'rest' for a few days, when i on it thereafter, its back to normal. whew, hopefully it doesnt happen again. :d

i have a canon video cam with me that has the same problem too... my friend who also have a similar v.cam also have the same problem... cannot record but can playback.... think the v.cam have same prob as the above mentioned camera... how come like that... any canon spokesman wanna comment??

Looks like Canon really produce good images.. even after it's spoilt!

looks more like ur trying to take a cute gals butt, and ur cam is shaking. hahaha nice nice