Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: KONY 2012

  1. #21

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by tplongsg View Post
    He is a terrorist. No doubt and I don't think he will listen to logical persuasion either. My question is what fuels all these mindless acts? Somehow money is figured into the equation. There are socio political and economic tools being or already instituted to deal with illegal trades. Support these policies by avoiding to deal with identified entities that support terrorist or juntas. Will you forgo profit to support anti money laundering? Is this just the governments job? Or it's our part to make the world a better place?
    Power and money. Mostly power as he claims to be the successor of the Holy Spirit movement (Before it was renamed to LRA). giving peace talks and all the bullshit to gather and recruit (i would say, abduct and force) more children to join his army. He does not claim lands or villages as he moves around alot, obviously not to get caught. I think he has been intoxicated with the religion he has and forces everyone to follow him. Those who does not, will be killed.

  2. #22

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    If we do like what the video said, SG will send help to Africa like the US or not? Or send police to come after us for vandalism, sticking all those poster on streets.
    I don't think alot of singaporeans will take part in this but sure there will be a handful. Seeing how thick-skinned the U.S is, if they noticed that other countries are participating and supporting this movement, they would not want to lose face and no choice but to support it too. Just my views.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz

    Power and money. Mostly power as he claims to be the successor of the Holy Spirit movement (Before it was renamed to LRA). giving peace talks and all the bullshit to gather and recruit (i would say, abduct and force) more children to join his army. He does not claim lands or villages as he moves around alot, obviously not to get caught. I think he has been intoxicated with the religion he has and forces everyone to follow him. Those who does not, will be killed.
    So he rules by force and has a mindless army. To support this army and run the logistics, he needs money and runners to carry out his purchases. To support this madness, arm dealers and illegal traders must have encouraged him and lived off his madness.

    I'm sure there is a very large database of international watch list of names, companies etc that we're forbidden to engage commercially with. Let's work within the legal framework and guidelines set to make illegal trades (eg. Arms, timber, gold, etc) harder and not profitable. Simple things like asking where these came from? How do we remit or receive money? Cash is a big red flag especially wads of it. That way all of us are engaged and participating in eliminating NOT just this clown but many others like him. Perhaps then we can have peace.

  4. #24

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    I showed my colleages the Krony 2012 video. They were at first outraged.
    Then i shared with them this link:
    Kony2012: The Problem With Invisible Children's Viral Video Crusade Against Josephy Kony | Global Spin | TIME.com

    And they were like, "Eff it, lets go for lunch."

    And we proceeded to McDonalds.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival
    I showed my colleages the Krony 2012 video. They were at first outraged.
    Then i shared with them this link:
    Kony2012: The Problem With Invisible Children's Viral Video Crusade Against Josephy Kony | Global Spin | TIME.com

    And they were like, "Eff it, lets go for lunch."

    And we proceeded to McDonalds.
    There are missionaries working the ground to pick up the shattered lives left behind by the likes of Idi Amin and Kony. Help educate and improve the lives of these dislocated children of Uganda. One day, they will be leading this country and we need them to be wise and grounded. In the hope that they could build a better nation.

    Salvation army's effort in Uganda

    http://www1.salvationarmy.org/ihq%5C...F?opendocument

    I am an adherent of the church.

  6. #26

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    i don't advocate using the enemy's shameless tactics against them while taking part in the same looting and misconduct

  7. #27
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  8. #28

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by tplongsg View Post
    There are missionaries working the ground to pick up the shattered lives left behind by the likes of Idi Amin and Kony. Help educate and improve the lives of these dislocated children of Uganda. One day, they will be leading this country and we need them to be wise and grounded. In the hope that they could build a better nation.

    Salvation army's effort in Uganda

    Salvation Army in Uganda makes education for children in camps a priority

    I am an adherent of the church.
    I'm sure the church is doing good work in Uganda.

    Anyway, a funny unrelated video to share.


    But as per forum guidelines, please do not turn this into a religious issue.

  9. #29

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    LOL. The world keyboard warriors unite!!!

    My thoughts on the issue. Warning! Might be offensive to keyboard warriors BUT very true - Joseph Kony 2012

  10. #30

  11. #31
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #32
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: KONY 2012


    YouTube Video ID No. PTGRAFX7-OK

    Prime Minister of Uganda "Patrick Amama Mbabazi" criticised Kony 2012.

    Can someone sponsor them a proper video camera?
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 18th March 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  13. #33
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: KONY 2012

    The way out of this problem, is when countries are helped out of poverty. Arrest one war criminal without solving the root issue, another will pop up. Even if, there isn't any popping up of another war criminal, the poverty issue will still not help make the lives of the people better.

    Help Uganda or help Greece? The powers decide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •